Mustermann23 - v2.11 OUT NOW!!!
How do I change attribute ranges in Graphical versions?
You will need to edit classes/attribute_bar.xml. Each range is defined as a min_value and max_value. Edit these values to set the range you want, save the file, and reload the skin.
How do I change attribute range colours in Graphical versions?
You will need to edit settings/[skin name] settings.xml. Search for "low attribute" and you will find a list of the colours used for each range. These can be defined by naming a colour that appears earlier in the file (for example, "analyser4" has already been defined) or by adding a rgb value using the following format: rgb(#,#,#). Once set, save the file, and reload the skin.
How do I add Instant Result button to the skin?
Take a look at the fabulous guide by @Jellico73 here.
What do the overlays on the Per 90 Statistics mean?
A sample size of 13,500 players across the Top 20 leagues (by reputation) have been used to identify the following thresholds. High is 90th percentile for the role that excels most in that area, Low is 25th percentile for the role that performs worst in that area.
|GK||xGP/90||Con/90||Pas %||Pr passes/90||Blk/90|
|CD||Pas %||Pr passes/90||Hdrs W/90||Hdr %||Tck/90||Tck R||Int/90||Clr/90||Blk/90||Poss Won/90|
|FB||Pas %||Pr passes/90||Drb/90||Cr C/90||Tck/90||Tck R||Int/90||Clr/90||Sprints/90||Dist/90|
|DM||xA/90||Pas %||Pr passes/90||OPKP/90||Pres A/90||Tck/90||Tck R||Blk/90||Int/90||Blk/90|
|AM||NPxG/90||Shot/90||Shot %||xA/90||Pas %||Pr passes/90||OPKP/90||Drb/90||Pres A/90||Sprints/90|
|W||NPxG/90||Shot/90||Shot %||xA/90||Pas %||OPKP/90||Drb/90||Cr C/90||Pres A/90||Sprints/90|
|ST||NPxG/90||Shot/90||Shot %||xA/90||Pas %||OPKP/90||Drb/90||Hdrs W/90||Hdr %||Sprints/90|
This is represented on a scale from elite down to poor:
Can I change the ranges used for the Per90 overlays?
You can, by editing the stats files in the classes folder. Each stat for each position has it's own file, and follows a simple naming convention: stat_[position group]_[metric name]. Editing these files is the same as for the images for the attribute ranges mentioned above.
Quite a few to mention, and I'm sure there will be some that I've missed. If I've inadvertently used something you believe I haven't credited please let me know!
bluestillidie00 - scouring through the xmls for TCS taught me a lot about how half of this stuff works, as well as his assistance in various skinning queries - check out [FM23][SKIN] WTCS5 by Bluestillidie00 and WorkTheSpace
sebastian_starttrbts - whose work on creating non-numeric attribute skins inspired me to learn myself - check out [FM23][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★]
Tyburn - whose work on creating non-numeric attribute skins inspired me to learn myself - [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.2* (Updated 17th July 21)
_Ben_ - for his wonderful approach to displaying attributes and discussions on skinning - check out [FM23] [WIP] Statman v1.2 - Updated 04.11.2022
Michaeltmurrayuk - for his base skins, and assistance in various skinning queries
wkdsoul - for his assistance in various skinning queries - check out [FM23] - Hodr Skin (Attributeless & Starless)
keysi - for his assistance in various skinning queries
Wozzie - for fixtures and results panels for club overview - check out [FM23][SKIN] #TATO23
Heffem - for training selectors on player profile
Olas Nick - for his assistance with a number of white text issues - check out [FM23] FM Light Skin
Jellico - for his feedback and general assistance with over the last few months - check out his blog, FM Jellico
vonTrips - for his feedback and general assistance with over the last few months - CZECH out translations at fmseries.cz
Each download contains two versions:
- Graphical - colour coded boxes representing Excellent, Good, Average & Awful - the colours and attribute ranges can be adjusted via Preferences -> Skin Colours
- Numerical - standard attributes, numbered 1-20
There are now alternative colour themes available. You will need to copy the settings file for the colour theme you want from Alternative settings file into [skin name]/settings and rename the file to replace the current one. For example, if using Mustermann Numerical, you will rename the file Mustermann Numerical settings
There are no current plans for a Club Colours version.
- Added attribute progress graph back to graphical version - no values and floating y axis to keep attributes obscured
- Added selectors to match report
- Added alternative full time panel which moved match report to separate screen
- Fixed issue with dark background for Championship & Bundesliga league table during match intro on light mode
- Fixed Data Hub Polygon/Pie Chart
- Added Match Report
- Added Training to Player Profile
- Removed Pie Charts from Player Profile
- Expanded Pros & Cons on Player Profile
- Added Next Opposition Report to Home for 1360x768
- Corrected instances of old Graphical Attributes in some instances
- Fixed instance of wrong colour for right foot strength
- Adjusted sizing of text elements/widgets on Home page
- Increased scoreboard width in match tablet
- Renamed tabs in match tablet to prevent cutoff at lower resolutions (in English)
- Adjusted background colour for in-match tactical instructions to standout against tablet
- Restored attribute changes graph to numerical dark version
- Incorporation of FM Console matchday tablet
- Fixed issue with staff profile on graphical versions
- Added popup to see staff job history on lower resolutions
- Added attribute page to player profile, with hidden selectors for taking screenshots
- Reinstated reputation rankings to competitions page
- Fixed issue with tab text colour being difficult to read
v2.07 - Huge credit here to @bluestillidie00 for his attribute_bar class and @_Ben_ for his expansion on those ideas
- Overlay added to Per 90 statistics to indicate elite, good, average and poor performances by position
- Graphical attributes image changed - ranges now indicated by size and colour
- Added more bookmark/shortcut buttons
- Further colour tweaks
- Adjusted Next Opponent Report on Home Page
- Added more bookmark/shortcut buttons
- Added menu to titlebar for switching between screens
- Further colour adjustments for inbox items for dark mode
- Fixed issue with some metrics not being available in squad view
- Fixed issue with knowledge level showing as a percentage instead of text
- Adjusted text and background colours for some news items and league results
- Fixed issue with staff profile not adjusting properly at some resolutions
- Restored some attribute comparison screens in numerical versions
- Rejigged home page, featuring more selectors
- Credits added to start screen
- Fixed issue with tablet analysis selections resetting between games
- Added average rating to player popup panel
- Fixed issue with staff overview not working properly at certain resolutions
- Fixed issue with international appearances on player popup panel overflowing onto line below
- Removed attribute backgrounds on numerical version, and made numbers bold for greater visibility
- Added a dark skin version
- Fixed issue with some logos extending out of frame
- Tutorials now brought in line with colour theme
- Fixed issue with some text unreadable in profile footers
- "Shortlist" button in Scouting Centre no longer white text
- Unknown attributes now show as a different colour to poor attributes
- White text and icons removed from backroom advice summary
v2.02 - HOTFIX
- Fixed issue with touchline tablet analysis showing only your team
- Adjusted size and layout of positions indicator and surrounding information in player profile
- Added missing translations to player profile, fixed broken translations on staff/manager profile
- Reduced intensity of heatmap graphic
- White text fixes in contract negotiations, person information panels, unwanted list and various club confidence/vision pages
- Removed white bullet points
- Added light background to player details for Best Eleven in End of Season summary
- Entire skin redesigned to be adaptive to lower resolutions - most significant redesigns:
- Home Page
- Player Profile & Popup
- Staff/Manager Profile & Popup
- Data Hub Summary & Next Opponent Overview
- Club Vision
- Inclusion of "Hide Inbox List" for lower resolutions
- Reduction of customised text
- Additional white text fixes
If you notice any bugs/issues, please do get in touch, and I will see if they can be resolved. One of the biggest challenges with light skins is identifying all instances of white text and finding a way to either change it, or put an appropriate background behind it. I expect there will be some instances that I've missed, so please let me know!
Similarly, if you have any requests for future features, please let me know, although for full transparency I have no intention of adding any information pertaining to hidden information (CA/PA etc...)
I will add any known issues and requests below, and update with status where possible:
- I've added some custom text to some pages which cannot be translated - none of the text is important (it doesn't provide useful information, just adds to the aesthetic) (no fix)
This skin is completely free for personal use, but may not be sold or placed behind a paywall. If you plan on using the skin publicly, or repurposing a unique element for own skin, please provide credit and a link to this post. If, for whatever reason, you are so enamoured with this skin you want to send me a coffee, feel free to donate via PayPal. I would like to stress there is no obligation whatsoever!
You'll need to Login to comment
Major update released - the skin now supports lower resolutions from 1360x768 up (100% Zoom, Full Screen Mode).
i like the layout just not a fan of the white backgrounds
Awersome skin, can you make a dark version pleeeeeeaaase ?)
@symbyoz - I'm afraid there are no plans for a dark skin (or a club colours version, either). Unfortunately it's not as simple as just swapping some colours around.
Nolann ( Nolann )
Hello, can we use a background to use backgrounds with this skin?
Unfortunately not without great difficulty. There are quite a few pages where the background colour had to be defined and so these would hide any background image you would set.
In your photo with Alphonso Davis the stats are displayed in different colours, howd you do that? all the colours are the same when i download, also changing attribute colours in preferences seems to have no impact?
An unintended consequence of "Unknown attributes now show as a different colour to poor attributes". I'll review if this needs to be reverted back.
For now, at least, there are a couple of options:
- Use Notepad+ and change use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" to use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" using the Find in Files function (select the whole skin folder, and replace all)
- Define the colours you want in settings/Mustermann Graphical settings.xml, these colours are defined from line 664 starting at "low attribute".
That said, they shouldn't all be the same colours - can you share a screenshot?
Unless you are referring to the colour scheme options. That's explained in the opening post:
fixed the attributes. an idea for the future and one ide like, could you combine the numberical and graphical so for example youve got the colour (graphical) behind the number. - on the whole though i am a fan of this skin
as you can see all the goals/key passes and key tackles are all the same colour as in your example 1 is green, 1 is blue and one is red.
For those colours, you will need to change it in the settings file. These are the base game values that you can copy and paste over those in the current file:
<!-- player stats donut chart colour -->
<colour name="shots on target colour" value="rgb(98,164,92)"/>
<colour name="shots goal colour" value="rgb(0,255,120)"/>
<colour name="shots non goal colour" value="rgba(185,215,197,0.3)" />
<colour name="passes succeeded colour" value="rgb(104,138,160)"/>
<colour name="key passes colour" value="rgb(54,219,219)"/>
<colour name="normal passes colour" value="rgba(204,223,236,0.3)" />
<colour name="tackles won colour" value="rgb(181,105,103)"/>
<colour name="key tackles colour" value="rgb(255,65,65)"/>
<colour name="normal tackles colour" value="rgba(229,174,174,0.3)" />
<colour name="stats filler colour" value="rgb(187,191,199)"/>
Attribute boxes behind numbers is a little more tricky. One of the considerations in the design was accessibility, and gradients have been used to be more colour-blind friendly (e.g. the attributes become lighter, the worse they are - so if you are red/green colour blind there is a better distinction than a traffic light system would allow). The problem with this is that you can't change the text for the attributes based on their value. Dark text will be difficult to read for excellent attributes, whilst light text will be difficult to read for poor attributes. Something in between will be difficult to read for everything!
Really loved the skin but can you add instant results button please? Sometimes I'm too lazy to watch small games
You can (relatively easily do this yourself):
Genuinely fantastic, innovative skin and perfect for a semi-attributeless, data-led save. And I would be happy to pay money for a dark-mode version
@DC10_ @symbyoz @markcoad8213 - dark version now available!
Hi mate, this is great, thanks for your work!
A quick question, is there a way of altering the in between match highlights screen so that it shows various panels, rather than just the widget?
Thanks in advance!
Sure - take a skin with a match setup you like, and copy across the associated files. Start with the in between highlights panel, check to see which files, classes, graphics and fonts it references (and those additional files reference) and copy them all over.
Any change of teach me how i can reduce a little the page of the info of the club ? Seems too big and is the only thing i dont like very much
And raise a little this part of the player profile
You can edit panels/club/club overview panel.xml for the club info. The whole panel has been annotated so you can see what pieces of code control which area, and each area has a height defined. Be warned, though, the heights are largely dictated by the content inside them.
For the player profile, you want panels/player/player overview panel.xml. There is a section at the bottom titled “Overlays”, you can edit the “Player Picture” section to adjust sizes of that area.
Really loved the skin but can you add instant results button please? Sometimes I'm too lazy to watch small games InstantResult
I try but can't change very well.
Its a shame, you always have the skin i love to play, but the club info is really a big off for me.
Also too lazy to read, I see (joking).
Extract to here:
Yes - the new files (taken from the Instant Result skin) are what is needed for the Instant Result button.