Mustermann23 - v3.02 OUT NOW!!!
Quite a few to mention, and I'm sure there will be some that I've missed. If I've inadvertently used something you believe I haven't credited please let me know!
bluestillidie00 - scouring through the xmls for TCS taught me a lot about how half of this stuff works, as well as his assistance in various skinning queries, and being an all round sound fella - check out [FM23][SKIN] WTCS5 by Bluestillidie00 and WorkTheSpace
sebastian_starttrbts - whose work on creating non-numeric attribute skins inspired me to learn myself - check out [FM23][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★]
Tyburn - whose work on creating non-numeric attribute skins inspired me to learn myself - [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.2* (Updated 17th July 21)
_Ben_ - for his wonderful approach to displaying attributes and discussions on skinning, as well as allowing links to his career update on the News page - check out [FM23] [WIP] Statman v1.2 - Updated 04.11.2022
Michaeltmurrayuk - for his base skins, and assistance in various skinning queries
wkdsoul - for his assistance in various skinning queries - check out [FM23] - Hodr Skin (Attributeless & Starless)
keysi - for his assistance in various skinning queries
Wozzie - for fixtures and results panels for club overview - check out [FM23][SKIN] #TATO23
Heffem - for training selectors on player profile
Olas Nick - for his assistance with a number of white text issues - check out [FM23] FM Light Skin
Jellico - for his feedback and general assistance with over the last few months - check out his blog, FM Jellico
vonTrips - for his feedback and general assistance with over the last few months - CZECH out translations at fmseries.cz
RDF Tactics - for allowing links to his tactics recreations within the News page - check him out on Twitch
Dan Gear/Cleon Hobson/View From The Touchline - for allowing links to their guides and blogs within the News page - check out ViewFromTheTouchline
FM_Grashopper - for allowing links to Latte Quarterly's FM magazine within the News page - check out the latest edition of Latte Quarterly
Rashidi - for allowing links to his Book of Roles within the News page - check out the Book of Roles
TheFFM - for allowing links to her Spreadsheet page - check out theFFM
13thMan - for allowing links to his career update on the News page - check out Born to Run
SixPointer - for allowing links to his career update on the News page - check out The Ernst Happel Challenge
Snowofman - for general all round help, especially with custom popups!
What on earth is a Pizza Chart?
Based loosely on the Pizza Charts from The Athletic, this is a graph that shows how a player is performing compared to his peers. Using a sample size of in-game FM data over multiple seasons across the Top 20 leagues (13,500 data points), you can now see how your players are performing as a whole and against their peers. Shown as a percentile, in intervals of 5%. This means if a player's bar is half way up, they are performing better than 50% of players in that position group.
N.B. The comparison numbers are static. They are based off the data pulled from multiple saves. This does not adjust dynamically to data within your own save.
What on earth are Archetypes?
Using the same data from the Pizza Chart, archetypes are a quick snapshot of elite players - only assigned to those whose statistical performance is high across a number of areas. Based loosely, once again, on an article from The Athletic. Hover over the icon and it will give an explanation. For example:
"Quarterback" is a midfielder who is regularly involved in possession and excels at progressing the ball and making key passes. This means they have a combination of relatively high passes completed, progressive passes and key passes per 90 minutes compared to other central midfielders.
Staff archetypes are a little simpler, and based purely off attributes. This identify areas where the staff member is elite.
How do I use the alternative colour schemes?
Copy the colour scheme you want into the [skin name]/settings folder. Delete the existing [skin name] settings.xml file, and rename the one you copied over to [skin name] settings.xml. Once done, reload the skin!
How do I change attribute ranges in Graphical versions?
You will need to edit classes/attribute_bar.xml. Each range is defined as a min_value and max_value. Edit these values to set the range you want, save the file, and reload the skin.
How do I change attribute range colours in Graphical versions?
You will need to edit settings/[skin name] settings.xml. Search for "low attribute" and you will find a list of the colours used for each range. These can be defined by naming a colour that appears earlier in the file (for example, "analyser4" has already been defined) or by adding a rgb value using the following format: rgb(#,#,#). Once set, save the file, and reload the skin.
How do I add Instant Result button to the skin?
Take a look at the fabulous guide by @Jellico73 here: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/572658-adding-the-instant-result-buttons-to-a-skin/
- Added new icons for xG to help give more distinction to goals and shots on target
- Added Team & Player Analysis to Matchday tablet, and tablet now appears at half time
- Adjusted colours for player & tactical instructions in tactics screen
- Fixed issue with player and staff popups when scaling is above 100%
- Fixed issue with sidebar when unemployed with icons only
- Fixed issue with graphical attributes appearing for coaches in coach assignment in numerical versions
- Increased thickness of attributes in numerical versions
- Fixed issue with crashing when visiting staff profile for player/coach
- Fixed issue with being unable to change colours via preferences on numerical version
- Introduction of Pizza Chart & Archetypes
- Overhaul of News page to include links to external resources from awesome creators within the FM community
- Reworking of Player & Staff profiles
- Overhaul of Club Info and Club Vision tabs
- Simplification of Home Page
- Added attribute progress graph back to graphical version - no values and floating y axis to keep attributes obscured
- Added selectors to match report
- Added alternative full time panel which moved match report to separate screen
- Fixed issue with dark background for Championship & Bundesliga league table during match intro on light mode
- Fixed Data Hub Polygon/Pie Chart
- Added Match Report
- Added Training to Player Profile
- Removed Pie Charts from Player Profile
- Expanded Pros & Cons on Player Profile
- Added Next Opposition Report to Home for 1360x768
- Corrected instances of old Graphical Attributes in some instances
- Fixed instance of wrong colour for right foot strength
- Adjusted sizing of text elements/widgets on Home page
- Increased scoreboard width in match tablet
- Renamed tabs in match tablet to prevent cutoff at lower resolutions (in English)
- Adjusted background colour for in-match tactical instructions to standout against tablet
- Restored attribute changes graph to numerical dark version
- Incorporation of FM Console matchday tablet
- Fixed issue with staff profile on graphical versions
- Added popup to see staff job history on lower resolutions
- Added attribute page to player profile, with hidden selectors for taking screenshots
- Reinstated reputation rankings to competitions page
- Fixed issue with tab text colour being difficult to read
v2.07 - Huge credit here to @bluestillidie00 for his attribute_bar class and @_Ben_ for his expansion on those ideas
- Overlay added to Per 90 statistics to indicate elite, good, average and poor performances by position
- Graphical attributes image changed - ranges now indicated by size and colour
- Added more bookmark/shortcut buttons
- Further colour tweaks
- Adjusted Next Opponent Report on Home Page
- Added more bookmark/shortcut buttons
- Added menu to titlebar for switching between screens
- Further colour adjustments for inbox items for dark mode
- Fixed issue with some metrics not being available in squad view
- Fixed issue with knowledge level showing as a percentage instead of text
- Adjusted text and background colours for some news items and league results
- Fixed issue with staff profile not adjusting properly at some resolutions
- Restored some attribute comparison screens in numerical versions
- Rejigged home page, featuring more selectors
- Credits added to start screen
- Fixed issue with tablet analysis selections resetting between games
- Added average rating to player popup panel
- Fixed issue with staff overview not working properly at certain resolutions
- Fixed issue with international appearances on player popup panel overflowing onto line below
- Removed attribute backgrounds on numerical version, and made numbers bold for greater visibility
- Added a dark skin version
- Fixed issue with some logos extending out of frame
- Tutorials now brought in line with colour theme
- Fixed issue with some text unreadable in profile footers
- "Shortlist" button in Scouting Centre no longer white text
- Unknown attributes now show as a different colour to poor attributes
- White text and icons removed from backroom advice summary
v2.02 - HOTFIX
- Fixed issue with touchline tablet analysis showing only your team
- Adjusted size and layout of positions indicator and surrounding information in player profile
- Added missing translations to player profile, fixed broken translations on staff/manager profile
- Reduced intensity of heatmap graphic
- White text fixes in contract negotiations, person information panels, unwanted list and various club confidence/vision pages
- Removed white bullet points
- Added light background to player details for Best Eleven in End of Season summary
- Entire skin redesigned to be adaptive to lower resolutions - most significant redesigns:
- Reduction of customised text
- Additional white text fixes
- Assorted white text fixes
- Serious Offence Bans in Competition Rules
- Inbox items: Squad Numbers, Scout Match Report, Season Summaries
- End of Season Accolades & Moments to Remember
- Customised tactics views on match day
- Staff names in Scouting Knowledge Popup & Scouting Priorities
- Trophies on Club History Page
- Image fixes
- Realigned images on news panel
- Added new note icon
- Added wash to background for Manager Timeline
- Changed background colour for finance hints
- Assorted white text fixes
- Axis labels for graphs
- Text and drop down button on subs panel
- Insecure jobs odds for next manager inbox items
- Transfer targets/suggestions table
- Player name when hovering over form bar
- Club Info -> History - Best Eleven
- Adjusted attribute sizes in player profile, to enable 1920x1080 in windowed mode
- Removed white text from DoF panels, club info sub panels, match tactics detailed view and some extra inbox items
- Added translations to polygons
- Added alternative colour themes
- Fixed more colour issues with Transfer Deadline Day
- Fixed colour issues with Transfer Deadline Day
- Added versions for 1440x900 at 85% zoom
- Removed white text for role description in tactics screen when clicking on a player
- Removed white text for players in "Detailed" tactics view during match
- Fixed scaling issues for touchline tablet that caused gap between content and image borders
- "Player Analytics" button now shows at all times in player profile, even before Data Hub is available (will not be able to request analytics until 3 games in, however)
- Fixed issue with Backroom Advice on Player Profile sometimes being locked out for own players after reloading skin
If you notice any bugs/issues, please do get in touch, and I will see if they can be resolved. One of the biggest challenges with light skins is identifying all instances of white text and finding a way to either change it, or put an appropriate background behind it. I expect there will be some instances that I've missed, so please let me know!
Similarly, if you have any requests for future features, please let me know, although for full transparency I have no intention of adding any information pertaining to hidden information (CA/PA etc...)
I will add any known issues and requests below, and update with status where possible:
- I've added custom text to some pages which cannot be translated - this has only been done in areas where there isn't already an appropriate, existing string within the game files (no fix)
This skin is completely free for personal use, but may not be sold or placed behind a paywall. If you plan on using the skin publicly, or repurposing a unique element for own skin, please provide credit and a link to this post. If, for whatever reason, you are so enamoured with this skin you want to send me a coffee, feel free to donate via PayPal. I would like to stress there is no obligation whatsoever!
You'll need to Login to comment
bro that skin is good
but don't like the player guy on the left menu bar
I like the menu bar clean
is there away to delete the player on the menubar and still use the skin ?
You'll need to remove the logo defined in generic/sidebar menu table.xml.
Hello @gimn85 Thanks for your Skin. I will try them.
Here one Screen from the first Things i saw in one of the Menue Parts:
i play in 2560*1440 and with 100 % Zoom.
I have annotated the files should you wish to make changes - the files you are looking for specifically will be panels/player/player overview panel.xml and panels/generic/sidebar menu table.xml.
okay, i get it. Thanks anyway for your work with the slightly different form of representation in the skin
Great skin, is there a way to have the league table set so that the games played etc. is moved closer to the teams-see screenshot. I play on a 32inch monitor and the data is quite a distance away from the team names. I am guessing it is a setting within the panels where to shorten the characters within team names on league tables
This is the way it is set up in the default game - it uses the full width, and the columns appear to be hard set (e.g. everything but the team name is a fixed size, team name then takes up whatever remaining width is available).
You can try putting the attached file into the panels/competition folder. I've set up the table to be 800 pixels wide. It will also centre the table in the frame (which might look a little odd*), but not push it out of view in other places where the league table is used. If you go into the file with a text editor, you can change the width accordingly by changing the bit that says default_width="800".
*this is what it looks like for me on 2560x1440:
That is superb!! Thanks bud!!
in this skin , we can't see our menager and club staff abilities . can you add that to ?
Staff attributes are there:
I will consider adding manager attributes in for a later update.
thanks bro have a good day
Great skin! What I'm missing is the ability to see which stats are important for each role. That is a deal breaker for me. Would absolutely love to use this skin if that would be possible to have.
PS: Also, I noticed that Concentration is missing from the player attributes.
I'm afraid the deal has been broken, as it is not possible to highlight stats in the chosen layout. That said, by being grouped by training category, attributes are now arranged with the other attributes that effect specific areas. If you're looking for a role that is going to be passing a lot (BPD, playmakers, etc…) the Passing group is important. If you're for someone who sits back and reads the game, look to the Positioning group, and so on.
Concentration has been renamed “Focus”. This is so the word fits into the space for certain languages.
Sure, you can get a general opinion about a player by looking at the stats like that. But for example if you want to see if a player of yours would fit better by playing as an Inside Forward (Attack) or a False Nine, which are similar in many aspects, but a bit different on the mental attributes, that would be harder if you don't know the stats you should be looking at. I see this as a perfectly valid use case to have.
There is a workaround though, on the player compare screen the attributes are shown in the old way with attribute highlighting available. Its very inconvenient having to get there every time you want to check which attributes are best for which role. But it can work as a double filter, I first look at the profile page, if everything seems fine I do a deeper dive into the compare screen. I think this is the only thing this skin is missing. Other than that its an amazing skin! Well done!
PS: Yes, I now see that Concentration has been renamed to Focus.
Hey, how am I supposed to see which attributes are required by a specific role?
You don't. Make your own judgements.