Tommy Hughes - Comments

#575736 [FM20] Unlock Japanese Club Overview Panel Skin
433
Could this please be made for FM 21?
#575470 Derbies Overhaul 2.1 - 500 NEW
433

Great! This file is a must for me. Also, do you think you'll be making the realistic injuries for FM21? I've enjoyed that one as well.
#575321 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
433
Hi, I install this for first time. Is v1.4 full version? Or should I begin with v1.0 and continue with all versions? Thanks

Install every pack from first to last, in that order, and you'll get the newest version of every adboard and working configs.
#574407 Wrexham Changes[FM21]
433
Sorry but it appears there are no free mirrors available?
#574354 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
433
Should I delete the folders of 2100, 2101 and 2111 or should I delete 2110 as well?

I noticed that, unlike in the Beta version, the \2110\ folder included edt & lnc subfolders as well as the dbc one, so I deleted them and copied the fixed ones in that folder as well. Just to be sure. 🙂
#574320 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
433
Is it just me or does the FM 2021 Resource Archiver do the same exact thing that FM 2020 Resource Archiver when used on FM 21 - nothing? I cannot browse or extract anything. It does not show the contents of the archives at all.

EDIT:
All of a sudden it worked, kind of. I was able to extract the contents of \simatch\ third time of asking, even though I still cannot browse the contents of archives in the Resourse Archiver...
#573683 FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.3 for FM20.4.1 [released on 28/04/2020]
433
I experienced a problem, I noticed that 18/11/2020 the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2000 2001 2010 2020 2030 and 2040 have been changed. Not only dbc, edt and lnc...but have been replaced also 2000_fm, 2010_fm and so on, so nofake is not working and German national teams are all grey. There is a way to solve this problem?

Just like mons said, I haven't noticed Steam updating FM 2020 either, so the files you mentioned should not have been changed recently by an update. There must be something else causing the issue.
#572599 New FM21 for xbox!
433
Yeah, the basic UI isn't really console-friendly to begin with. I'd imagine it can get very tiring to have to continuously drag the pointer across the screen and click around back and forth. Wonder how easy it is to find a suitable mouse and keyboard for Xbox, because that seems a must if you play FM a lot.
#572307 Toot Toot - The Owls
433
These were very entertaining, well written posts! I really enjoyed them. Reading about your history with Football Manager reminded me so much of my own and brought back great memories. It's moments like this when I realise how big a part of my life football is, how many positive things it brings me personally and how many people from different backgrounds I've met and connected with both through the internet and in the sport IRL.

To imagine this community is full of similar stories, football-related lifestyles and impactful experiences connected to Championship Manager and Football Manager... we're all connected through it, and get to enjoy the content, ideas and passion shared by us all. It really is one of the more remarkable game series, phenomena and communities around the gaming world.
#572261 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
433
Just tried these for the first time and they look great in the beta. Great work & really adds to the game immersion.

Just wondered if you would be able to sneak in some static boards for Montrose when you do your next update? 😉

I don't mean to promise anything on behalf of rabcp, but I'm sure it would help your cause if you could provide some pictures of the adboards at Montrose's stadium.
#571377 Former Internationals Improvements
Thanks for the pics!
Do you know what their role is in Football Manager games? Are they those "non-active" people - pundits and club legends - that various media sources interview ahead of big matches etc.?
#570405 England - English Leagues Level 1-6 SS'2020/21 Relink! (25/11/20)
433
do these work for fm21 beta ??

Yes, they do. If there are some isues with third kits or kit colors, those will be dealt with when the full game is released, but most kits will be fully compatible with the beta version.
#570400 sortitoutsi Backgrounds Megapack Home thread *FM21 Update 2021.00 Released* [10/11/2020] - NO REQUESTS - torrent now available -
433
there is a torrent version of the full download

I've already downloaded the full FM 21 background pack (sortitoutsi_backgrounds_megapack_2021.00.zip) but this new config.xml is the only thing I'm missing now. 🙂

EDIT: What I mean is I cannot download the new updated config.xml you linked to your post above. It doesn't show any free mirrors, only the ad for the Premium Membership.
#570397 sortitoutsi Backgrounds Megapack Home thread *FM21 Update 2021.00 Released* [10/11/2020] - NO REQUESTS - torrent now available -
433
could you please test this config for me?

Thanks, I would but when I click the file name it takes me to the download screen but there are no free download methods available. I'm not a premium member, you see.
#570365 sortitoutsi Backgrounds Megapack Home thread *FM21 Update 2021.00 Released* [10/11/2020] - NO REQUESTS - torrent now available -
433
This is a work in progress... but the download is working (both full download and torrent). If any problem it is the config. But as I just wrote before... please have patience.... Hopefully bye tomorrow I will have my fm21 installed and have the possibility to check everything.

Must be something caused by the config. I downloaded the latest megapack and prioritised it in loading order by adding a "1" at the beginning of the folder name in \graphics\backgrounds. FM 21 would not show the backgrounds or even stadium pictures. As soon as I moved the newest pack way down in loading order by replacing the "1" with "z", the older background pictures I had from my FM 19 and FM 20 worked just fine.
#569833 Can you install skins on the beta version of the game?
433
I can't share it directly, as there are elements that may come from other content creators and I am unable to credit them as I don't store that information as I only edit skins these days for personal use.

You can download the FM20 base skin with background support though, and make the following changes to utilise it in FM21:
SIGames Forum Thread
Open skin_config.xml (in notepad or similar) and edit the parent value to "fm" and the required_version value to "21.0.0"

If you keep the name of the skin as per the folder, those should be all the changes you need to make, but you can then start adding your own panels and graphics (and testing to make sure it still works correctly when you add stuff).

Wonderful stuff! Thank you so much for your help!
#569650 Can you install skins on the beta version of the game?
- - -
I use a minimally edited skin to allow backgrounds and get rid of things like the white box on the scouting screen etc, and with the required changes, it has loaded fine (I should stress that this is "so far" - I haven't yet tested on all screens or during a match etc).

This minimally edited skin you mentioned sounds like a neat thing to have, especially during this beta stage when I can't even browse the .fmf files with FM 2020's Archiver Tool. (It saddens and worries me that I'm not able to edit the sounds and sound triggers of FM 2021. Hopefully it'll be possible once the "official game" launches...)

Is there any way you could share the basic skin you've made for FM 2021?
#569574 Can you install skins on the beta version of the game?
433
I tried dropping one of my skins from FM2020 into the skins folder and loading it in but I didn't get an option to switch from the basic skin.

Unfortunately FM 21 won't accept a skin made for FM 20. It was the same with FM 20 and skins originally made for FM 19 etc. I remember back in the day you were able to at least edit the transparency level of the backgrounds yourself, without using a complete new skin made for that specific iteration of the game. Those were good times, because that way I could apply the background picture packs straight away in the beta stage of FM. Nowadays things don't work the same way, and we have no choice but to look at the default backgrounds and layout until the official version of the game and the Archiver Tools get released and people are able to start creating skins for FM 21.
#569569 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
433
This patch will work in the new game just some static adboards would not be in there correct positions if stadium models change. I have been debating about not doing an FM21 patch and just sticking to FM20 for the next year. I have yet to pre-order FM21 as I am far from impressed with it, it looks like a glorified data update and renaming tabs in the team talk and calling it a key new feature is poor.

Not completely decided yet though, what are other people’s thoughts on FM21? I’ve had a look over at the sigames forums but any constructive debate is impossible due to heavy handed moderation and too many fan boys who can never accept any faults with the game...

Hey!
I was originally unimpressed with the "new" features and was considering just kicking a water bottle and not buying the latest game first time in years. However, I was convinced when I found out about the match engine and animation changes, which should (I've yet to play an actual match in FM21 because I'm slowly setting up my first beta save) improve the match experience immensely and add more realistic variety to it. Pretty much all the Steam reviews so far seem to reflect that as well.
#569219 FM21 Full Game is out
433
What's really worrying me, when browsing through the FM 2021 folders, is the lack of ---\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2021\data\simatch\events folder. It has always been there and I've been able to edit the sounds and sound triggers in match_sounds.cfg and match_events.xml. Now there's an fmf package in \data\ named simatch.fmf that surely contains the forementioned match event & sound files, but for the first time, I am unable to view the contents of the .fmf packed files in the previous FM's (2020) Resource Archiver Tool. That makes me fear that SI are going to block any altering (read: improving) of the graphical contents, sounds etc. of this years game. That would be quite unprecedented - and very sad for someone like me who always mods most elements of each year's game - especially the match sounds - to make a more realistic and enjoyable experience.

Fingers crossed there will be an archiver tool for this year's game as well and the great community is able to work its magic as per usual. Frankly the game would not feel the same if that wasn't the case. 😢
#568667 Your Beta Save FM'21
433
For the beta save, perhaps an exciting fight for survival with Fulham or Brighton in the Premier League or Sheffield Wednesday or Coventry in the Championship.

There are many interesting clubs playing in the second tier of Spain as well...

And Nacional da Madeira in Portuguese Liga NOS is a club I'd like to make a return to, having managed them in FM 2019...

There really is an abundance of intriguing options out there!
#568446 When would you recommend to start?
Hello guys,

I usually play a savegame for month and therefore I wanted to know when you would recommend me to start.
Like when will be the big data patch and licences fix avaible? 🙂

best regards!
Adrian

If you mean when should you start a save in FM 2021, then the real names and licenses fix usually gets released the same day as the beta, only some hours later, so it might be worth the wait so that you get to have the correct names etc. in your first beta save.
I can't really say about the other patches, though.
#567963 Czech Fortuna CFL A 3D'2020/21 for FM20/21 New! (06/11/20)
433
Cannot download for some reason. It reads "Download" above the "Date created" etc. but there's no actual Download button to be found, only the text "Download".
#567713 sortitoutsi Backgrounds Megapack Technical Support thread
Hi!
I'm currently trying to download the latest update packs, but 2020.08 and 2020.10 in particular are so big that I get 5 1/2 hour timeouts in Mega and therefore downloading a whole huge pack takes an entire day... and I'd really prefer no to leave my computer and internet running for hours on end while I'm away from home.

Would you happen to have these packs as as torrent, please?

Also, many thanks for the latest Cut Out Facepack torrent file! It made downloading the Cut Out Facepack update very nice and easy.
#565487 FM20 Data Tweaks v6.1 [07/10/2020]
433
Peter Chech is registered as a player so he can be their emergency keeper, should injuries, bans etc. cause them to need one. This is often the case with ex-keepers who are gk coaches in their club and have a backup player role just in case. I think this change basically should be implemented in the data file, although to my knowledge, the Sortitoutsi Data Update already has this change applied.
#564384 England - English Leagues Level 1-6 SS'2020/21 Relink! (25/11/20)
433
Great job as always. I still don't understand why the kits cant be done as a megapack like the players picture and club logos...
I appreciate that packs are done individually, but why you cant collate them into an individual download ill never know..

Its a massive ball ache checking out this thread to see if there's a new pack....

Here's one reason: Just imagine the potential gonad pain it would cause to download a whole - let's say 400 mb to 1 gb sized - ss kit & 3D kit megapack (especially on a slow connection) just becuse the megapack is being re-released again and again after few new third kits are being added into one or two of the leagues. It would be either that or you'd have to wait weeks or months before the suitable mega pack was released and you were able to begin your new save and use the 3D kits of your chosen team with the SSKCC editor data file that makes the custom kits show up the right way in the match engine.

I think this current way is simpler and easier, especially when there are many different kitmakers, who tend to compile their own kitpacks and adding them together into one pack would certainly take a lot of time for whomever was tasked with it.
#563453 Football Manager 2020 realistic match engine patch
433
I think there's a way to force the game to use the edited json file as a default.

You can unpack and repack a game file archive with the archiver, using the FM Archiver tool. That way you can unpack a packaged FM archive into a folder, then copy your edited json file over the default version in that folder. Then just repack the folder into an archive file with the archiver tool, and done!

Also @RellomQ Don't worry about your little mistake. Those are bound to happen sometimes, and despite them, you have done a great job.
#563262 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
433
#562739 Strange issue with Download buttons suddenly not working in Mozilla Firefox browser
433
Hey @Tommy Hughes, nothing has changed.

I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be working, it's just normal HTML.

Is it possible an adblocker or some other virus software intercepting?

My virus protection consists solely of Win 10 firewall and antivirus. Haven't noticed any changes or updates altely. Also tested disabling Adblocker, but the button still did not work. It's so strange that a basic website element stops from working all of a sudden. I just cannot recall anything that would've changed in my system around that time.

But thanks for your help all the same!
#562532 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
433
I hope this issue can be resolved in a way that benefits the community, and leaves rabcb and crackvictor satisfied as well. I dread the thought of there being two separate great adboard versions out there and having to choose only one of them to use. It would be a big waste of formidable talent and working hours.

I admireand appreciate the work and creativity of all the content creators and contributors of our community. Hopefully this issue can still be discussed and settled for the optimal outcome.