Mustermann23 - v2.07 OUT NOW!!!
A light skin taking a radical approach to the way Football Manager can be played. Overview pages have been overhauled with a sparse UI, prioritising key information and reducing clutter, whilst the new analytic stats added in this year's edition are given prominence on the player profile to help those who like to take a "Moneyball" approach to their careers.
The skin aims to add a different challenge, and is built around the idea of graphical attributes - with numbers replaced by images to indicate if a player is Excellent, Good, Average or Poor in a specific area. Using the definitions provided in-game, you can change the thresholds for each definition via "Skin Colours" in preferences. There is still a regular numerical attribute version for those not quite ready to make that leap.
- Grouped by training area, attributes are contextualised with the practical areas they impact
- Strong prominence to performance data and statistics, with an easy toggle between Total and Per 90 metrics
- Snapshot buttons on the Home Page, giving you the headline information and deep links to the relevant pages
- Staff profile overhauled, focussing on tactical preferences and the roles they are open to
- Expanded Data Hub Summary & Next Opponent Overview
- "Website-style" design for Club Info, Social Media and News pages
- (High-Res Only) Change your tactics and training schedules from the Home Page
Minimum: 1360x768 (Full Screen Mode, 100% Zoom)
The skin is adaptive, with different layouts for different resolutions, all within the same skin. The design philosophy remains throughout, with a sparse UI prioritising key information and reducing clutter. Sometimes you might need to scroll.
How do I change attribute ranges in Graphical versions?
You will need to edit classes/attribute_bar.xml. Each range is defined as a min_value and max_value. Edit these values to set the range you want, save the file, and reload the skin.
How do I change attribute range colours in Graphical versions?
You will need to edit settings/[skin name] settings.xml. Search for "low attribute" and you will find a list of the colours used for each range. These can be defined by naming a colour that appears earlier in the file (for example, "analyser4" has already been defined) or by adding a rgb value using the following format: rgb(#,#,#). Once set, save the file, and reload the skin.
What do the overlays on the Per 90 Statistics mean?
A sample size of 13,500 players across the Top 20 leagues (by reputation) have been used to identify the following thresholds. High is 90th percentile for the role that excels most in that area, Low is 25th percentile for the role that performs worst in that area.
|GK||xGP/90||Con/90||Pas %||Pr passes/90||Blk/90|
|CD||Pas %||Pr passes/90||Hdrs W/90||Hdr %||Tck/90||Tck R||Int/90||Clr/90||Blk/90||Poss Won/90|
|FB||Pas %||Pr passes/90||Drb/90||Cr C/90||Tck/90||Tck R||Int/90||Clr/90||Sprints/90||Dist/90|
|DM||xA/90||Pas %||Pr passes/90||OPKP/90||Pres A/90||Tck/90||Tck R||Blk/90||Int/90||Blk/90|
|AM||NPxG/90||Shot/90||Shot %||xA/90||Pas %||Pr passes/90||OPKP/90||Drb/90||Pres A/90||Sprints/90|
|W||NPxG/90||Shot/90||Shot %||xA/90||Pas %||OPKP/90||Drb/90||Cr C/90||Pres A/90||Sprints/90|
|ST||NPxG/90||Shot/90||Shot %||xA/90||Pas %||OPKP/90||Drb/90||Hdrs W/90||Hdr %||Sprints/90|
This is represented on a scale from elite down to poor:
Can I change the ranges used for the Per90 overlays?
You can, by editing the stats files in the classes folder. Each stat for each position has it's own file, and follows a simple naming convention: stat_[position group]_[metric name]. Editing these files is the same as for the images for the attribute ranges mentioned above.
Quite a few to mention, and I'm sure there will be some that I've missed. If I've inadvertently used something you believe I haven't credited please let me know!
bluestillidie00 - scouring through the xmls for TCS taught me a lot about how half of this stuff works, as well as his assistance in various skinning queries - check out [FM23][SKIN] WTCS5 by Bluestillidie00 and WorkTheSpace
sebastian_starttrbts - whose work on creating non-numeric attribute skins inspired me to learn myself - check out [FM23][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★]
Tyburn - whose work on creating non-numeric attribute skins inspired me to learn myself - [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.2* (Updated 17th July 21)
_Ben_ - for his wonderful approach to displaying attributes and discussions on skinning - check out [FM23] [WIP] Statman v1.2 - Updated 04.11.2022
Michaeltmurrayuk - for his base skins, and assistance in various skinning queries
wkdsoul - for his assistance in various skinning queries - check out [FM23] - Hodr Skin (Attributeless & Starless)
keysi - for his assistance in various skinning queries
Wozzie - for fixtures and results panels for club overview - check out [FM23][SKIN] #TATO23
Heffem - for training selectors on player profile
Olas Nick - for his assistance with a number of white text issues - check out [FM23] FM Light Skin
Jellico - for his feedback and general assistance with over the last few months - check out his blog, FM Jellico
vonTrips - for his feedback and general assistance with over the last few months - CZECH out translations at fmseries.cz
Each download contains two versions:
- Graphical - colour coded boxes representing Excellent, Good, Average & Awful - the colours and attribute ranges can be adjusted via Preferences -> Skin Colours
- Numerical - standard attributes, numbered 1-20
There are now alternative colour themes available. You will need to copy the settings file for the colour theme you want from Alternative settings file into [skin name]/settings and rename the file to replace the current one. For example, if using Mustermann Numerical, you will rename the file Mustermann Numerical settings
There are no current plans for a Club Colours version.
- Overlay added to Per 90 statistics to indicate elite, good, average and poor performances by position
- Graphical attributes image changed - ranges now indicated by size and colour
- Added more bookmark/shortcut buttons
- Further colour tweaks
- Adjusted Next Opponent Report on Home Page
- Added more bookmark/shortcut buttons
- Added menu to titlebar for switching between screens
- Further colour adjustments for inbox items for dark mode
- Fixed issue with some metrics not being available in squad view
- Fixed issue with knowledge level showing as a percentage instead of text
- Adjusted text and background colours for some news items and league results
- Fixed issue with staff profile not adjusting properly at some resolutions
- Restored some attribute comparison screens in numerical versions
- Rejigged home page, featuring more selectors
- Credits added to start screen
- Fixed issue with tablet analysis selections resetting between games
- Added average rating to player popup panel
- Fixed issue with staff overview not working properly at certain resolutions
- Fixed issue with international appearances on player popup panel overflowing onto line below
- Removed attribute backgrounds on numerical version, and made numbers bold for greater visibility
- Added a dark skin version
- Fixed issue with some logos extending out of frame
- Tutorials now brought in line with colour theme
- Fixed issue with some text unreadable in profile footers
- "Shortlist" button in Scouting Centre no longer white text
- Unknown attributes now show as a different colour to poor attributes
- White text and icons removed from backroom advice summary
v2.02 - HOTFIX
- Fixed issue with touchline tablet analysis showing only your team
- Adjusted size and layout of positions indicator and surrounding information in player profile
- Added missing translations to player profile, fixed broken translations on staff/manager profile
- Reduced intensity of heatmap graphic
- White text fixes in contract negotiations, person information panels, unwanted list and various club confidence/vision pages
- Removed white bullet points
- Added light background to player details for Best Eleven in End of Season summary
- Entire skin redesigned to be adaptive to lower resolutions - most significant redesigns:
- Home Page
- Player Profile & Popup
- Staff/Manager Profile & Popup
- Data Hub Summary & Next Opponent Overview
- Club Vision
- Inclusion of "Hide Inbox List" for lower resolutions
- Reduction of customised text
- Additional white text fixes
If you notice any bugs/issues, please do get in touch, and I will see if they can be resolved. One of the biggest challenges with light skins is identifying all instances of white text and finding a way to either change it, or put an appropriate background behind it. I expect there will be some instances that I've missed, so please let me know!
Similarly, if you have any requests for future features, please let me know, although for full transparency I have no intention of adding any information pertaining to hidden information (CA/PA etc...)
I will add any known issues and requests below, and update with status where possible:
- I've added some custom text to some pages which cannot be translated - none of the text is important (it doesn't provide useful information, just adds to the aesthetic) (no fix)
Additional options for Home Page.
This skin is completely free for personal use, but may not be sold or placed behind a paywall. If you plan on using the skin publicly, or repurposing a unique element for own skin, please provide credit and a link to this post. If, for whatever reason, you are so enamoured with this skin you want to send me a coffee, feel free to donate via PayPal. I would like to stress there is no obligation whatsoever!
You'll need to Login to comment