Already playing FM2017? Download these essential enhancements for your game! Buy FM2017 now. Get a FREE copy of FM Touch 2017 for Steam with tablet cross-play! 2 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 117707 changes from 186 contributors.
rabcp commented on: The FM17 Adboard Patch
A new version of our data update was released with 117453 changes from 186 contributors.
chokosc commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
JohnW commented on: Tranmere Rovers - Who needs a lemon when we've got Mellon!
JohnW commented on: Tranmere Rovers - Who needs a lemon when we've got Mellon!
Sam commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
chokosc commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
A new version of our data update was released with 115257 changes from 184 contributors.
Shedender commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
Sam commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
DNZY commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
Sam commented on: 2016/17 Barclays Premier League Thread
Sam commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
A new version of our data update was released with 115088 changes from 184 contributors.
Arthur 08 commented on: New carabao cup background i had made
Arthur 08 added a topic: New carabao cup background i had made
King Luis commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
The Platypus commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
Miltão_Imperador commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
Miltão_Imperador added a download: BAH Teampack
A new version of our data update was released with 114912 changes from 184 contributors.
Jan. commented on: FM17 Discussion Thread
Carroll. commented on: Transfer Rumours 2016/17
chokosc commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
DNZY commented on: Climbing Jacob's Ladder (Part Deux)
Shedender commented on: Teithio Cymru (Traveling Wales)
DNZY commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
Shedender commented on: 2016/17 Europa League
A new version of our data update was released with 114662 changes from 184 contributors.
Number 1 Comments
He's put out a statement effectively confirming his retirement.

For the right manager, Palace do seem like a decent opportunity. Yet they never seem to find anyone able to do anything for more than a couple of months then who finds a way to let them down.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I saw it mentioned Forest scored 7 in an away game in the 90s. Which I Googled - a 7-1 win at Sheffield Wednesday in 1995.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Fucking hell the final day was goal crazy. Quite brilliant in a way.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Wonder how different it would've been if the ref had penalised that foul by Lovren on Bamford, which he should've done tbh.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

No wonder Watford are getting rid of Mazzarri if dross like this has been their regular fare of late.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Huddersfield Town one win from the Premier League. And to think a fair few pundits said they'd be lucky to stay in the Championship in pre-season.

Still, would be quite something to see them in the top flight.
Congrats to Forest Green, into the[b] football league for the first time.

Away days there should be fun, falafels and houmous with vegan salads instead of steak and kidney pies.

Tbh, the idea of a journey to the arse end of nowhere to see a team owned by a new age traveller turned energy billionaire and eating vegan things actually sounds like a more interesting experience than trotting to identikit stadiums next to retail parks.
We're one division above Forest Green

3-2 Blackpool and 3-3 between Carlisle and Exeter in the League Two play offs first legs.

If its bad enough for Blackburn fans knowing they're division above FGR, fuck knows how Coventry fans must be feeling. Maps at the ready and everything.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

So a Chinese bookies that used to sponsor Burnley are the new shirt sponsors... not sure that's a big improvement on Wonga tbh. But then over half the league has a bookmaker as a shirt sponsor by now, even moreso with Everton gaining one too.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Wow that Ayew double miss was brilliant. How the fuck did he miss?

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Wasn't Phelan or Bruce's fault for it, the owners didn't give them money to spend during the summer especially when they only had around nine available first team players, hence why Steve Bruce left. It was miraculous that they managed to stay up this far. Think the blame needs to go on the owners for it. Marco Silva did a sterling job for them.

Yeah - Phelan didn't do that badly given what he had to work with in terms of the boardroom inertia up there, but that situation and the lateness of Bruce's forced departure meant Hull were always facing a slog of a season. And yeah, Silva did a great job to haul Hull into survival contention. But equally so, home and away defeats to Moyes' horrifically meek Sunderland betrayed something not PL worthy I guess.

Surely someone in the midtable/lower region may well give Silva a gig? I saw Southampton rumoured as they've alleged to be removing Puel, but I reckon he might do alright at a West Ham or someone like that.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Silva would probably have kept Hull up had he been there for the whole season, but that summer of nothing, their poor first half to the season and consistently shit away form means nowhere else to go I guess.

2 of the bottom 3 I'm not really surprised by. But I'm more surprised by Middlesbrough's meek drop - you'd think given this was their first PL season in 7 years that they'd look to put on more of a show than try for 38 goalless draws.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Some NUFC fans flew a banner with "United By Cancer, Divided By Leagues" over the Sunderland game... I mean, its one thing that banter can embrace coarse humour or bad taste, but this feels like its way too far.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Blackburn deserve this for once chanting 'stand up if you've won the League'

Were Forest not similarly ready to bleat about winning the Champions League/European Cup?

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

They've had a weird season, Man U. Long unbeaten run that was north of 25 games in the PL, mainly cohesive style, most of their new signings have looked good, could well end up winning the Europa League, and yet they've been oddly shit at getting results when they need them most. Usually at OT but yeah, their away form at the other top clubs has also been shite.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Never in doubt we'd pull it off

To be fair its a huge slap in the face for Brighton in the way they lost it, but they seem to have taken their foot off the gas since winning promotion. It sucks for them but its the way it is, and at least, like us, they're ducking the play-offs and going straight to the PL.

I'm not sure who I fancy for the play-offs. I think Fulham are favourites but I'd prefer one of the 2 Yorkshire clubs as the PL looks very London/Southern England heavy for next season, and they've endured longer top flight absences. Huddersfield losing Ward for the games with Wednesday is a blow for them, mind.

And of course, commiserations Blackburn. Amazing how Venky's seem to get worse every year.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Saved the second penalty!

But yes, don't see Ipswich coming back from this.

And if it wasn't before Assombalonga made it 3, it definitely is too far for Ipswich now.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

It looks like Blackburn's biggest hopes now is on Bristol rather than on Ipswich.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Gotta love Portsmouth being champions after only leading League Two for the final half an hour of the season.

Better than when Bristol Rovers were relegated to the Conference after only spending a similar time in the bottom two all season I guess.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

If Chelsea fail to win the league from here, it might will be the choke of a lifetime.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Its completely fucking dumb, but the Football League seem so good at doing stupid shit just to make it look like they're doing something.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Top 6 decided in the Championship, with Leeds missing out, Wigan down, Forest/Blackburn/Birmingham as the possible teams joining them.

I was neutral on that front, but Redknapp annoys me and I still think sacking Rowett for Zola was a whopper of a blunder, so I'm kinda hoping its Birmingham. But Blackburn or Forest is the always likelier on that front.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Only so long you can dodge the drop before you fall through it I guess.

I remember on here years ago it was suggested Moyes would be a decent option to replace Pardew... thank fuck that didn't happen. Although granted we went for the equally shit option of McLaren.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

The potential of deducted points (depending what happens from this HMRC raid) might help you with that!

I mean, its never dull around Newcastle United, is it?

I'm still not entirely sure of the details, and it might not have helped the first I saw of it was a parody article. It did look pretty huge when I did get round to seeing the actual story, and there's no doubt it raises a shit stink. Although for now, I've seen the local Daily Mail reporter in the NE region has said Charnley was released without charge. It may well be that this is a long runner for a good while yet, but I wouldn't have thought it would lead to a points deduction this season. Depends on how far along HMRC are with this and how quick a hearing can happen as to where this ends up though.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I'm mainly bemused that Barton made so many bets on teams he played for (or their reserve teams) and lost almost every time.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Derby County's points tally; we're coming for you

I doubt that total's being broken for a long time, but in saying that, the squad as it currently is needs a lot of work to be PL ready.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Well, it might not have been via the easy route, but Premier League promotion achieved. Thank fuck for that.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

One win from the Premier League... feels good to say that.

Leyton Orient out of the Football League for the first time in 112 years... doesn't really feel right saying that. But bravo to their owner for finding the perfect way to all-but dismantle and destroy a club in only 3 years.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Its a sink or swim moment for anything not full-on right wing, and given how the last 10 years have been going in general for anything left of Thatcher even without the Brexit vote, I don't really fancy the chances.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Least Jacob Butterfield via a whopping deflection stopped the day from being an absolute disaster.

So... 7 clear of Huddersfield and 6 of Reading with 3 to play and goal difference advantages of 30 on both. And I still can't fucking relax due to how badly we've been playing of late.

Still, fair play to Brighton. Some teams would've still suffered the hangover after they missed on promotion the way they did last season, but they've been very good for most of the campaign, particularly in response to the quickfire defeats against us, Huddersfield & Forest, and on the whole they deserve their PL spot. Also well done to Plymouth and Portsmouth for seemingly beginning the comeback after sinking to the FL basement tier.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

If Huddersfield hadn't slipped up v Bristol City, Forest, twice against Rovers they'd probably go up in 2nd and take advantage of Newcastle's poor form.

To be fair if we hadn't slipped up against Rovers twice (and Fulham twice and Sheffield Wednesday twice), we'd have 6 more points and would be in an infinitely more relaxed position.

Fuck me we're choking.