Metiu
11 years ago
10 years ago
Can you delete my profile from this site???? Thank You
Shedender
17 years ago
2 months ago
No. Profiles don’t get deleted iirc. If you don’t want to be here, just don’t log on.
Footygamer
17 years ago
3 hours ago
As Shedender said, we don't "delete" accounts as it causes a massive headache for us, e.g. whose name should we display next to this post? If we put "Deleted User" everywhere it's confusing and ugly.

As it is we save no personal information and you have the power to modify all the comments and content you submit to remove anything you may regret posting, so we see no reason why anyone would want to delete their account
clee
10 years ago
10 years ago
you've not really given a decent answer there, you've just swerved the dam question.

I want my account deleted as well because you have my e-mail address down and I don't want spam mail etc when invariable you will sell our e-mail addresses to get money.

every other site offers the ability to delete accounts and in doing so the persons comments are also deleted thereby minimising the "ugliness" as you put it. by not doing this you are being lazy. so again I ask will you delete my account and its details? it was a mistake to join and I want out.
Crane
14 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
every other site offers the ability to delete accounts

No, every other website doesn't. When they do, they'll still keep your email.

Oh and they didn't swerve the question. He asked and the answer was no.
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
you've not really given a decent answer there, you've just swerved the dam question.

I want my account deleted as well because you have my e-mail address down and I don't want spam mail etc when invariable you will sell our e-mail addresses to get money.

every other site offers the ability to delete accounts and in doing so the persons comments are also deleted thereby minimising the "ugliness" as you put it. by not doing this you are being lazy. so again I ask will you delete my account and its details? it was a mistake to join and I want out.

Change the email address in your profile. Forget the site exists.

Problem solved.
Footygamer
17 years ago
3 hours ago

1) It's a massive headache e.g. imagine what this topic would look like to anyone that finds it, it would make no sense since your posts would be removed. Or we'd have to some how have the posts remain in our database but without a related user account which like I said, is just a headache.

2) We don't sell email addresses and never have done in the nearly 10 years this site has been running.

3) You can edit every aspect of your account and all your posts as well as opt out of receiving emails. If you're talking about being lazy, asking us to spend hours/days/weeks ensuring that our site is coded in a way so as to support this rather than you bothering to remove what little information you've actually given us is the epitome of lazy. It would have probably taken less effort than posting this topic.

4) I'd be grateful if you could remember that this is a non-profit fansite run by an assortment of individuals who enjoy getting involved in their evenings and weekends, not a big company that hires hundreds of employees. I'm not sure why you think you can demand that I should spend my evenings pandering to your requests, when you haven't even given a decent reason. You said I have just avoided the question when infact I answered it directly with reasons. Where as you have avoided giving any reasonable justification for why your profile should be deleted and I honestly cannot think of one (the selling of email addresses doesn't count). I also cannot understand why you think it was such a mistake to register here, just don't visit again, honestly what is the harm?
mons
17 years ago
1 hour ago
Freddie Mercury summed it all up, around 20-odd years ago, when he sang "I want it all, and I want it NOW"...
Poe
17 years ago
2 days ago
Rob how much could I make by selling your e-mail address?
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
I love how defensive people get over their email address.

YOU'RE GOING TO SELL IT AND MAKE MILLIONS!!!!
mons
17 years ago
1 hour ago
Depends who to
Footygamer
17 years ago
3 hours ago
Rob how much could I make by selling your e-mail address?

I have literally no idea, probably not much
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
I'll buy it off you for 10p. That's gotta be a deal.
Abdul Ndam
6 years ago
6 years ago
Hello here , I would like to know if can remove the name of Player inside the site.Or how can edit his information.???? Thanks
mons
17 years ago
1 hour ago
Hello here , I would like to know if can remove the name of Player inside the site.Or how can edit his information.???? Thanks

Who do you mean?
Ludvig Vestberg
5 years ago
5 years ago
I hope you do realise that in accordance to GDPR you have to delete the accounts.

You'll need to Login to comment