3390 0 455
- Play out from the back - with a quick tempo to unsettle opponents (requires good ball-playing defenders and good ball-playing holding midfielder).
- Stretch the pitch when building out - cover all channels (requires good off-the-ball movement and anticipation).
- Create a 2-4-4/2-1-4-3 shape when building.
- Always have numerical superiority over the opposition first line of press.
- Always have at least 3 players as the rest defence (stopping the oppositions counter-attacks).
- Cover all 5 vertical channels (Left flank, left-half space, central, right half-space, right flank) when in the creation phase.
- Centre forward to operate as a False 9. The teams creator - to occupy Zone 14 and to be a vertical passing option.
- Have runners in behind - create counter-movements to create confusion.
- Look to create overloads against the opponent's full-backs.
- Always have a wide option through wing-backs - stretch the pitch in possession.
- Apply constant pressure off the ball - squeeze the pitch out of possession.
- Use the GK as an extra outfield player.
Strengths and Spotting Weakness in 4-3-3 (3ST)
- An anchorman screening the backline.
- The anchorman allows for wing-backs to advance.
- Being able to have a CM advance due to having enough bodies back for rest defence.
- Having 3 strikers allows us to penetrate the central areas, supported by two central midfielders.
- If strikers move out wide, formation allows for passing triangles in possession.
- Lack of natural defensive support on the width - full-backs can become isolated.
- Relies on good defensive discipline to not allow the team/shape to get exposed.
- Vulnerable to counter-attacks - Squeeze and minimize the pitch. Use offside traps, holding midfielder, use tactical fouls and defenders with good recovery pace.
Download RDFootball - 4-3-3 w... (43.33 KiB)
2 years ago
1 week ago
You'll need to Login to comment