This is my updated guide to how I develop Wonderkids on FM22 (it should also work for FM23)
There's two key points to remember above all else:
- Players aged 15-17 it's all about training.
- 18+ it's all about games. Getting good match ratings and winning games
I have 25 players in my 1st team squad on my Bayern save where I have tested everything that will be included in this section. 6 players are over the age of 23.
Things to look for in a mentor are:
- Age (most likely a senior player)
- Social Group (Being a Highly Influential Player, Influential Player or Team Leader)
- Personality (Having a very good personality with good hidden attributes can help a youth player with a bad or decent personality)
This is how I set up my mentoring:
I organise my mentoring groups by position. I'll be honest, I don't really look at the social group that the players are in.
Robert Lewandowski is a Model Professional which means he has good/great hidden attributes. I have him mentoring Moukoko & a regen I got in my intake.
Look at the far right in the red square. "Estimated effect from Group" you can see that Lewandowki is having significant effect on Moukoko & the regen due to his experience & mainly his personality. So when I choose Mentoring Groups I organise by position (Lewandowski, Moukoko & Regen all ST's).
Pre Season Training
The 1st thing you need to do is download the training schedule “FMW_PreSeason_2022.fmf” on the right hand side.
Set this training for 4-6 weeks.
I'd suggest No Individual Training. No Position/Role/Duty, Additional Focus & player traits.
You want the Workload on Medium or lower. NOT HEAVY.
Check Screenshot below
You can change this once pre Season is over.
*High Injury Risk
If you have a player complaining about this training we speak about, you can praise or criticise their training.
Praising & Criticising Training
This work in both Pre Season & Regular Season
- Go to training
- Pick a player
- Far right you will see Praise & Criticise
- Praise players with a training rating above 7.10
- Criticise players with a training rating 6.50 & below
- Do this as often as possible. Pre Season & Regular season.
- Young players will benefit massively from this
- This will improve morale & happiness
- You can also do this for matches. Poor match rating criticise, good match rating praise.
- For match ratings, players aged 18+
Make sure you take control of arranging friendlies by going to Staff > Responsibilities > Match and find ”Backroom staff arrange friendly matches for the first team" and make sure it is unticked.
Then find out what date Pre season starts & from that date use the “FMW_PreSeason_2022.fmf” Training Schedule.
Then organise 1 Friendly a week, always on Saturday & always at home.
As you can see below
One other thing to look at is coaching assignments, find this by going to Training > Coaches > Edit Coaching Assignments
You want your fitness coaches to have light workload so possibly just add a few coaches in to help them out, but note this is JUST FOR PRESEASON!!!!
Regular season coaches will be explained below.
If you manage in friendly games, for 2 friendly games pick a starting 11 & a 2nd 11 on the subs bench.
Starting 11 play 1st half & 2nd 11 play 2nd half.
For the final friendly game, starting 11 play 60 mins & the 2nd 11 play 30 mins.
I know this can be boring but this can maximise match sharpness & fitness.
By using this method you can see below the match sharpness just before pre season and how it differs to just before the 1st game.
And here it is after pre season before the 1st game
This should boost overall endurance, get the team ready to play games and get the team fit & maintain fitness.
It will help with:
- Tactical Familiarity
- Team Cohesion
- Individual Attributes
- Preventing long term fatigue
- Which means the team won't be fatigued during the season and they can put more energy to the individual training & additional focus.
Regular Season Training
For Individual Training I recommend training:
- Their weakest attribute in the role that you want them to play
- Train the role I want them to play
- Train their work rate if it is low
DON'T TRAIN PLAYER TRAITS UNTIL THE PLAYER IS 18.
Check the screenshot below
Get good Training Schedules. You can download three right here:
- 1 game use: FMW_Best_Training_Schedule.fmf
- 2 games use: FMW_Best_Training_2_games
- 2nd week with 1 game use: FMW Best Training Schedule 1 Game, Week 2.fmf
Use these Training Schedules for both First Team and Youth Teams if you manage Youth Teams.
Rest should look like this
Training intensity should be set to automatic on every player
You need good facilities at your club for all of this to work.
At least good on Training Facilities, Youth Facilities & Junior Coaching
Here's a look at Chelsea's facilities below and what you should be striving for
Get the best coaching staff you can and make sure they have low workload and high star rating on Coaches assignments
In PreSeason you want Fitness work on coaching assignments to be at most average as well. So add a few more coaches to fitness work to help out the workload.
And remember these golden rules:
- Players aged 15-17 it's all about training.
- 18+ it's all about games. Getting good match ratings and winning game
- DON'T TRAIN PLAYER TRAITS UNTIL THE PLAYER IS 18.
- Praise and criticise player training & matches
- If you have a player complaining about this training we speak about, you can praise or criticise their training & matches.
- Poor match rating criticise, good match rating praise.
- For match ratings, players aged 18+ Physical attributes develop quickest, then Technical, finally Mental.
You'll need to Login to comment