Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 3 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 47451 changes from 191 contributors.
Salemslot333 commented on: Regionalliga Bayern 3D'2019/20 for FM20 Relink! (18/05/20)
motoclub commented on: Career in Belarus
Poe commented on: USA Expansion File
rekooner2 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
rekooner2 added a download: Bastia Teampack
Kavinsky commented on: Argentina - Superliga 3D'2020 for FM20 Relink! (16/05/20)
A new version of our data update was released with 47446 changes from 191 contributors.
Lebohang Mokoena commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
Lebohang Mokoena added a download: Sevilla Missing / Improvements Teampack
Flame89 commented on: USA Expansion File
rabcp commented on: FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.2 Out Now!!!
rabcp commented on: Pre Season Competitions V1.1 Update out now
Mateee commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
A new version of our data update was released with 47396 changes from 191 contributors.
r96Skinner commented on: Earth Trip
Uncle Sam completed a season in their Football Manager career: Uncle Sam FM - Iron Manager FM 20
r96Skinner commented on: Earth Trip
fmilln7 commented on: Pre Season Tournaments
r96Skinner commented on: Earth Trip
A new version of our data update was released with 47354 changes from 191 contributors.
debeli24 commented on: Fantasy kits, FC'12 and PR style
hjs commented on: Megapack Alternative Image thread - NO REQUESTS
debeli commented on: Fantasy kits, FC'12 and PR style
motoclub completed a season in their Football Manager career: Career in Belarus
GfxJG commented on: FM NewGAN Faces V1
A new version of our data update was released with 47316 changes from 191 contributors.
Footygamer added a video: Sunshine On Leyth - S1-E2 Transfer Special! | Football Manager 2020
Maleven Comments
Apologies if this is repetition, but I'm just checking in to report that I've just loaded a save that I created prior to the full release while using the Beta without re-applying the fix as instructed. To my present surprise, all the corrections are still functioning as they were before (correct competition names, correct club names, real-world player in the Germany squads). Nice work.
Just seeking clarification:

If I want to continue a save that I've started using the Beta after the full release, will I be able to restore the corrections to competition and club names and the German (and other?) national teams by simply re-installing the fix as in the first instance?

I ask because, to the best of my recollection, that didn't work in the past.

(Also because, having done a thorough recce of the transfer market and having started to get to grips with the match engine, I'm itching to get going properly!)

Thanks
Please read the first post (and around three-quarters of the other posts in this thread) on why a workaround is needed for club name changes and the very simple steps to put it in place

Hahaha yep, sorry, went back to the first post, followed those steps, re-started, and it's fixed.

Thanks.
Hi,

I re-installed of my own accord and the competition names are now correct, but the club names still aren't. Is there a way around that or will it have to wait until the full release?
Looks fine. Can you remind me what your issue was exactly please? Got a bit lost with all the multi-quoting

No problem. The German national team squad features the real-world players, but the competition names and club names are still incorrect (Premier Division as opposed Premier League, Champions Cup as opposed to Champions League, Real San Sebastian as opposed to Real Sociedad etc.).
If you do the workaround in the first post, yes. If you start a new game after the full game is released and the club name changes editor data file is released, then yes without that proviso.

Can I see the full path where you have placed the file? Doesn't look long enough to me.

Thanks. I think that may be because of the way I took the screenshot.

The full path reads as follows:

This PC > OS (C: ) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Football Manager 2018 > data > database > db > Inc

Hmm, you've basically not installed it correctly. Can I see a screenshot of your lnc folder?

That's not quite exact. I've referred to the club name changes issue above. But what you would need to do when the game is released (and every time SI release a new update/patch) is to apply the files from this download which then removes any new files recreated automatically through the update which remove the effects of this fix

So if I just re-install the (presumably updated) fix as I did in the first instance when the full game is release and each time it's updated, it should enable me to have all the competition and club names/national team squads be corrected again in an existing save, as opposed to only being able to correct everything by starting a new save once the game is released on the 10th?
Also, I've installed the fix in accordance with the instructions, but while the German national team squad has been corrected, none of the club or competition names have. Any idea what might be wrong?
Thanks once again for the fantastic work that goes into this, it's massively appreciated.

One question: is it the case again this year as in previous years that it won't be possible to carry a Beta save over into the full release and still be able to have all the corrections? i.e, if you wanted the correct club/competition etc. names and German national team squads, you'd only be able to do so by beginning a new save after the full release with the updated fix?
@Maleven , I wasn't given permission by the owner to include the British Media and Journalists file in this download, sadly.

Okay, thanks for the reply. Anything to do with our notoriously stringent defamation laws by any chance?
Should I be able to see names of real journalists etc.? Got the file working in my current save (downloaded the fix on the early hours of Saturday) but having done a quick search of the Liverpool Echo and the Guardian I can't see any real world journalists. Everything else is working perfectly as always as far as I can see.
Hi,

Do the data editor or in-game editor offer scope to easily correct club names, three-letter competition names, or journalists etc.? It's either that or wait just over a week to begin my save in earnest otherwise, which is a horrifying thought.

Excellent work on the fixes by the way, download them for each edition of the game and greatly appreciate the work you put in.
Can this work with a save that's already started?
Excellent, thanks.
I'm not the best person to ask regarding Dropbox issues tbh, so I can't really help there.

But all graphics, including this megapack, will work even if applied after starting a new save-game

Excellent, thanks. Sod Dropbox, I'll just repeat the process from scratch the new machine. I've got time to kill, haha.
Okay, I'm now bewildered. I checked the folder, and the actual images aren't there, and that's because they're not there on Dropbox on this machine, even though they're there on Dropbox on the other machine? Any chance anyone could shed any light on why that might be? The folder is there, but it says it empty. Again, this is despite the files appearing there in Dropbox where they are on the original machine.

Just to clarify something if this can't be resolved: if I repeat the download process for the Facepack and logo packs etc. on the new machine, will they work in the existing save?
Hahaha sorry, no, just an blundering idiot who posted his comment twice.

I'll try to get a screenshot now, hang on.

Ta
Hi,

I transferred my save over to my new laptop, and also transferred over the face pack, and put it into the graphics folder etc., and ticked the correct boxes in the preferences menu, but the faces aren't there.

Can anyone help?
Hi,

Can anyone help?
Hi,

Can anyone help?
Once downloaded etc., can the logos work with existing saves?