Bennyy
10 years ago
5 days ago
Hi everyone!

Football Manager is a game I played always as a single player. Until this week my brother and I had the idea to play an online game. But we cross some issues where I hope to find the answer here.
First of all, he cannot find my server name in the list, also when he search the name it says that there are no games with that name. In his Steam preferences at the downloads tab it's selected in the same country as I have and as we are.
Second, he can enter the online game only with my invitation. After that, he cannot join anymore because I was offline. Is it that I have to be online for him to enter the game? Or is there a possibility that he can enter the game even if I'm offline? Like that we can play whenever we want.

I hope someone can help me.

Ben
mons
17 years ago
43 minutes ago
Hi everyone!

Football Manager is a game I played always as a single player. Until this week my brother and I had the idea to play an online game. But we cross some issues where I hope to find the answer here.
First of all, he cannot find my server name in the list, also when he search the name it says that there are no games with that name. In his Steam preferences at the downloads tab it's selected in the same country as I have and as we are.
Second, he can enter the online game only with my invitation. After that, he cannot join anymore because I was offline. Is it that I have to be online for him to enter the game? Or is there a possibility that he can enter the game even if I'm offline? Like that we can play whenever we want.

I hope someone can help me.

Ben

In order to play online, it stands to reason that both of you have to be online for the duration
Bennyy
10 years ago
5 days ago
In order to play online, it stands to reason that both of you have to be online for the duration

Well I think that's strange because people work and have their own social life. Would've been more practical if everyone who's in the game just could enter and do their thing. To forward the game they just wait for the other to push it forward, right?
mons
17 years ago
43 minutes ago
Well I think that's strange because people work and have their own social life. Would've been more practical if everyone who's in the game just could enter and do their thing. To forward the game they just wait for the other to push it forward, right?

I get what you mean, but the clue is in the title online game. The game is hosted on the PC/laptop of one of the participants so it has to be online for the whole duration. FM is not a turn-based RPG and events occur concurrently. In my experience, the best way to go about it is to agree on times and dates in advance where all players are to be available.

You'll need to Login to comment