Already playing ? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 28 minutes ago
Qvordrup commented on: FM2019 Real Names and German National Team Fix File for FM19 v3.0 [released 01/03/2019]
tv_capper commented on: FM19 Adboard Patch - V1.1 Out Now
tv_capper commented on: FM19 Adboard Patch - V1.1 Out Now
drorin commented on: Troubles woth some team normal logos
drorin added a topic: Troubles woth some team normal logos
A new version of our data update was released with 191840 changes from 623 contributors.
kingrobbo commented on: Stadium issues - how to fix?
rekooner2 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
rekooner2 added a download: Wycombe Wanderers Teampack
kingrobbo commented on: Stadium issues - how to fix?
AtheonX commented on: Stadium issues - how to fix?
gianni1970 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
rekooner2 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
rekooner2 added a download: MIX 22 Mixpack
kingrobbo commented on: Stadium issues - how to fix?
AtheonX commented on: Stadium issues - how to fix?
AtheonX added a topic: Stadium issues - how to fix?
kingrobbo commented on: All leagues gone with a red triangle after applying Live Transfer Update
kingrobbo commented on: Please read before posting
A new version of our data update was released with 191724 changes from 623 contributors.
kingrobbo commented on: Football Manager 17 Data Uptade
A new version of our data update was released with 191570 changes from 622 contributors.
kfoleyfl added a career: Manchester United
Minuy600 completed a season in their Football Manager career: Prepping for FM20: Working our way up
Minuy600 added a career: Prepping for FM20: Working our way up
Footygamer added a video: Total Control - SD Huesca - #1 Introduction! | Football Manager 2019
A new version of our data update was released with 191396 changes from 621 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 191356 changes from 621 contributors.
Madman99 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
VP. completed a season in their Football Manager career: Welcome To Hellgrade - A Red Star Belgrade Career
Sopel Comments
You can always cut it and use it in you MP mate

Yeah, I know, I'm just assuming there are people like me who would rather have 21 yo players look up to their age, not being forever stuck at 15 yo Also, we are talking here about seriously low league players so I guess not many people really care if their faces are 250 px high quality, rules should be obeyed to with a dose of sensible thinking, just because someone took a HQ picture at the age of 14 it doesn't mean it automatically beats a photo of the same person at the age of 21 at lower, yet acceptable quality. But I guess rules are the rules, you're the one who makes the call so this piece of mind is all I can do here
Angle is awful,light the same,and 180x cut to replace 250x HQ cut (even older) is simply not an improvement mate,and that's final.

Angle and lighting are nothing that cannot be fixed with a little effort Anyways it seems I won't get past you this way I guess I will cut it myself and try to sneak it in a different way
They are too dark and too small,same as previous.

180 px in height without any stretching and the darkness can be adjusted so it's not really a big deal. Also, the current photo is like 6 years old at this point, come on.
Source as this is not even close to be an improvement on the current.

I disagree, it would fit 180x180 just perfectly. Besides, the current photo is quite old.

I accidentally clicked on "I'm working on it" and reopened the request, sorry (BTW, that shouldn't happen, right?)
Not an improvement, in my opinion
@Hasjasja please, next time have mercy with requests like this, provide some decent photo
@t.marinov it was a very good attempt! All you had to do was to just raise the collar in paint or other program of your choosing (f.e. I personally do the collar on the original photo, it's easier) Keep trying!
Oh, I completely understand - believe you me. For example, I wish I had a spare day or two to cut all the lovely pending requests we have, sad as that may appear!

When the site is redesigned, I'm giving some serious thought to not allowing teampack and mixpack requests as they're too time-consuming for cutters to take on and cutters end up, as in your case, putting them off until they end up forgetting all about them. It's much easier for cutters to find the time to cut a handful of pending individual requests at a time of their choosing, rather than taking on a bigger pack

From my part the priorities look something like this - normal, singular requests are more important because a) most of them are easy and b) you're minimizing the size/rate of another mixpacks. Singular is the moving traffic, packs are the clog that isn't moving anywhere so they can be finished anytime. The only problem with that is how long the packs sit there - if someone would like to cut out a request from 2016 it's most likely already is obsolete.
I'm excited about the redesign I still think that a system in which while uploading a pack you'd have to simply choose ID of the faces inside or even better - link each photo to the ID. Then if someone makes another request with that ID it would be one of these options a) redirect to the already requested pack b) when the individual would be cut a photo from the pack would be automatically removed c) the new upload would be added to the pack as another version for that ID
It would be a self-controlling system, cutting down on the redundant requests. Or (came to me while writing) a system in which you upload a pack and link them to their ID, but every singular photo creates its own request - a pack is - in theory - being completed by various cutters, but is eventually completed and the photos are always up to date. Also, since the requests are tied to the ID a possibility to filter based on nationality/league would be probably useful for cutters who are mostly cutting faces from their own league/country (understandably )
And is this someday any close to arriving?

Kidding apart, I would imagine that at least some of the images have been cut elsewhere by now, so do check if they're still needed before cutting them

Well, you got me, I misjudged my time again and what's more, I completely forgot about it, I'm going to unassign myself now
Real life is piling up, I've learned my lesson to not go all gung-ho on the requests so now I don't take any and just upload them when I finish them, I hope this is the last time you have to remind me, sorry mons

@maquino I hope this will be good enough
If anything I think this photo is actually older than the current one (I think it's from the days he was playing in Piast Gliwice)
Here's modern photo from Palermo but I can't find a bigger resolutiion.

Like I said earlier, without knowing what files you have downloaded, there's no way I can tell exactly what is the cause. It could also possibly be caused by a remnant of the other real name fix you mention and which maybe you inadvertently omitted to delete. All I can say with 100% certainty is that it's not caused by this download.

I searched around and yep, you were right - the file that caused my problem was FMInside's Update, in case you'd have someone with a similar problem to mine, thank you for your help!
It will probably be an editor data file, possibly adding some Dutch competitions and in which the file creator made some additional changes.

Hmm, so claassen's then? I don't have any other files that touch upon Dutch or Northern Ireland leagues. And the polish leagues are made by a polish creator so I don't see any reason as for why would he change that.
Well, anyways, maybe there is some pesky file left by some dutch creator, who knows, thanks for the help anyway
I'm afraid they don't have anything to do with this file. Neither the text "Noord-Ierland" nor "Groep" are included in the competition name change file.

It could possibly be related to any other editor data files you may have downloaded who has made the changes you refer to, but without seeing what you have, it's difficult to tell.

Hmm, and what types of files could cause this? Before my current save I had different fix that didn't cause such problems but I carefully removed it and installed yours following every step. Where should I look, in .lnc files?
Hi after starting the game I came across some weird name changes that seem to be... in Dutch? Most notably "Northern Ireland" in my game is "Noord-Ierland". Also, 4th level competitions in Poland are named "III liga Groep #" - 'Groep' instead of 'Grupa".
Is this in any way connected to this file or should I look elsewhere?
@mons Oh wow, this is actually great. Admittedly, it's not better than some fine work of some cutters out here, but it's still remarkable. It struggles a bit with dark hair (except dreadlocks as these are always simple, imo) and of course in dark/grainy pics but for the general use of some one-off, decent quality pics it may be truly a gamechanger - whilst taking literally seconds it keeps the details and notices the single hair strands. Thanks for sharing!
Yes, it's great

Maybe this would be best? If you want to cut it of course.

Eh, yeah, that source would be a tiny bit better but I won't cut it. The general lighting on the picture is bad and the cut won't be ideal anyway. I'd let it stay like this for now, maybe in the future there will be a better picture of the player
It's way too small to be a decent cut, but as it's missing I will let it be.

@gs1728 Could you try to find a larger source?

Is this decent enough?
Hey @mons, could you re-open the request for a quick moment? Since nobody took it I took matters into my hands and cut it, I want to upload it
Look at the comment above. I fixed the lighting on your cut. I'll let you upload it so that you get the credit for the cut

You should upload it, I don't think credits on such things are important, but also I insist that you should upload it as your version is the definitive one
@mons @krissmed

Why was it set again to "waiting", what was wrong with my cut?
I would tend to agree. Knowing the way @diogoamaral works, there probably isn't a more recent image available though...

But does that mean it should get a pass though? If there is no good pic then it should not be included - the guy is literally a kid on this pic, not even 16, probably not even 12.
I don't know about you, but for me, it would a bit odd/creepy/inappropriate? to include a cut-out like this in the pack, it's not like it's urgent to create a cut at all costs from whatever source that fits the resolution.
@mons I think this picture is way too old to be representative in any way...
@mons @Sopel since we have this HQ source maybe we should consider him as an future improvement.

When I was creating this the photo you posted was different, I went with the originally requested one because it had better lighting and was easier for me to cut
As for me, I think the cut turned out quite alright, up to you guys if you want to rework it.
Maybe since my post has been singled out I'll post my idea for the solution - the "no packs" way.

In the current system the request the process goes like this:
Someone makes a request, the request goes uncut, @mons moderates the request after ~a month, does a round-up and creates a mixpack, requester can post another request

What I've been proposing:
Someone makes a request, the "timer" for the request starts, the request goes uncut, ~a month passes, "timer" stops, the request stays on the list, requester can post another request

What it accomplishes is a situation in which the mixpack section is for the teampacks, etc, not a burial ground for many.
The request list gets longer, but is more accessible and it becomes easier to asses what's in there (due to the preview option).
Because - from my experience - some very easy cuts just escape me, I wasn't around when they were posted and could easily get them done. But they have been already moderated and I won't take on the whole pack and get them done. Sure, I could just take one picture and when I'm done just leave the comment on the mixpack "X has been cut", that's an option. But that just shows that the nature of mixpacks is flawed - some cuts have been already requested again an cut, the numbers of files are misleading, there may have been better sources since when the pack was uploaded etc.

My solution came with other ideas that would improve the whole request process f.e. a new, duplicate request instead of creating another page could just add the new photo to the original request; duplicate requests from unique requesters would give the request a "bump" or a "like" as a sign of popular demand; a mandatory need for every photo in the teampack to be assigned to a ID from the database, which would allow a control on the contents of the teampack and singular requests.

More can be read in the original discussion, I just wanted to showcase my idea for this in a less rambling manner

I forgot to add to the previous message - expect those two packs to be done in July when I'll be able to allocate some time into them

As for our discussion:
The round-up mixpack solution isn't that close to what I'm suggesting - I mean, it works on similar rules but the execution is different. /
What we have now: someone makes a request, the request goes uncut, you moderate the request after ~a month, do a round-up and create a mixpack, requester can post another request
What I've been thinking: someone makes a request, the "timer" for the request starts, the request goes uncut, ~a month passes, "timer" stops, the request stays on the list, requester can post another request

That way cutters can choose what they want to cut, when they want to cut, they decide the quantity of the cuts, the whole process becomes less of a chore. Think of it this way - someone who wants to do a missing/improvement mixpack wants to take on a pack 20 pictures - various variety, quality, size, etc. That may be off-putting, that may be discouraging. In this solution, someone who wants to make 20 cut-outs can filter the list, find images that suit them and create the ones that will be the easiest for them and possibly providing the best quality that they can give. It's basically a choice between working with what you get vs cherry picking what do you want to work with.
Because - from my experience - some very easy cuts just escape me, I wasn't around when they were posted and could easily get them done. But they have been already moderated and I won't take on the whole pack and get them done. Sure, I could just take one picture and when I'm done just leave the comment on the mixpack "X has been cut", that's an option. But that just shows that the nature of mixpacks is flawed - even on this very mixpack! Some are cut, the numbers of files are misleading, etc.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention - although it would be a bigger chore put on the requesters, but if every mixpack could at least contain the info of the IDs of the players.
It would come hand-in-hand with my previous suggestion - someone uploads a teampack, is asked to assign an ID/Surname to the img file (just like in the request form) when all is set and done they can upload the teampack. Later someone else wants to make a request for a player that is in the said teampack - the request isn't made, the person is directed to the teampack where they can "bump" the request or write a comment. This would also help in catching the unnecessary duplicates but I know that it would put a bit more emphasis on the requesters (which can be dealt with, many of those packs are already named as the game ID's, a simple "Filename is ID" option would solve many problems"

As for the cutters - you misunderstood me, I love the fact that people like marrtac or maxtod77 or others are doing - they ware working - I'd call that - in a preventive manner, they create cuts before anyone considers requesting them I also have no hard feelings towards people who work only on the major teams - most people will probably only ever see those cuts, so they obviously need to be of the best quality and updated annually or even more often, I get that. And I'm not about forcing anyone to cut anything - this is a hobby, no one is getting paid for this and everyone has their time limits
I'm only saying that the piling mixpacks are discouraging for everyone - from seasoned cutters to those who start. The cuts just come and go, it's kinda sad when you know that the source is good, on solid, light background and it would just take a few minutes for someone with Photoshop to cut it - but it will just pass and wait in the limbo the mixpack category is. If it was available at all times maybe someone with the right skills and a few minutes to kill would simply pick it up and create it, just like that - 1, even tiniest cut a day is better than 20 once a year or so Sorry if I sounded salty in the previous message - my intent was to say that it's a community effort and those work better when everyone can give even the tiniest contribution then when it's all on the shoulders of "those who can cut" who either have to create their works regularly or in heaps.

As for the ID's - I know that they are in the URL but I'm asking if they could be visible on the player infor tab and in the team info tab, for a quick acces to them.
Maybe I'll explain where I come from with this - when I find a player without a cutout (news, game, browsing the database) I ofc put his name into the google search and find a photo. But when I want to save the photo I like to save it with the ID, especially when the name/nickname/surname is common. But in order to get to the ID I need to search for the player in the database, find him, open a new tab with his profile and copy the ID from the URL. Or other - if I'm saving the whole team I have to click on the profile of every single player in order to get their ID from the URL. That all just unnecessary clicks that could be solved just by adding a one new column in the search database or in the team page or in the player's page - ID. That's all - small thing but a very big quality of life change
You'd be surprised

Joking apart, the point of the being made system is for cutters to signify their intent to cut a request. Ideally any requests are cut in a reasonable timeframe so it defeats the purpose somewhat if it's in the WIP for months on end

Well, the system is flawed anyway as those packs clutter the list anyway. - I took those two mixpacks as I knew they are in my skill capability range so it matters to me that it's left untouched and so I can work on it later.
Packs in general are flawed - every cutter has some set of skills and whatnot and every cutter chooses what he can do - some don't want to work around shitty quality and work only with HQ, some specialise in shitty quality as it hides their imperfect skills (hey, that's me), some take only the easy ones and some cut only the bald ones. Someone - if willing - will eventually find something that suits them, but these packs imo besides clearing the log (in a illusive way) only discourage people as if you take the whole pack you have to deal with stuff you're not a fan of. Also, it's just painful to wade through this all - there are many images that I could simply do in less than 5 minutes but I won't take the whole pack for it. My solution would be to stop bundling the pictures and just set a "timer" for requests - someone makes a request, the timer starts, it stays uncut, after the time passes (month or so) the timer stops, the requester has an option to make another request. Yes, it clutters the log, but honestly who really cares, I doubt that anyone besides the cutters shift through them anyway. What it does is freeing the images so they can be cut at any moment, by anyone willing, due to your request system based on the database the duplicate request shouldn't be possible (if possible - a new duplicate request instead of creating a one or giving an error could just add the new photo to the original request; duplicate requests from unique requesters would give the request a "bump" or a "like" and that would be signified so it would be known that more than one person wants it cut) I think that my solution, - while making a bigger mess - opens up the request list and possibly makes the workflow a bit better when anyone can simply pick one photo they can do - one is better than none.
But it all comes to us, the community in the end - I spend a lot of time in the requests section and I see that most of the time people are rather concentrated on their own projects and no one really wants to answer people's requests

Also, if I'm rambling about suggestions - could it be possible to display player/clubs/nations ID in every place possible? (f.e. player's ID's in the club panel, in the player's panel) That would be helpful a few times, especially while working with the database.
Also - could staff and players be merged into one section "People" ?

Ahh, it all came out longer than I thought, sorry for rambling, it just has been on my mind for a long time
@Sopel, are you still working on this pack please?

Yes, someday it will be done - it's not like people are fighting over this, right?