willz121
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
I've got a youngster who I bought from Watford for £3m called Mark Christie (screenshot is at point of arriving at the club):

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/willschoolar/Liverpool%20FM15/Season%204/JAN_Mark%20Christie_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsznhovwpr.png

I'm now a year further along in the save, and he's been out on loan a couple of times to gain first team experience. He's also been given a few games when he has been back at the club, but recently he has been turning down loan moves, and when he is back at Liverpool is constantly missing training.

The last reason was that he was out in town the night before lol so I've basically been trying everything. At first a warning, but then Henderson complained about lack of discipline at the club.

Next time one week fine, Christie complained said the fine was unfair. Third time (the most recent), a two week fine, to which he again complained. The coaches think he's going to be brilliant in the future, so I want to keep him, but is there anything I can do to stop this unruly behavior other than letting him grow out of it?
Poe
17 years ago
53 minutes ago
Maybe try giving him a tutor.

Good tutors should have a professional attitude so hopefully it'll brush off on him.
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
Risk v reward really.

If he's going to be great in 2-3 seasons that's the reward, but will he derail the team so much with his behaviour that performances are that badly effected that you're not around in 2-3 seasons??
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
Get him a tutor with high professionalism. If it's successful he'll act less childish, if it isn't you can just cut your losses.

As for which personalities have high professionalism, the Ultimate Personality Guide is required reading.
willz121
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Thanks for your advice guys; I tried a couple of your suggestions. I couldn't find a tutor for him, as he didn't appear on any of the drop downs, so then decided to try and force the player to train. Changed his workload to heavy and focused on an area he was already improving in, and he seemed to shut up for a bit. Then it came to a League Cup game, and I gave him a start... now that was the worst move I could have made.

It made him happy, but four of his team mates piped up and complained. There was nothing left to do other than appease the squad and release him. I'll have to keep an eye on him to see if he leaves for anywhere and see if he develops. Unfortunately, it's a poor investment from us and he's forced to find a new club on the free transfer market.

Thanks for your comments guys, really appreciate the help!

You'll need to Login to comment