Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 12 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 626 changes from 24 contributors.
kingrobbo commented on: FM Editor 2020
EnigMattic1 commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0 for FM20.3.0 [released on 20/02/2020]
FMN_Standard commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
bvb4life commented on: Some kits not working? SSKCC20.2.4 v0.5 for SS'2019/20 kits on FM20 only (16/02/20) Relink!
kaisertatsumi commented on: Realistic Transfer Preferences 2.0 - A Collab by Daveincid and majesticeternity
lembergman commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
Simon Yaffe commented on: Data update won't work
Simon Yaffe added a topic: Data update won't work
NCJesster commented on: Rags to Riches Overnight!
A new version of our data update was released with 357 changes from 24 contributors.
A new megapack was released: Cut Out Player Faces Megapack V12.06
A new version of our data update was released with 249 changes from 23 contributors.
AGW2310 commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0 for FM20.3.0 [released on 20/02/2020]
mons commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0 for FM20.3.0 [released on 20/02/2020]
Joe Boy completed a season in their Football Manager career: The Tale of a Beggar
Callum Potts commented on: PES regen faces into FM
Horky commented on: FM Editor 2020
Joe Boy commented on: Joe Boy's Tale of a Beggar
sweet commented on: Some kits not working? SSKCC20.2.4 v0.5 for SS'2019/20 kits on FM20 only (16/02/20) Relink!
A new version of our data update was released with 209 changes from 22 contributors.
Tommy Hughes commented on: FM20 Better 3D Balls
RhylFCKiko commented on: FM20 Better 3D Balls
RhylFCKiko commented on: FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.0 Out Now!!!
mons commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
r96Skinner commented on: A Turkish Delight
Footygamer added a video: MANCHESTER UNITED CAREER MODE FM20 - FOOTBALL MANAGER 2020 LIVE NOW
piitertoolen commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
weeniehutjr commented on: SS Template Thread
ninjanevo Comments
@Insomniac_911 Also, with the GK role, try switching it from Sweeper Keeper to the other role available, since your GK doesn't seem to fit very well with the current role. May or may not help shut up shop a bit better for you but i reckon it's definitely worth a try. If you decide to drop this tactic, I'd just like to say thank you for giving it go and thanks for your feedback it is genuinely appreciated.
@Insomniac_911 I think for now it would be best to target the morale as being part of the issue. Praise players for performing well in training, team talks pre match and half time are important, have to get those right. During the game, usually 15-20 minutes before the end of each half I use the 'Demand More' shout as well. Just praise them at every opportunity to try bring that morale back up, not sure if it's a feature in this FM but in previous years you could hold team talks to address things like team performance, if this is still a thing it is worth doing when you can, another opportunity to try and raise that morale. As I've said earlier, try switching the mentality to 'Positive' instead of 'Attacking' and see how that works for you also. When it's working as it should, you should be seeing a lot of attempted shots, around 60% possession, generally more passes completed than the opposition, probably a lot of yellow cards due to the 'get stuck in' command (if your getting many red cards I would recommend switching it to 'stay on feet'. I hope you stick with it, love a good great escape story on FM lol, keep in touch here i'm more than happy to offer what advise I can to make it work for you.
@Insomniac_911 What is the morale of your squad like? also are your defenders pacey or slow? Also, try switching the mentality from Attacking to Positive. Without knowing much about your squad I can't really advise too much on how to turn around. Screenshots would be handy if possible. Best of luck though.
@Hxlden it certainly does. Give it a try and let us know how you get on
@DeeJ Nice one thanks for the feedback. Did you stick with the tactic the whole season or did you make any tweaks at any point?
@TomDeBomb Thanks for the feedback and thanks for sticking with it through the tough times you seem to be having. Unfortunately yes the tactic is very combative, I made it that way for those games where we are clear underdogs, kick the opposition about the field some and drag their fitness down. But by all means remove the 'get stuck in'. Do try switching between attacking and positive mentality as this does seem to work for some (Personally I switch at half time to positive, others play the entire match set at positive). Are you conceding many goals? Or is it a lack of goals that are causing the draws? Also with your defenders, as mentioned in the description, I feel that the back need to match the player roles as best as possible to keep it tight at the back. The 2 WB's are crucial as well, important stats for these I believe is Pace, Acceleration, Technique, Dribbling as well as being capable tackling and marking. Next up, it is important to have fit players in the starting line up, but more importantly happy players. Always try to have a chat with them when they have done well in training, gotten any player of the month awards, man of the match etc, and also the team talk pre match and half time are important. For me, I hire an assistant manager who is decent in motivation as well as the core attributes for this job role. I let the Ass. Man do pre match talks and I take half time talks. I will tell them i'm unhappy if we are losing, drawing or winning 1-0. If i'm winning by two goals or more, I tend to stick with 'don't get complacent', although i'm not sure how effective that is.

Some or even all of the above might be common knowledge to you, if it's not, give it a try and hopefully get you on your way with your challenge.
@thegoon65 Many thanks, I may give that a try myself.
@thegoon65 Hope it works for you with Ipswich, as for the 2 AP's, originally I had the AMC role set to trequartista. With my current save, my AMC's are no good for that role, so a switched to AP to better suite. The MC has always been set to AP, but I forgot about that lol, you mentioning it now has just made me realise this so thank you, I think the best option for me would be to change the MC to a different role. If you have any suggestions please feel free to share, I'm not that adept at creating tactics, I just seem to have had some serious beginners luck with this one.
@Shedender Nice one, it's become a ritual for me to switch from attacking to positive at half time, works a treat. Unlucky with the City result but I hope it was to be expected lol. I prayed my non league side could take down Chelsea in the FA Cup, I did not unfortunately
@Dan @Shedender Thanks for the feedback it's greatly appreciated. Some cracking results there Dan, gave Barcelona a good seeing to Shedender as well, good to see plenty of clean sheets in there as was the desired trait with this one. Best of luck with that Champions League group lol. Please do let us all know how your progress with this tactic. I've almost finished my first season with FC Halifax (Town), I won the Conference National with 6 games to spare and booked a place in the FA Trophy final against Barnet. I will upload some screen shots when the season ends.
Ok so I got to the bottom of why the file wasn't showing up for anyone yesterday, while editing my main post, I uploaded the wrong file (4-4-1-1 Thor's Hammer.fmf or any file starting in 4-4-1-1 is a bad file). When you download the file now it should be called - Thors Hammer 2.0 (BETA).fmf. If you had issues with it loading in your game yesterday, please now re-download and fingers crossed it should show up for you this time. Thank you for your patience.
Very sorry this is happening for you guys, very annoying. It's past my bed time now, so I will look into this further tomorrow after work and hopefully figure out why it's not working for you guys. All I can suggest for now is double check what version of the game you are running and if your a Mac user, not sure what the compatibility is like, I don't imagine that has anything to do with it though.

One last suggestion for tonight- go to preferences, clear cache, reload skin. Just something I've seen in a forum regarding this exact issue on older versions of the game. Might be worth a try.

Nice one Naknak hope it goes well for you. Please do leave feedback good or bad.
For those having issues at the moment with loading this tactic, I have just made a fresh save of the file and uploaded it, please re download and try again. also ensure you have the latest version of FM 2020 (I believe it is version 20.1.0) as this may be a possible cause.

That's annoying, I will try to get to the bottom of this for you guys. Just to confirm though, you are putting it in the following file path (Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/tactics)? I doubt it makes any difference but just in case it does, all my folder names here are all lowercase letters i.e. tactics, not Tactics etc. In the mean time I will try re-uploading it here.
Ashley that's good to know. Which team are you trying this with? Has it helped you win more games?