Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 24 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 174222 changes from 629 contributors.
hammer9 commented on: SS 20/21 WIP Thread New!
Tooj commented on: 🛠️ Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
MVC commented on: 3D Kits for Romania 2020-2021 :)
MVC added a topic: 3D Kits for Romania 2020-2021 :)
A new version of our data update was released with 174168 changes from 629 contributors.
Qvordrup commented on: 🛠️ Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
kingrobbo commented on: [FM20] Found an error in our database[Players+Staff Changes Only]
_r2d2 commented on: fm20 closes with epic games
_r2d2 added a topic: fm20 closes with epic games
Filippo Baiocchi commented on: [FM20] Found an error in our database[Players+Staff Changes Only]
hammer9 commented on: SS Template Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 174125 changes from 628 contributors.
Changi007 commented on: 3 Man F9 Attack
nikolaosaek commented on: greek faces
Shooto commented on: SS Template Thread
hammer9 commented on: England - English Leagues Level 1-6 SS'2020/21 Relink! (19/09/20)
Shooto commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
Parker26 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
Parker26 added a download: Ümraniyespor Teampack
A new version of our data update was released with 174031 changes from 628 contributors.
Ryan801 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
Tooj commented on: ⬇️ Download Thread - *FM20 Update 9 Released* [15/09/2020] - 2020.01 avaible via torrent
bolid74 commented on: England - English Leagues Level 1-6 SS'2020/21 Relink! (19/09/20)
A new version of our data update was released with 174007 changes from 628 contributors.
Parker26 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
Parker26 added a download: GMG Kastamonuspor Teampack
Tommy Hughes Comments
@mons
FM 2020 had some minor update today. I checked the \db\ folders and some of them have been affected. There's at least a file named "transfer updates.dbc" in the folder: ...Steam\steamapps\common\\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2040\dbc\ that had either been added by or altered by the update.

Do you recon a new version of Real Names Fix is required?

Thanks!
Hi,

Installed the latest update and everything seemed fine, but I am having a problem with the Europa league.. It was progressing fine like normal, teams playing each other and all that, but there has been no group stage draw, and there are no matches for it.

When I am scheduled to play a match against a group stage team(without it being drawn yet) it will just say unknown and doesn't give me the chance to play them. Therefore just skipping past it like its not there.

My champions league works fine but am wondering if anyone else has the same problem here?

This issue has been discussed here earlier today:
Hello, I have only one issue. Celje 3D HOME kit doesn't work. Away is ok. I tried everything. Please help.

I think I know what the issue is.

In the config of the Slovenian 3D kit pack there were lines:

<record from="celje_a" to="graphics/pictures/team/7580000/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="celje_h" to="graphics/pictures/team/7580000/kit_textures/home"/>

I searched for the ID of Celje (here: https://sortitoutsi.net/search/database?q=celje&game_id=11&type=team) and it seems the club ID in the config was wrong.

Open the config file in Notepad and change the lines to:

<record from="celje_a" to="graphics/pictures/team/1637/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="celje_h" to="graphics/pictures/team/1637/kit_textures/home"/>

Just to make people aware, I am working on a PhD fulltime, this means leagues will be released in bursts followed by some periods of no releases, rest assured more are coming. Remember this year isn't like normal, whilst I would have most league files done by now seasons also used to finish in May not July/August.

European changes (CL and EL) will be added when the finals are concluded (if either of them would influence next season, obviously if Sevilla v Inter and RB/PSG v Bayern are the finals as each finished in the CL places already it won't be an issue and the file will be released sooner).

Thank you for explaining, and good luck with the PhD!
Made these Palmeiras kits and thought it would be nice to share them here.
https://i.imgur.com/M2u39mJ_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=grand https://i.imgur.com/xHstUZy_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=grand

Nice, but they show up as html documents to me, instead of .png pictures.
Hi

If I release other version, I will include it.

Much appreciated!

I don't recognize the logo. Which team's shirts are these? Thanks!
Right, great timing from the Watford owners to implode and sack Nigel Pearson and Craig Shakespeare NOW. As if the team's fight for survival wasn't tricky enough without the extra disruption and uncertainty.
They should at least respect and support the club's players enough to leave it for later to dispose of the manager, whatever the sudden grievance. (That is, unless old aggressive Pearson has gone punching half the squad's lips open on the training ground, in which case I'll take my words back.)

I honestly think Pearson had done a terrific job to help them get to the position they currently are, remembering their form back before his appointment. Few days ago a new contract was hinted and now this???
He's not right at all.

You could say the last 18-24 months, but definitely without doubt the last 12 months he's been off.

Henderson will come back from Sheffield United next year no doubt and De Gea will remain number one, but as soon as he makes an error he'll be dropped.

De Gea still makes plenty of difficult saves, but lets in easy attempts far too often. When the shot faced won't require a powerful dive, but rather a collapsing save and holding the ball, his defenders will occationally witness the shot go "through him" (bobble under his body/bounce off his grasp) and into the net. It's like De Gea's not concentrating well enough on the easy-looking shots, which is very odd for a keeper of his class. Surely after one or two slip-ups you'd decide to mentally prepare yourself to be super sharp in those kinds of situations to correct the trend. We all know the ability is there. It's basic mental preparation for pro athletes (and us amateurs as well) to fine-tune the way you anticipate certain situations and react to them.

Remember when De Gea was shaky dealing with crosses at the beginning of his Man United career? Turned out he needed either contact lenses or eye surgery (they went with the latter) to correct a case of short-sightedness or astigmatism. When he came back after the surgery, he was as assured as they come. But now, I really don't know what is going on this time.

Hey do you know what's the .ivf file for live ad boards and how to create/convert one

Unfortunately I don't. Sorry.

I think rabcb has posted some instructions about them, though. See the "How to make a Video Adboard" section here: https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/51987/fm20-adboard-patch-coming-soon

No, they're two different Adboard packs and not the same.
@DannyMesser93 i cant find thats away blue, white word, may blue word but there you go! And ill updated them on Championship 19/20 soon

You mean "Play Responsibly"
Doesn't matter really, it's a minor detail, but just wanted to point it out.

Much appreciated!

"Scumchester Apart" as they should now be known have got a bit of a bland kit, thought they were getting a nicer one with larger black/yellow blocks but no, guess they bottled that as well as their reputation.

Indeed, they don't seem to be working hard to keep the club and supporters (and football fans in general) united at the moment. I wonder when they're going to start suing their own fans for holding a fan-made banner or plackard that has the club logo on it.

Kotoko forgot to delete J League logo on the arm

Good spot!
One more thing, this time specifically addressed to the administrators of Sortitoutsi.net:

I do not know whether the subject in question is a controversial one in some official way. I would hope not, as I can't see non-abusive discussion over the current news posing any issues.

However, if the discussion I started in this thread proves somehow inappropriate or against some special rule that I am not aware of, I understand if you were forced to remove my comments. I'd only ask you to please, inform me about it and not slam me with an official personal warning for something that was not written in foul language, did not maliciously attack anyone etc. I'm not trolling here, and I do seriously mean that, with utmost respect.

Thank you!
Yeah, maybe we should just cut the whining club that wants to isolate itself from everyone else out of every football game out there.

It's a shame, since FM is a simulation trying to be as authentic as possible, where as FIFA is an arcade football game morphed into a gambling machine. (I wish I didn't have to put down FIFA, I remember when I was a kid and enjoyed playing it, but that was long before the legendary player cards that you may or may not be able to find in your loot box if you're super lucky... sigh. Just writing that makes me so somber.)

Now, a game such as FIFA might be, or might have already been, interested in making some special deals with big clubs and paying for their involvement in games and, I guess, loaning a bit of their "winning culture and its brand values” to sell some more in-app purchases and what-not, but to demand a similar monetary payment as a kind of a deal from a sports simulation game... Geesh! To compare the two is not that simple.

Have you seen this yet?

Manchester United are leading the way and demonstrating how the sport of football - once equally everybody's game, a "global language", a healthy sport, a dream job and inspiration of youth all around the world, an actual culture somewhat bigger than the sum of its parts, and of course a huge business as well - is being sold from under us.

Excerpt:
"As big sports organisations are wont to do, Manchester United are getting touchy about the use of their name. The English Premier League have filed a complaint against Sega and Sports Interactive for the use of the team’s name in the Football Manager series. They take issue with how the series may “benefit from an association with the club’s winning culture and its brand values” without actually forking over cash to licence the team’s crest."

Hold on.
“benefit from an association with the club’s winning culture and its brand values” Wait, their what? Is that... self irony?

Another source (and my response to it below it):

This is absolutely pathetic and completely against general football culture and fandom. (I'm talking about football the sport, not the sleazy business that's hijacking football little by little as our sport is being sold away from us, the supporters, amateur players and followers, piece by piece.)

Also, this quote: "Sega and SI “encouraged” the use of downloadable patches containing replica trademarks which are supplied by third parties, Malynicz said."

That is utter nonsense. Even if it were the case that SI wanted to encourage people to download these "replica trademarks" they would never dare actually officially do so. This is just lawyer-talk, i.e. turning a thing into something else just by saying that is the case. No need for evidence, no need for facts.
The lawyers are like: Okay, we know some people do create these custom club logos for their communities (free of charge, with no financial gain, fair and square, just like PC games have been always modded...) so let's declare that SI are urging people to do so. Yeah, that sounds efficient! Let's just say they are responsible of that and let them try and clear their name and prove their innocence. That is not how fair and just legal debate/negotiation is done. It just tells me the club has opted for certain types of lawyers to handle their "case" - the bloodhounds that go for the results, damn the actual truth. Ever seen "Better Call Saul", by the way?

I'd say Manchester United (oh, can I even use their registered name here at all, or should I pay them, say £100 a pop for it?!) have taken a lead in the one-club competition of becoming the most greedy and petty football club in the world. Might as well, since that'll be the only World Club Cup they'll be lifting for a long time. Greedy anti-supporter/anti-football-aficionado moves like this are one more piece of evidence and indication of the current turbulent era at the great club with proud history - now reduced to a ship steered by money, lust for instant short-term results and lack of football knowledge instead of vision, patient planning and long-term investments. MU is not my club, but I do feel bad for their fans.

Also, which is more profitable - both in terms of money and in terms of the amount of followers of the sport of football - for big clubs like Manchester United, destroying football-management-related games or allowing people all over the world to manage Manchester United in a football management game? The answer is childishly simple, and yet, people who should know more about football than a very low level life-long amateur player and football aficionado like myself, are clearly leading their legendary crown ship through the biggest storm in the post-Ferguson era blind in the night, without any sense of direction.

Sad. It's just sad.

(For the record, as I mentioned, I am not a Manchester United fan, but yet I do not hold any kind of animosity or jealousy towards them outside this particular licence issue, and in the actual realm of football I have always sympathised them and wished them well in continental competitions etc.)

With the release of madScientistFM's new DB i decided to make a let's play with Leeds, it's a perfect time to have a really difficult challenge saving them, you can watch along on my YouTube!
Here is the link to the YouTube video, episode 1:

It's my first let's play, so any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks for the video!
I like the way you introduced the settings and presented both, the club and the task at hand. I also appreciate you not skipping the process of creating your first tactics and starting lineup. There are so many different ways to approach a new save and it's interesting to see how other people go about planning the shape and strategic identity of a team.

I enjoyed watching a save played on this particular database, because the point of time in question is from many years ago, which makes it fresh to watch, but yet it isn't too old for me to remember most of the players involved. It feels nicely cozy and nostalgic to me.

I was close to managing the old underdog Leeds team in few different Football Managers back in the day and it will be a very interesting project to follow, for sure! Good luck and let's go, "Super Leeds United!"

Hi

Use this filçe. Put it in the panels folder of the skin (the weight and height will be displayed in the attributes panel).

It works! Thank you so much!
@flut
Hi flut and thanks for the great skin!

I would hope to be able to change one small thing, though: when I move my mouse pointer over a player's name, it shows a mini profile box. I remember that box used to contain the height of the player, but now that I use the flut skin it doesn't. Being able to quickly see a player's height would be really nice, because it saves me the trouble of clicking into each player's profile to find out whether they should be positioned to defend a set piece or whether they're a dangerous opponent in crossed ball situations etc.

I'd appreciate any help, because I've been searching through the files, but am still out of ideas.
can this be done for fm 2020 the crowd sounds terrible?

Yes, it can be done for FM 20.
We had a chat over this topic, and decided to keep doing "real kits". It's easier to remove the clubs that wants to be removed, due to legal issues, than making all clubs without logos. It's still unsure if other clubs will react negatively, but we take the chance for now. So we will, for now, create lots of great packs

Glad to hear that! I think it's a good decision, because I don't believe many clubs & sponsors actually mind the extra visibility.
You're very welcome! Chivas and Guadalajara are different names for the same team.

Oh, ok. Strange that the database search didn't indicate that. Anyway, it's nice to see Mexican kits being made, they've been rare lately.
C.D. Guadalajara Home kit

Thanks for the 3D kit!

There's only one little thing I wanted to correct:
When I saved the shirt picture it suggested the file to be named as "chivas1". I then compared the logo on the kit to the Guadalajara and Chivas clubs' logos in Sortitoutsi's FM database - and it really matches Chivas, not Guadalajara.
Sadly this is going to keep rising if people continue to ignore the Lockdown rules!

I work in the Emergency Services, and the amount of people I see out and about as if it is a normal day is shocking. Not to mention people continuing to cough and spit on us and claim to have the disease.

Take care, mate. I wish you all the best!
What do you mean?

I think they're suggesting that the man in the picture does not look like a 38-year-old. He does appear much more middle-aged to me as well.

Will this work with the latest update? I've only just bought the game today

Yes, it still works fine.
Sorry I seem to be balls at posting images. If anyone could give precise detailed instructions on how to post the 1024px images in the comment that would be great.

Let me know if this works.

I think it worked this time. Thanks!