krissmed - Comments

#697795 New site issues
By Footygamer 09 August 2022 - 11:36 AM UTC

Those three links are fine as dropdowns, it's pretty common practice.

The alt tags would help a little but not really, especially where we don't care about the images being in google image search.

Accessibility, I don't worry too much about screen readers etc since FM isn't accessible itself.

That's not to say it's not important, but in terms of priorities it's pretty low for me.

Fair enough

#697794 New site issues
34,083

@Footygamer The images for the kits in the newsletter are wrong.

#697790 New site issues
By Footygamer 09 August 2022 - 10:24 AM UTC

Also what SEO issues are you seeing in lighthouse? I'm not seeing alot…

It's the crawlable links, as well as not having alt on some images on the page. The missing alt is also an issue for accessibility

#697789 New site issues
34,083

Just curious, why do you use png for all images on the page? Why not use webp or jpg? From what I could gather, those are much better to use on the web (source).

Edit: Nevermind, I see now that after you have integrated bunny, most images has been converted to webp.

#697768 New site issues
34,083

Those 10 kb saved obviously wouldn't have any significant impact for individual users, but those are likely downloaded millions of times a month, which does turn into a couple of gigabytes combined.

That said, I still think you should look into the accessibility and SEO issues mentioned in the lighthouse report.

#697758 New site issues
By Footygamer 08 August 2022 - 12:09 PM UTC

25x18 is the size the game uses and we just use those images. I don't think there's a massive reason to resize again for 18x18 for the site, but it could be done.

For the files listed in assets/graphic_styles these have been compressed manually using https://tinypng.com/ . The uncompressed versions are actually saved in a directory lower called “un compressed” if you want to compare yourself.

Here is SS Kits 200kb vs 14kb:

If you run it through again, it becomes 10kb, although i'm not particularly keen on recompressing compressed images.

I can't tell what your screenshot is showing other than the images are listed, it's not recommending a better size is it?

It's on the todo list to look into https://bunny.net/ however I tried to migrate all images and resizing to cloudflare images in November but it was less flexible and more expensive than I thought and I imagine bunny could be similar but it's hard to estimate beforehand.

Right now the cost is almost zero to us since Cloudflare cache the images, it can escalate to 4 figures per month with some of these tools and CDNs.

Resizing ourselves is something we already for for thumbnails, but not for all the icons and with multi sizes and responsive srcset due a mix of time and effort and disk space.

So yes it's something i've looked into and am aware of but not necessarily something i'm prioritising 😀

My bad, I thought that the icon was 1x1 like the larger cutouts/logos.

On the front page, as well as the downloads menu, I see that you used 180x180 images and resized them to 50x50, so those could be downsized serverside and save some bandwidth, right?

I'm only saying this in case you didn't know and wanted to save some bandwidth and in turn, save some money. If you don't think it's something worth prioritizing, that's your call 👍

#697645 New site issues
34,083

@Footygamer I might be nitpicking here, but some PNGs on the site can be optimized.

• Player faces and logos can be trimmed down from 25x18 to 18x18.
  • On the front page, the graphics png can be trimmed down as well, possibly also resized.

Also, using the lighthouse extension I get some accessibility and SEO issues as well. I don't know how difficult to resolve them, so it's up to you whether they're worth the hassle.

#697635 No Stars + attributes Skin
34,083

I don't have much experience with skin-making, so I don't think I'm the right person to ask. I know that you previously could take a panel from one skin and copy/paste it to another, although, I don't know if that works between different versions.

Besides, as @Footygamer said, I don't know how difficult this would be, so by the time I finish this, we could already be closing in on FM23.

#697238 Thiago Ceijas
#697202 Summer 2022 Photoshoots Research
By Footygamer 04 August 2022 - 11:20 AM UTC

Is there possibly a better way of doing this? Maybe the ability to give an entire status to clubs and leagues and logs of what date it was checked.

Only just save this thread for the first time 🙂

I know that some teams/leagues/nations use standardized website layouts (like here: Rosenborg, Lillestrøm, Stabæk). It's possible to see whenever a site like this is updated with new images and give a notification whenever new photos are uploaded.

I see that this is already possible with paid service

#697069 Johann Kosberg
34,083

@Rob2312 It's usually best to transfer to the first team when the second team doesn't have players.

I don't know if transferring to second teams messes stuff up in-game, but at least it's listed better on the site.

#696601 Sortitoutsi design suggestions
#696473 Sortitoutsi design suggestions
34,083

@Footygamer @wfm18 I started making a prototype for mobile format here. Let me know what you think.

#696269 Sortitoutsi design suggestions
34,083

@Footygamer Could you make a changelog for the pages that have been updated (or created) from now on? It would help a lot with keeping the design up to date with the website. You don't need to say exactly what has changed, but just to let us know that a site has changed.

#696265 Sortitoutsi design suggestions
34,083

Anyone  who wants to help design the Sortitoutsi with design suggestions can make an account at Figma.com and either make a post here or send me a message about being part of the Sortitoutsi Figma team.

@Footygamer @wfm18 I need you guys' email to make you admins at Figma, so please message me that and I'll add you 👍

#696086 Sortitoutsi design suggestions
34,083

This is a thread for discussing design propositions for the page. Any non-design-related issues can be posted here

Anyone who wants to help design the Sortitoutsi with design suggestions can make an account at Figma.com and either make a post here or send me a message about being part of the Sortitoutsi Figma team.

#695868 New site issues
#695267 Luca Chatelain
By BramNUFC 21 July 2022 - 16:04 PM UTC

@krissmed Are you still working on these? The older packs are being picked up pretty well now, so maybe someone else will do them if you don't have the time 👍

I didn't get around to doing it before I went on vacation. I'll do them when I get back home 👍

#693455 New requests system for Kits and Logos
By DCarozzi87 06 July 2022 - 16:33 PM UTC

I think the new plan for kits will work really well, my only concern would be what we see this time of the year with everyone requesting kits` uploading source images of unconfirmed kits so if the staff had the ability to moderate the kits before they are posted as a source image I think it will work well, apologies if this is already in the plans or if I missed it in the opening post.

Looking forward to the changes

I don't know how it works for kits, but for the cutouts, we get a huge amount of requests when a new game is released and wrong/bad requests have never been a big issue. If it turns out to be an issue, a system that locks teams that already has a valid request or a simple upvote/downvote could solve, or at least mitigate, the issue. Just my two cents 🙂

Tagging @Footygamer for visibility.

Edit: As footygamer describes in the first post, we should be able to set up a scraper that gets kits from external sites (e.g this), and teams would get their source images from there. So someone has already done the moderation for us

#691581 New requests system for Kits and Logos
34,083

Very nice @Footygamer! Is there a way for mods to moderate the kits? I found some listed under the wrong team (2013 & 2014 here)

And what websites do you have in mind? I could make something this week if it's not too difficult

#690847 Joakim Solem
By weeniehutjr 15 June 2022 - 13:21 PM UTC

@krissmed Are you sure this the correct person?

edit: The one in the most recent image is Joachim Knutset Solem, I believe this UID should be for Joakim Danielsen Solem

Joachim Knutset Solem is in the database here https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/browse/1/803135/timeline

Yes, that's right. Should be corrected now👍

#690110 No-ID Topic - NO REQUESTS
Adam Nsiri
Erik Kristiansen
Kristijan Coric
Martin Bakken

All from Lyn 1896 (ID=1344)

#689288 Elia Coppens
By mons 29 May 2022 - 11:27 AM UTC

These are all great sources you've been uploading over the past weeks @krissmed but perhaps it's now time you consider cutting at least a few of them. As one of the best cutters around, it's a pity you've got over 900 pending requests, the vast majority of which are quite straight-forward to cut and it's a pity that they'll inevitably take a long while to be cleared from the backlog. Or at least consider cropping them before uploading them, to make the life of whoever wants to take them on a bit easier.

I've given myself a hell of a job 😅

I did some cuts yesterday and I intend on doing even more in the next couple days/weeks 👍

#688900 Tutorials and guidelines for cutters
By BramNUFC 24 May 2022 - 15:41 PM UTC

I made a simple actions file for photopea as well, but don't think I've shared it before. You open it just like you would with an image, if it doesn't show up then, you need to click on ‘Window > actions'.

It will look like this, and you can just click on the play button to apply something 👍

Added to OP👍

#687596 🏆 Trophies Request and Download Thread
#684623 Jørgen Kili Fjeldskår
By Footygamer 07 April 2022 - 19:52 PM UTC

So SI changed his ID?

In theory it could be added for anyone playing the older versions of the game.

Aren't these pages based on the FM 22 DB? Shouldn't all players that aren't on the team in FM22 be removed? I just thought it was a bug with how the team cutout pages are displayed.

Same here with Kasper Junker

#684379 Jørgen Kili Fjeldskår
34,083

@Footygamer For some reason this guy shows up on the cutout team page, even though the player was replaced from FM20 to FM21 with this guy

Edit: Is there any reason to add a cut to this player when he's not in the last two games? Maybe @mons can answer

#684324 David Hickson

@mons Add the latest cut to the MP👍

#684321 Niklas Ødegård
By mons 07 April 2022 - 05:51 AM UTC

I suspect it's just a display issue on the website, rather than in the megapack itself, right?

@krissmed

I'm sure it doesn't affect people who download the update packs, as it would overwrite the original file. I'm not so sure when the complete pack is downloaded😕 I can test and see which one is in there later today.

This is at least a problem when trying to compare new requests against the current cut because the team cutout page displayed the oldest one.

#684230 Niklas Ødegård