Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 23 minutes ago
a31632 commented on: ESS v5 Logo's REVIVED !!!
a31632 commented on: ESS v5 Logo's REVIVED !!!
mushtaq23 commented on: 💡 Logos Request Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 79640 changes from 282 contributors.
injilio commented on: Requests
A new version of our data update was released with 79612 changes from 282 contributors.
injilio commented on: ESS v5 Logo's REVIVED !!!
A new version of our data update was released with 79610 changes from 282 contributors.
injilio commented on: FMV Logos
sparta1888 commented on: Fantasy kits, FC'12 and PR style
A new version of our data update was released with 79573 changes from 282 contributors.
rekooner2 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
rekooner2 added a download: GBK Teampack
Medmax commented on: 3D kits request for Paris FC
Medmax added a topic: 3D kits request for Paris FC
tdurb0 commented on: Please can someone do me a NBC rainbow-news Derby . A fancy new (ie different brand to the currennt 1st and 2nd kit-makers
tdurb0 added a topic: Please can someone do me a NBC rainbow-news Derby . A fancy new (ie different brand to the currennt 1st and 2nd kit-makers
A new version of our data update was released with 79541 changes from 282 contributors.
volicci commented on: FMV Logos
ShaunEvans95 commented on: Missing FM 2020 achievements
ShaunEvans95 added a topic: Missing FM 2020 achievements
A new version of our data update was released with 79534 changes from 281 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 79528 changes from 281 contributors.
rikyrd2431 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 79496 changes from 281 contributors.
Qvordrup commented on: 🛠️ Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
Aaron G commented on: 💡 Logos Request Thread
sparta1888 commented on: Boca Juniors Adidas 2020 Standard Kits FM20
sparta1888 added a topic: Boca Juniors Adidas 2020 Standard Kits FM20
Muerte commented on: OPZ Elite 2020 v.20.3.2
Number 1 Comments
I mean, I enjoyed the first Newcastle game after the restart. Probably because for once, we weren't shit. I'm convinced we would've lost the game had it happened when originally scheduled, given Dubravka had a big injury in the Southampton game the week before the PL stopped, and Sheffield United haven't come back the same side.

But in general this first week had been weird. The digital crowd noise needs a lot of work, although it is funny when the real stadium noise cuts through in unexpected ways. I do like the colourful banners over the empty seats that are most visible to camera, but tis not the same. Nor was it going to be, imo.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Just confirmed 17th June as a restart date for the 2 games not played on Carabao Cup weekend - so Man City v Arsenal and Villa v Sheffield Utd - with a full programme the following weekend.

Not so sure if its still too soon (if not as soon as this desire to reopen a lot of things next week when the UK coronavirus death rate is still in triple digits) but I guess we'll get our own version of the weirdness we're getting in the Bundesliga to see closed door matches.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

football/sport should only start when it is safe to do so and there is no risk of further lives being lost due to it starting back

at this point it is irrelevant saving lives is the priority and it will be absurd if any sport is allowed to start up in the current climate it will be sometime before it starts back and when it does I hope the obscene amount of money we have seen in the modern era will be changed for good and the gap between the ultra- elite and the others will be drastically reduced that could be the only positive to come out of this terrible event

Agreed. It'll be a long time before leisure events with mass crowds attending are able to be held, and even closed doors football might be a stretch for a while if there's still large clusters of cases and healthcare resources required for bigger priorities.

But I'm not sure about the obscene amount of money. If anything, there's fear it could end up being the opposite with lower league clubs having significant cash flow problems and elite level clubs have easy pickings for the players they want to sign from clubs financially damaged. Though I'm aware there's talk a number of big name clubs are reportedly cutting transfer budgets, so its not as if they're going to be unaffected.

"Screwed over" might not be the best choice of words in my last post on the matter tbf.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

There's legitimate talk Ashley might be about to sell Newcastle to a consortium largely lead by Saudi cash backed up by a number of UK-based business people, which would put Newcastle as one of the wealthiest clubs about. Though I'm aware if it happens and we begin to do well, the "Oh you're only winning cos you have dictator cash" card will be played - Man City have had it for years so presumably we'd have to as well, not least given Saudi Arabia's record on a lot of things like human rights or suppression of freedoms is a lot worse than the UAE's.

Though I'd be a lot more excited if football still wasn't totally screwed over by that pandemic.

Anyone willing to guess when the PL season might restart, if at all?

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Initially I was for just deciding the season using the current tables, but I'm aware that would just annoy a lot of people and lead to a lot of further arguing to serve nobody that well, particularly from anyone relegated in a close fight.

My instinct is that they'll resume behind closed doors, possibly using neutral venues as was suggested, as the financial cost to both PL & EFL returning their TV money is enormous, maybe even ruinous in the case of a lot of lower league clubs. Whether that can happen before July is another matter, given both the fact the new cases needs to be significantly reduced and even when you're in a position to return, player fitness is going to be lacking.

There also needs to be some kind of meeting at a FIFA level to create better contingency plans in advance of another major disruptive event in future so we can see less of a sense of ad lib response.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I haven't played FM since FM2015 but a part of me is legit tempted to get FM2020 just to play this. The Offensive is a great podcast.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

BBC reporting both Euro 2020 and this summer's Copa America have both been postponed to 2021, with a football journo from The Independent tweeting that UEFA have June 27 as a provisional first date to reschedule the Champions League Final.

I can't help but feel that's too soon. Think it needs to be a July date to be on the safe side. His Tweet read "Good luck with that", which is I get the feeling what a lot of people must also be thinking.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Just waiting for schools/nurseries to close, then the shit will really hit the fan.

Surprised it hasn't already happened in the UK tbf, given that it is the case everywhere else.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

No solution to this crisis is a good one. Its all about picking the least shit one at this point.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

So... leagues in Spain, the Netherlands, Portugal, France, Denmark and the USA have been suspended along with the previous ones in Italy & Switzerland, with the Champions League & Europa League stopping games and Euro 2020 in severe risk of postponement, Arsenal's manager tested positive for the virus, Real Madrid have quarantined their entire squad, Juventus and 2nd tier German side Hannover have had players also test positive, Leicester and Man City have put players in self-isolation, and that's just today. Fuck me this is dreadful.

Its a worry the Premier League's initial call was to carry on as if nothing was wrong was the right one.

Not just football as well either, given the US basketball, multiple tennis tournaments, MotoGP, Formula E and others have cancelled events, as have film shoots, film premieres, concert tours and the rest. And that's not forgetting the utter clusterfuck that is the F1 race in Australia, which seems to be at the moment both going ahead and not going ahead.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

In other news, didn't realise Boro were bottom three at the mo!

Middlesbrough, Stoke and Huddersfield all being in the Championship relegation battle has caught me by surprise, even if I'm aware all have by themselves had crap seasons.

Think its safe to say that so far, Woodgate for Pulis at the Riverside hasn't worked out.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Welcome to United, Odion!

Quite something the scoreline in this photo from 2015 was the same score of last Saturday's result. A result I'm still perplexed happened, even if I did think Liverpool's first PL defeat would come to a team outside the usual top 6.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Newcastle in the FA Cup quarters... Been far too fucking long since I could write that phrase.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Almost an old school thread this given most of the posts were still in 2014. Also quite something that back then, the vibe was "Anyone but Vettel & Red Bull" whereas now "Anyone but Hamilton & Mercedes" might be the common thought among neutrals.

Tbf 2019 had some pretty good races overall where Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull were often level pegging, McLaren and Renault even ran them close on some weekends, and Toro Rosso sneaking podiums. So it would be cool if that continues.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I can see this being tied up at the CAS for ages.

I can also see a similar attempt to kick PSG out the Champions League, given I seem to recall similarly serious allegations were made by Football Leaks about their financial conduct. Whether it is acted on is another matter.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I'm still puzzled that a Newcastle fan decided the appropriate emotional response to our winner at Oxford on Tuesday - even if it was a great goal - was to drop his jeans and do a helicopter. Christ knows what he would've done if that was an FA Cup Final winning goal.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Can't say I'm impressed a Newcastle starting 11 not too dissimilar to our normal league 11 failed to beat a L1 side who hadn't won in 4 and were missing key players, with Oxford also having the better chances.

Still, given we've got very lucky in some recent PL games, we were probably due such a slap in the face.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Just had a flick through the whole thing - season 1 in the Champs League, winning the Carabao Cup in season 2. Excellent start to proceedings.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

If Liverpool fail to win the league from this position, they're never going to win it. But I suspect given all the rest of them below are so dysfunctional that Liverpool can afford to let 2/3 games slip and nobody would emerge to make life more uncomfortable for them.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

West Ham let Moyes go to "move to the next level" under Pellegrini, and have now sacked Pellegrini to potentially bring back Moyes... so that's gone well.

I know, meanwhile, its almost a cliché at this point to complain VAR is being used to take offside checks to ludicrous levels, but Christ alive this round of fixtures has taken the piss.

The first knockout round:
Borussia Dortmund v Paris St-Germain
Real Madrid v Manchester City
Atalanta v Valencia
Atletico Madrid v Liverpool
Chelsea v Bayern Munich
Lyon v Juventus
Tottenham v RB Leipzig
Napoli v Barcelona

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Having a second referendum without enacting the first, would have meant a leader making the unprecedented decision of being the first to ignore a democratic vote. The result was conclusive England overwhelmingly wants Brexit and you're Maths mean nothing. Labour were not standing as a Remain Party, some loyal Labour voters are still leavers and you have no clue how many. Boris got the second biggest vote in a UK Election ever in December a massive triumph. If the masses were as badly off as McDonnell (the main driver of the massacre Labour suffered) made out even with Brexit the Conservatives wouldn't have won.

There was a stat the other day suggesting the majority of potential Tory voters who would have voted Remain in any second referendum were still going to stick with the Tory party despite that party's pro-Brexit position, which I reckon is a haul that got them over the line in a lot of Remain-voting seats in the South but which could've made things more interesting in a referendum context. I never said I assumed it would win - I agree there were still a fair wedge of Labour voters that back Brexit, and there's still people who didn't vote that may still want to just to say they still believe in it. But I don't think it was impossible Remain could've won a second ballot, even with that angle of "denying democracy", which is a great one for attack ads. Its more that they didn't try to even force it - it was always "now is not the time" when voting on a deal vs Remain was even something supported by some Leave voters in focus groups.

Instead you get an election where the Remain vote split more, and it was unlikely to stand a chance - even less so as Corbyn and the Lib Dems have big-time baggage, and in a few seats got in each other way. The tightness indicates they might've had a shot, although it probably still would've been very difficult. But its irrelevant now.

On the basis we've had a vote that has changed the make up of the House of Commons to an undeniably more pro-Brexit Parliament, all we can say now is that if Brexit doesn't happen next month, something very odd will have taken place.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Ole knows how to set up to defend, it's why he only managed a draw against an Emery team who was similarly cowardly.

Clearly. Their midfield was oddly passive when they played at St. James' Park, which is a game where I think they would've been expected to dominate the midfield space.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I'm pretty angry anti-Brexit MP's didn't fight harder for a second referendum, because the numbers indicated by this ballot look to me that it might have snuck a win - looking at the totals, the Tory vote is just under Labour/LD combined, and while it unquestionably would've been close when everyone else is in, it looks to me that's how it would play out. Obviously its hard to speculate, even with concrete numbers, but that's how I interpreted it, even if it probably would've been similar to the last one being split by less than 4%.

It was really fucking obvious the Remain vote was going to be divided into more options than a leave vote because they would just have the Tories at their beck and call and ready to pounce, and they fell for it. The Lib Dems pushed hard for this ballot in particular, thinking they were on to a win and it just blew up in their faces. I'm aware the SNP were - looks to me like they were ready to try and throw English Remainers under the bus to get independence.

So I think there's going to be resentment from this side for years, which is only going to increase from the Brexit side if it ends up being a disappointment/disaster.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Huh... quite something Man United got beaten by West Ham, Bournemouth and Newcastle, then picked up back-to-back wins over both Spurs and Man City.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

It does seem to be a pretty intense sacking season, with Spurs, Arsenal and Watford (for a second time) all pulling the trigger in quick succession, Everton's manager under intense scrutiny and West Ham having probably been ready to follow had Pellegrini not got victory at Chelsea with a 33-year-old PL debutant formerly of MK Dons and Millwall in goal.

Maybe its just the time of year. Usually see a few dismissals in late autumn/early winter but the last few seasons haven't quite been so intense as this one felt.
Bruce is at the club he was made for. Lower Premier League is his level

Lower PL is indeed our level (sadly, for someone who can remember top 5 finishes when younger) but poor seasons in the PL with Hull and Sunderland, and a messy time at Villa did make me a bit twitchy.

The cynic in me could suggest some of these results are one we might've had with Benitez. But equally, we have responded very well to an atrocious display at Leicester. 3 wins against teams we've had an iffy record against along with a double comeback against Man City, off-colour MCFC finishing or otherwise.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Huh. Bruce is doing better than my low expectations suggested. Granted it helps him our defenders are stepping up where our attackers aren't, but still - take what one can get.

As for Liverpool-Man City, I'm not going to say that the title race is done, especially as Man City literally recovered from such a deficit last season, but its still going to be a very difficult recovery process. And that's even without them moaning VAR robbed them of a penalty seconds before goal number 1.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Bury have been officially expelled, while Bolton have been given a final deadline of 2 weeks from now.

What a complete fucking mess.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

With Bury yet to start, Bolton in increased danger of expulsion after their kids limped to a couple of 5-0 maulings and Coventry not playing at home, League One this season looks like a complete mess.

It looks to me that the EFL only seems to have tools to punish clubs rather than help ones in genuine peril, and it just ends up with a negative spiral. I accept serial rule-breakers need to face some form of penalty and its pretty obvious Bury & Bolton have ended up in the hands of some people who have no business in being involved as football club owners, but I'm not convinced they've been entirely helpful throughout this debacle.

EDIT: This was posted before Bolton's administrators put out a statement saying the takeover collapsed and the club is to be liquidated this week if it doesn't meet the new EFL deadline tomorrow. Its looking pretty fatal.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Well... Norwich was a total disaster so my expectations for this were low, even if we have a half-decent record at Spurs. I'm holding judgement on whether its the start of Bruce proving himself - Steve McClaren won our last game at old WHL, for instance - but I think everyone needed that. Things had got to a dark place in recent weeks so a very good performance and result were necessary. I had expected that to be against a surprisingly dysfunctional Watford next week, but success is success.

Spurs surprised me. Considering their talents, they were really slow and ponderous, and after Eriksen had come on and proved he wasn't the answer alone, they just didn't seem to have any back-up options. Almost like they're thinking Kane alone is all they need up top. Again.

FM2020 SALE