Already playing FM2017? Download these essential enhancements for your game! Buy FM2017 now. Get a FREE copy of FM Touch 2017 for Steam with tablet cross-play! 10 minutes ago
Barış Ezdar commented on: Complete Control
stluke_ commented on: Missing certain logos
stluke_ added a topic: Missing certain logos
A new version of our data update was released with 62619 changes from 70 contributors.
Shola commented on: The Lower League Thread
Mateee added a download: Faroe Islands league structure (3 leagues + 2 cups) 2017 season 100% real
MannT1990 commented on: Standard Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 62496 changes from 70 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 62454 changes from 70 contributors.
Matanka commented on: Request Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 62453 changes from 70 contributors.
Carroll. commented on: The Night Thread Mk. IX
Ni Ls commented on: FM 2017 FLUT skin dark - 2.5
soniughrejiya22 commented on: Name Editor In-Game
DoctorBenjyFM added a video: ROADTRIP | PART 57 | FORMATION FARCE | FOOTBALL MANAGER 2017
A new version of our data update was released with 62301 changes from 69 contributors.
mons commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM17 Megapack - 9.05 OUT NOW [21/03/2017]
A new version of our data update was released with 62176 changes from 69 contributors.
Riordave1875 commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM17 Megapack - 9.05 OUT NOW [21/03/2017]
A new version of our data update was released with 62127 changes from 69 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 62047 changes from 68 contributors.
mons commented on: Is it possible to have a picture instead of regen style profile, and if so can you change it mid-way through a save?
wazza206 commented on: Is it possible to have a picture instead of regen style profile, and if so can you change it mid-way through a save?
wazza206 added a topic: Is it possible to have a picture instead of regen style profile, and if so can you change it mid-way through a save?
MannT1990 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 61951 changes from 68 contributors.
Yespy commented on: FM 2017 FLUT skin dark - 2.5
A new version of our data update was released with 61606 changes from 67 contributors.
nanya commented on: some Logos aren't showing. Help!
nanya added a topic: some Logos aren't showing. Help!
Number 1 Comments
That is a magnificent miss by Adam Lallana.

Not been watching for long but I gather Man City had a similar moment in the first half.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I mean... as if flying biplanes over football wasn't bizarre enough, now apparently we have to have cover all angles for fuck's sake.
Isn't McClean technically interfering with play by moving out the way of the ball in an offside position?

Its an unusual one but as McClean was not obstructing anyone, interfering with the ball, and was behind Ospina and Bellerin, I'm not sure he's interfering with play. If Arsenal should be annoyed with anyone its probably Bellerin for clattering into Ospina. And that wasn't even the defensive strategy for WBA's third goal that saw Dawson being marked by 2 of his own teammates.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I mean, a 0-0 draw at Birmingham to mean its now 3 without a win is not great, dubiously disallowed goal or not. But at the least we're 7 clear of third.
Half the team was ill. Hefele and Stankovic were both sent home, Hudson and Schindler were also feeling the effects, and it looked like Smith, Billing, Kachunga and Mooy were also really struggling with something. The sheer number of times we seemed to jump under the ball makes me think depth perception was off. The fact we got out-run at times also suggests to me that there was something physically wrong with the team. Bugs happen. Not an excuse, just an explanation. There's several missing from the U23s today as well.

The Hogg thing just topped it off. Bristol newspapers reporting he's out long-term, which pretty much fucks our promotion bid up, so I hope it's just them misinterpreting Wagner's analysis. I'd take a 4-0 hammering any day of the week if it meant we got Hogg back for the run-in. I'd rather have him than the points.

Apologies for the latest ref rant. He was shocking, but not the reason we lost. I'd rather suffer a horror show ref in a game which is gone than in a tight one. He made basic errors and let them get away with a lot, but we weren't competing. Penalty was yet another joke decision but just put some undeserving gloss on the scoreline. Bristol were better than us, far more aggressive, and took their chances, but 4 is harsh.

Oh I see. I wasn't aware of the illness running through the squad. But I can certainly imagine it not helping that half the team is either out or feeling physically weaker than normal even before Hogg.

Hogg has been diagnosed with a fractured neck. Its good to know he's been cleared to leave hospital, but that's a shocking injury and one that, as he's a key Huddersfield player, I can imagine will not help.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I do wonder if Huddersfield's rhythm was disrupted last night knowing one of their own players was in such an awful way after such extensive on-pitch treatment. Early reports I've seen look like its not as serious and that Hogg is in a stable condition, which is a good sign, but obviously its still early and full diagnosis is not yet disclosed, so hopefully its not as serious as it looked.

In more conventional sporting matters, I'm aware it opens a door for us to re-establish the gap we were beginning to throw away when we go to Birmingham later. Hopefully we're up for taking it.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I'm really puzzled by what Middlesbrough were hoping to achieve by seemingly trying to play for a 0-0 every week.

Maybe Karanka is one of those managers better suited to the Championship.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Speaking of Rojo. How on earth did he walk off that pitch without getting booked?

You can probably ask that question every weekend he doesn't get a yellow to be fair.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Yedlin getting injured is of concern, given he seems more consistent at right back than Anita, and Gamez will be rusty from spending most of the campaign out of the firing line.

Whatever happened to Achraaf Lazaar anyway?

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I'm not entirely sure of the "Shelvey's at fault for all 3" line. Did badly to not cut out the pass to Cairney for number one, sure, but there are more players I'd blame for 2 (The obvious one is Dummett, although neither CB wakes up quickly enough after that error) and 3 (the right flank goes completely missing). But in truth the whole team fell to shit on Saturday that its almost meaningless to blame 1 player when none of were really put in a performance worthy of winning the game.

At this point, we kinda know we're set up with a defensive focus for the majority of games, when certain games are more ideal for that (Huddersfield away) than others (Reading away was dull and Fulham was a disaster). I'm aware we lack forward assertion, and certainly its a curious one Daryl Murphy commented he felt the team let Fulham have too much of the ball. Still, we have a few winnable fixtures in a row now. So all's not lost just yet, and with any luck the players will get a suitable kick up the arse as a reward for this disaster.

With the fans, it is what it is. But again, its perspective - Pardew had his good days and bad days, as is everyone before and after. I like Benitez, but we're far too aware this team is not immune to shit games and rarely seem to know how to respond to conceding the opening goal. But at this point with everything so finely balanced in a division that is a lot stronger than it was in 2009-10, is it really worth turning every individual error into an "Oh fuck we're not going up we were shit all along!" moment?

Meanwhile, sacking season seems to have kicked in, with Norwich then followed by Derby sacking McClaren (again) and Wigan sacking Warren Joyce... of those two, I'm not sure either were that good an appointment in the first place. Also surely someone has to get Derby up sometime before the Candy Crush money stops?

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Seems about right that 7 points from the big 3 away games is followed up by a shit home result and display.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Sky saying he's interested. Guessing he'll be there for next weekend.

Maybe for him its best to try the 2nd tier after how bad Palace's league form was in 2016, but it'll most probably go the same way - promotion form in half of next season, relegation form in the rest.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

So, at 1pm, Norwich's manager did his press conference the day before their game with Blackburn, and then by 7pm, he's fired.

While they've been crap for most of the time since that game at St. James' Park in September, they seem to have waited too long and then picked a bizarre moment to pull the trigger.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

I thought the Cisse-Evans incident lead to both getting 6 game bans, with Cisse getting an extension for it being another red?

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Not the most exciting game last night. Well played to Reading for having 70% of the ball and doing jack shit with it. And yeah that "13 - Reading Fans" on the back of the match programme was really dumb.

10 games to go, and I'm willing to guess another 5 wins should see us there. So let's bring it on home.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

There's a post-match quote in the Telegraph from Nakhi Wells where he said that he did make some contact with Ritchie after being distracted in appealing the possible Shelvey handball before the incident. My eyesight is shit so took me a while to spot, but there is a little contact from NW on MR. It may well be that the faint touch from Wells was enough to send one of Ritchie's legs into the other, which a few pundits on various outlets have suggested, but its fair both that its a soft award and its conceivable the possible handball could've been penalised first. Both pens were soft, although with the one Shelvey one, my initial thought was "Why be in a position to be penalised in the fucking first place?"

Even accounting for the misconception of hands on the ball, I don't think Ward fully had the ball under control. He seems to try to control what is probably a slippery ball by bringing it into his chest but ends up dragging it against Murphy's standing foot, which leads to the ball pinging off it and away, and it looks like a challenge Murphy is entitled to make. Saying that, as few players challenge the keeper in such a fashion that Murphy did anymore, I was surprised in real time that it wasn't flagged, and I can accept its one I'd be annoyed by. Hefele on the line could've done better, mind.

Its not exactly news the refereeing standard is shit tbf. I thought it was bad in the Prem - and clearly the shenanigans at Man U and Swansea hasn't helped - but fuck me there's been some doozies in the Championship (and lower) this season.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Several different news sources are saying Alexis Sanchez was dropped for a row with teammates that got physical.

Can't help but think he'll be playing elsewhere next season tbh.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

To be fair, Huddersfield played alright, if a bit long-shot happy. But I guess it played into our plan to hit them on the counter, which we executed very well.

In thinking about it, the issue with our penalty was less the foul by Wells - which I took a few views to spot - and more the possible handball by Shelvey in the build-up. But whatever. Either way the fact we haven't had a penalty since the reverse fixture against the Terriers (I think) means we were due luck like that.

So... 11 clear of 3rd and thanks to Forest mauling Brighton, 5 of 2nd. Path's opened up a bit now.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Hopefully used up your quota of luck with that Diame goal! That said, you make your own luck with things like that from time to time.

Clearly Lady Luck still hasn't used up the full quota yet. Which for us is a rarity.

It does look like Ritchie trips himself up, although we've had 5/6 more concrete penalties turned down at various points this season. Second does look fair - Ward doesn't get 2 hands firmly on it.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

That is a gloriously appalling bit of refereeing.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

A surprising quantity of people on Twitter seem to think Mings shouldn't have been sent off. I'm not sure - not sure if intent given the obstacle of Rooney, but surely its still dangerous play.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

My presumption is that because the ref spent an age chatting with Zlatan, he's probably not going to be banned in retrospect.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Are we expecting retrospective bans for Ibrahimovic and/or Mings? Both would deserve it for their stupidity.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Back to back Champions Leagues... great achievement. Well done.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Logan. Very watchable and the graphic violence felt justified, but overlong and Christ alive its bleak.

Just touchline I think.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Until 15-20 minutes ago I was prepared to co-opt the manner, given how much I think Bobby Madley is a tosser anyway. But as much as the award irks me, the final 10 means I don't really need to go full troll.

Diame's goal was fucking spectacular in its own slightly demented way, and the winning goal was a very fine strike. Psychologically that could also be fucking huge, not least given how formidable Brighton had been at home this season, and the fact its our first win after conceding first.

So... 8 ahead of Huddersfield and 12 on Leeds. Job's not done yet, but the path's getting clearer.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Interestingly, the referee for tonight's Brighton v Newcastle game is apparently a Huddersfield Town fan. And he's not liked that much anyway by NUFC fans after his officiating of the Tyne-Wear Derby at the Stadium of Light last season.

Wonder what chance a controversial call that means a key NUFC player just happens to be banned for the game in West Yorkshire on Saturday?

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Sort of like that clip from 1998 or whenever Barnsley were in the Premier League of Tykes fans who were claiming a ref who sent off 3 of their players in a game was being paid to keep the likes of Spurs, Newcastle and Everton in the Prem at their expense?

Meh. I wouldn't mind seeing Brighton and Huddersfield in the Prem. But I guess now its the thunderdome for us, given those trips to the AMEX, John Smith and Madejski in a week... although ironically I feel more comfortable with them all being away than I would've done with all 3 being home games, given our oddly patchier record at SJP this season. Hopefully there'll be a bit more about Newcastle today than those FA Cup failures at the AMEX earlier this decade.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Only Premier League defeat so far and it had to be the bottom club's first win of the season. Standard.

Nice to see this carrying on for the moment though.

So MUFC won the thing.

Southampton did look & sound they gave it a decent go tbf, and very unlucky on the incorrect offside at 0-0.

Read my FM Career A Little Bit Of History Changing

Well, given the recovery to get a point and Huddersfield also failing to win, its not as bad as it could've been. Still not great though to lose 2 points to a side who have spent most of their time since October losing.

Makes Brighton on Tuesday even bigger. Even moreso if they can see it home against Reading.