FM 2018 has been released buy now from our store and support the site Already playing FM18? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game Want updated squads for FM17? We have the worlds biggest FM2017 Data Update. 22 minutes ago
DNZY commented on: [FM17] Climbing Jacob's Ladder (Part Deux)
DNZY commented on: [FM17] Climbing Jacob's Ladder (Part Deux)
King Luis commented on: 2017/18 Barclays Premier League Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 232309 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 27204 changes from 136 contributors.
DNZY commented on: [FM17] Climbing Jacob's Ladder (Part Deux)
DNZY commented on: [FM17] Climbing Jacob's Ladder (Part Deux)
FoxInTheBoxFM added a video: LIVE NOW! Casa Pia, season 4, LigaPro!
uFM commented on: uFM - A Football Fan
Enos commented on: Nocturno beta 1.0
foolinjection commented on: Restoration of the standard logos!
Hasjasja commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
terriersmad commented on: 2017/18 Barclays Premier League Thread
A11_Smithy commented on: England - National League North SS'2017/18 Relink! (10/09/17)
bolid74 commented on: England - National League North SS'2017/18 Relink! (10/09/17)
A new version of our data update was released with 232260 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 27140 changes from 136 contributors.
Makul commented on: Request Thread
Makul commented on: Request Thread
robmoore_396 2 commented on: 'Hold Team Talk'
robmoore_396 2 added a topic: 'Hold Team Talk'
BAD-RELIGION commented on: Kits no Showing in EDITOR
BAD-RELIGION commented on: Kits no Showing in EDITOR
BAD-RELIGION added a topic: Kits no Showing in EDITOR
Hajdučki sin commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
rabcp commented on: The FM18 Adboard Patch - V1.0 Out Now
Laulund commented on: Italian Serie D for FM18 by ElCobra
A11_Smithy commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
Number 1 Comments
I think I've genuinely forgotten what winning a game feels like.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I mean, Pardew, Carver and McClaren each served up similarly patchy runs of form and got shit for it so it's certainly fair to ask if Benitez is currently performing below expectations, even accounting for having a weaker squad than those three predecessors.
Benteke taking the penalty off Milivojević in the last minute. Crazy.

You kind of knew that when Benteke insisted on having it, it wasn't going to go in. Potentially huge as well given that Palace's season had been beginning to pick up.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Well that was depressing and yet worryingly familiar at present.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Third Round draw is out, with a Merseyside Derby among the headline making ties.

Home to Luton for NUFC... could be interesting and more uncomfortable than preferred given how freely they score in their league, but it is still a League Two team.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Newcastle's lead was nice why it lasted.

I feel the same.

Regardless of the circumstances around our cheapskate squad and the takeover or not story, 1 point from 6 matches is shit form... Leicester and Everton in our next two are pretty big games.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

One or two Newcastle fans seem gutted we missed out on Joe Hart in the summer. Clearly West Ham are reaping the benefits of that one at the moment.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

A point is definitely something I would taken at 2-0 down but Christ alive our defending from crosses has been appalling all season. Yedlin in particular has looked pretty terrible recently.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Don't think anyone who started that game was any good (subs are irrelevant because they all came on too late to do anything). I don't know if from the highlights the key factor was Watford playing well - except perhaps Gray, who should really have got 3 or more - or Newcastle being top-to-bottom garbage. Could well be both.

Seemed a bit of a weird day all round. Man Utd's goal was a bit of a joke, WBA taking a point from Spurs and arguably having better chances to win was a turn up for the books, and the referee in the Swansea v Bournemouth game was pretty bad.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Trust the talk of takeovers to coincide with form going to shit.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Literally a question which pops up every other time we play a club with a big following. And almost every time the answer is the same: revenue. A boiling point for many of our fans which sit in the Manny End or the Cemmy End and are constantly being shifted to the family stand. However, if you have the chance to milk the cow and bring in 3.700 paying fans form Blackburn or insist on giving them one end and restrict them to 1.500, what would you choose? We're supposed to get a new stadium at some point and hope stuff like that will be cleared by then..

Fair enough.

Seeing as its as much economics, daresay it might well be something done by other clubs in future too.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Pardew seems to be the early favourite. Would be a fairly curious appointment - did well initially at Palace to get them out of danger, then seemed to double back and effectively helped start the problems they're in now. Bit like Pulis, really.

Maybe that's just how it is for the majority of Premier League clubs - just keep out of the danger zone for as long as possible.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Speaking of Bury, why do away fans sit behind both goals there? I've seen it on TV highlights and thought it looked a bit unusual.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

To be fair to our mob, we didn't look that bad against a side featuring two players that cost more than our entire starting line-up by themselves, but the second half just seemed to get away from us very quickly.

Saying that, our recent uninspiring form means we need to be getting points off Watford and West Brom.
4-0 now, and the owner is there too in a rare visit. Doesn't bode well for the bus driver.

The odd thing is that if WBA had been managed by anyone else, Pulis might be tempting man to call at this point. He probably deserves a smidge more time, but I can see why WBA fans think he's had enough time to this point. They seem to be the team that limps over the line after getting 40 points one year, then doesn't shake the hangover. Which kinda makes the case for why Watford like changing managers when they do that.

To weigh in on events in Dorset, I don't think Wilson was offside before his second goal, but a part of me wasn't entirely convinced it was a free-kick against Mooy in the first place. The one from Daniels before the first goal was a definite foul, but for all Bournemouth goals, the defending was pretty poor.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Well... that went downhill fast.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Would it be too harsh to sack him after losing to Chelsea?

I guess if they were to, West Brom fans would argue it would be the fact they seemed to have taken their foot off the gas since hitting 40 points in the back half of last season, and then not got back into the swing of things for this season.

Probably not of great help for him that their next game is at Spurs.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Blimey Pulis' defensive nous has fallen off a cliff so far this season.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

We're not in that bleak a position at the minute - fwiw, we have as many points or more than we had at this stage in each of our last 4 Premier League seasons, and with what is probably a weaker squad than in those campaigns. Plus that demotion 2 years ago is much more to do with McLaren being kept in post for too long, or indeed being appointed. Could even argue we could be looking at a rosier outlook had Gayle's goal been allowed - looked on to me, just.

Even accounting for that, I'm not gonna say its all rosy atm. I think our defence is relatively alright (Manquillo aside) but our attacking play is an issue, be it lack of energy in attack, or playing the wrong game with smaller strikers, or poor buys, or dropping in intensity after not scoring in the opening half hour. Its also certainly not assuring that Man U or a half-decent Watford is the pairing to start the cavalcade of games from now to FA Cup 3rd Round weekend.

As for other clubs, I genuinely don't see Dyche being Everton boss in the post-international break fixtures, seeing as Burnley look in a pretty rosy place atm. But then who knows. Although certainly the case for Billic still being in post is much harder to argue... fuck knows why Moyes is being suggested as a replacement, mind.

Ah piss and shit.

Also not ideal given the fixture list is looking tougher from this point.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Clark and Mbemba, maybe, but Merino was injured last night, Aarons seems to be injured half the time and I would argue we have better options than Colback. Mitrovic is the divided one given his hot headed acts of lunacy, although Shelvey was restored after his own idiotic behaviour against Spurs, and by scoring against West Ham before getting a needless ban, Mitrovic has done more than Gayle.

I'd argue that more than anything else, Perez's lightweight episodes and Diame being not very good means number 10 is a position to improve in January if we're rigidly sticking to 4-2-3-1. Assuming funds are available from whomever holds the reins at the point.

Well that was dull.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Why the fuck would Everton bring back Moyes?

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Clearly, something is in a state of collapse around there. But seriously - the fuck was that fan doing?

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I'm not entirely sure 2 relegations and several fan protests count as successful, but in fairness I do agree lots of takeovers at football clubs end up going to shit very quickly.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Not really a surprise given the more sustained recent takeover talk. But as happened in 2009, we might need to wait and see if it actually happen. And indeed if they're an improvement.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Newcastle's historically shit record at Southampton meant a point is something I would've taken before kick-off, but I didn't bank on leading twice, or Fraser Forster having an utterly dreadful game, or the Saints attack being pretty lethargic throughout. Still, its not a loss.

The penalty was a weird one - Lejeune did make contact with Long, so that alone isn't contentious, but there's a subtle kicking the ball out of play from Long before the contact that indicates more intent to get that as an advantage from a not-irredeemable situation. But then the referee made more erratic decisions, so... meh.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

My pessimistic nature meant I was sure Palace's first goal and/or points might come at St. James' next week... in hindsight goals today was probably more likely given how football usually works.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Blimey that Joselu goal was ludicrously fortunate.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Mightily underwhelming display, that. We weren't terrible defensively, and I did initially think Mbemba was fouled during the build-up to their goal, but we were poor offensively. Far too many shots on target that shouldn't have been.

Nevermind. We'll see if Liverpool's dodgy defence that'll have just come back from Moscow provides more returns.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Missed the game but saw we picked up 3 wins in a row... again, maybe my pessimism was premature. I like this feeling.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Considering Benitez's absence and more defensive injuries, I had low expectations but it was a good performance overall that probably deserved it. Swansea may not have looked great, but we did still do enough to pick the points up. Very nice to see both an early away win and a good back-to-back double.

Certainly, I can get used to seeing my pessimism disproved.
So Ritchie didn't get sent off why?

Guessing the fact he didn't make contact with Mawson helped. Tbf I did see some Newcastle fans on Twitter yesterday drawing a pairing between that an incident involving Huddersfield's Elias Kachunga and Mbemba a few weeks back. May help to get some consistent ideas out of the officials.

EDIT: Didn't realise Ritchie made slight contact with Mawson's arm... hmmmm. Again, consistency from the officials may well need to be made.