.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago
Has anyone else had issues with conceding far too many goals from corner kicks?

I'm managing Sutton Utd and I was giving up a few goals back in the Skrill South but my team was good enough in attack to often snatch a win, or be up comfortably already so the importance wasn't as pressing. Now that I'm in the Skrill Premier and the player quality has increased, with my team naturally being weaker, I've already conceded 10 goals in 6 games, with I'd say 4 or so being from corner kicks. Nothing I seem to adjust changes anything and it's concerning given these points are more precious than ever.
Sheriff Skacel
10 years ago
2 months ago
Premium
Get the team focus on defending set pieces, that always does the trick for me. Its a simple thing but does make the world of difference.

Also have a think about your defenders, what's their heading, jumping, marking and positioning stats like? They may not be up to scratch in that department.
Fantastic
13 years ago
1 month ago
Banned
Look mate it's really simple. I have a solution, bear with me hear because it's going to seem silly at first, but I can help. You need big cunts. "Big cunts?" you say. Yes, big cunts. You need big cunts sitting in the middle of the box and they will shit all your corner troubles away.

Just set your filter to this:

http://s30.postimg.org/5cyoh6pbl/Capture.png

And you'll receive results like this:

http://s30.postimg.org/8u0qk5odt/Capture.png

http://s30.postimg.org/goaix1ay9/Capture.png

These are some of the biggest cunts in the game of football. The beauty of a big cunt is after a certain height they become progressively shitter because being a big cunt doesn't lend itself well for a finesse based sport like football. Big cunts lack mobility and their high centre of gravity makes them unwieldy. But give a big cunt a ball to head away and he can do it.

Plus you're managing Sutton who are dog shit so having a load of big cunts protecting your white rectangle shouldn't be a problem because your expectations on player quality are as low as my mum's pants after nine o'clock.

So yeah, want to stop conceding from corners then get a load of big cunts and you should see a vast improvement. If you need any other help let me know.
Crane
14 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago
Get the team focus on defending set pieces, that always does the trick for me. Its a simple thing but does make the world of difference.

Also have a think about your defenders, what's their heading, jumping, marking and positioning stats like? They may not be up to scratch in that department.

I'm playing in Classic Mode, so all I can tinker with is the training to focus on defending and adjust the intensity. Unless there's an option for set pieces I'm not seeing elsewhere. Will see how it goes though.

Naturally, I'm a newly promoted team with limited resources and rely largely on free transfers. I've got a few decent players who are good enough in the air, but they're still not doing the job required and it's actually killing me presently.

Solid advise as usual fanny.

Your big cunt theory is hard to fault.
.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago

Will give this a go now. I've tried a few variations without luck thus far so hopefully this one might be a little more solid.
Sheriff Skacel
10 years ago
2 months ago
Premium

Since when did you manage Everton? Since when was your second name not Crane-bird?

Plagiarism.
Crane
14 years ago
1 week ago
Premium

You'll need to Login to comment