Andrew♣
13 years ago
1 year ago
Hello guys, I have always thought that it was unrealistic to start the game with transfer budgets enabled, but at the same time it is not ideal to have to go through the season with a squad that doesn't suit your tactics. I am a man utd fan and the club signed a lot of players over the summer, most of them don't fit into my tactics but I can't get rid of them because they only just joined, so I had the idea to holiday the first season, that way I can get rid of the players that were signed in summer 2015 and adjust the squad to my own likeing. Also if the club you support just hired a new manager it is not realistic for them to immediately sack that guy and give you the job, so holidaying the first season can make the game more realistic, I am wondering if anyone else has had the idea to do this. The only problem is, when I take over in summer 2016 I want all the squads to be the same as they were at the end of the January window in real life. I know I can disable first window budgets but I want to do that for the January window as well, is there any way to do this? The only thing I can think of is to give every club a transfer ban in the editor, is there an easier way to do it that is not as time consuming?
Verrrona
8 years ago
1 year ago
One thing that I've found quite fun in the past is simulating until about Jan/Feb so you can take over a team that's in an interesting position. I remember doing that on CM3 and taking over Kettering Town who were adrift at the bottom of the conference and bringing them to safety. I mean I was using some OP tactic I found on the Dugout but I was like 10 so I think that's allowed.
If you want to save yourself some time, load Iceland as the starting nation and it should start you at the end of January. Think it stops transfers but I've never really looked.
bennytee
17 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
You need to start with a League loaded like Brazil - as well as England - that starts in December, that way if you have the start date as December and "first window transfers" off, in theory the first window should be the January one.
Just holiday until the summer and Bob's your uncle mush.
Andrew♣
13 years ago
1 year ago
You need to start with a League loaded like Brazil - as well as England - that starts in December, that way if you have the start date as December and "first window transfers" off, in theory the first window should be the January one.
Just holiday until the summer and Bob's your uncle mush.

thats a good idea, only one way to find out if it works, i'll give it a try...
bennytee
17 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
thats a good idea, only one way to find out if it works, i'll give it a try...

I think it should, although you won't have any control over any future transfers they set up.
Andrew♣
13 years ago
1 year ago
I think it should, although you won't have any control over any future transfers they set up.

the only thing is, won't it simulate transfers that happen in the summer window, only the january window will be shut?

You'll need to Login to comment