GarviLoken
11 years ago
1 year ago
Premium
So in my Eastleigh save I am well within transfer and wage budgets (by £1000+/week), I have only released one player so no massive pay-offs there but my budget is nose diving. Is this to be expected?

I have to say I did have a similar problem in FM13 and it was only really in my second season in L2 that ticket sales and sponsorship brought me back into the black.

Ultimately, do I need to worry? I know the board may want me to get rid of some players to lighten the load, but I'm not going to be docked points or sacked am I? After all, I'm not overspending in the slightest!

Cheers,

Garvi
Crane
14 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
Nah, all football clubs lose money as the season goes on, and then make most of it back in the summer.
edallen2
12 years ago
5 months ago
On FM12 I was Everton and was losing £1m-£2m a month and that is just paying back the loans. On the save I was about near the end of the 1st season when Bill Kenwright sold the club. The board cleared the debt also having won the PL meant the club would £40m for tv, also around £18m in prize money, about £40m-£50m from CL in total and the board spent around £30m over 2-3 season expanding the stadium to around 60,000 seater.

I think some clubs will lose money in the first season if it is a successful one then the following season the club will see an increase in income and expenditure but will make a profit. I have not been sacked for not making money but having a wage bill that is over the budget could led to a sacking.

£1000k a week for a club Eastleigh is good going and allows you some room to emergency short term or loan signings if you have an injury crsis.

You'll need to Login to comment