Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 11 minutes ago
kosic commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
kosic commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
Rashidi added a video: Kingstonian Diaries Ep 23 Football Manager 2020
mons commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0 for FM20.3.0 [released on 20/02/2020]
Footygamer added a video: FM20 Manchester United Career Mode | Fixing Man United Ep39 | Football Manager 2020 Stream Replay
Koen ten Buuren commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0 for FM20.3.0 [released on 20/02/2020]
A new version of our data update was released with 7356 changes from 56 contributors.
Kriss commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
Delvi commented on: ID of journalists and logos for Media
Delvi added a topic: ID of journalists and logos for Media
VP. commented on: 2019/20 Europa League
WhiteH commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 7327 changes from 56 contributors.
M6 commented on: 3D Template Kits Thread for FM18-19 only
rfreixo commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
rfreixo added a download: Mixpack req11 Mixpack
NCJesster commented on: Rags to Riches Overnight!
ZoneGaming commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
hammer9 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 7322 changes from 55 contributors.
hammer9 commented on: Serbia - All leagues Megapack SS'2019/20 Relink! (07/02/20)
hammer9 commented on: 3D Template Kits Thread for FM20 only
hammer9 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
Footygamer added a video: MANCHESTER UNITED CAREER MODE NEW SEASON LIVE NOW - FM20 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2020 SAVE
steesh86 commented on: Spain - Liga Santander SS'2019/20 Relink! (26/01/20)
SirTAVARES commented on: FM20 Data Tweaks v1.7 [27/02/2020]
A new version of our data update was released with 7300 changes from 55 contributors.
snyxie commented on: FM20 Data Tweaks v1.7 [27/02/2020]
julkjulk commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
julkjulk added a download: Colomiers Teampack
bd5 Comments
I think I may have figured it out. I duplicated MLS so that it got a new unique ID and marked "old" MLS as extinct. Then I went through CCL and everywhere else that mentioned "old" MLS and switched it to the new duplicated one. I tested it, and the 33% charge was gone and as far as I could tell everything worked fine, but I didn't sim any seasons, just tested selling players inside and outside of the league. But I'm having an issue getting it to run with the Canadian database. I have the load order go USA-Canada-CONCACAF which means Canada tells me there aren't enough/too many teams for the various leagues. If Canada is loaded first, then MLS has 0 teams. So, somewhere in the process I must've messed something up. Still working on that one.

Alright, so I'm having some issues again. I've removed the 33% income tax rule from Nation-USA-Tax Rules, but I'm still getting the 33% sell on fee for MLS. I also tested out some other USA edited databases, and some of them have that income tax still in the list, but MLS doesn't take 33%.
Awesome thank you so much!
Where do you go to remove that 33%? I can't seem to find it in the USA section in the advanced rules (or even more likely am looking for the wrong thing). If I understand correctly, it's in the taxation section (idr the exact phrasing) where it lists the tax brackets for the players?

Yes, I do. I think they're called the Susie name fixes. It's the database that corrects the names of competitions (e.g. UCL instead of whatever the default is), make the German national team work, etc. Would I need to restart the game then to get the image packs to properly work?

Gotcha. Apparently I'm not too observant lol. So, to play stupid, starting MLS teams will always get MLS Cup competition *and* not everyone will get the US Open one? I have noticed that sometimes in the first round of both cups I'll get other first division teams or even someone's academy. Is there a way to regionalize it and/or prevent either major or really unfair matchups from happening in the first round?

Haha, I'm glad I could help! This is a great database and a whole lot of fun. Thanks again!

I have a somewhat unrelated question as well. Have you tried to make (or have suggestions how to make) an "Americas Champions League" (ACL or a similar name) analogous to UEFA CL? My general idea was that the ACL would pull the top teams from all the major leagues in both South and North America. However, CONCACAF Champions League and Copa Libertadores would still exist as analogous to Europa League where teams that crash out in the ACL, the winner of minor leagues (e.g. top Panamanian team) that lose in qualifiers for ACL, or ones that finish in lower positions in major leagues (e.g. 5th and 6th in MLS) would then be put into their respective federation's continental competitions. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Do you know if there's any way to remove MLS taking 33% of the transfer fees? I'm also having issues with the image packs working. It's unsettling to see the Houston Texans with the Mariners logo lol, and in addition some teams aren't getting any logos at all. I moved them into the graphics folder, removed other logos I'd downloaded, etc. and nothing seemed to work.

Also, I've played from 2016 to early 2020, and there's been some occasional issues with fixture congestion early on but then (sometimes) later in the season (usually starting in late February or March) there'll be a 2-3 empty weeks (sometimes including the international break) followed by some more congestion (two league matches in a week instead of one being on a previous Saturday). There's also an odd thing where there's a cup game Wednesday, no league game on Saturday, another cup game on say Wednesday before a league game the following Saturday. None of these are that major of issues, but I'm wondering if you know how to fix this.

Another question too lol: for the World Series and other cups is it always original MLB teams or is it somehow tied to where a team is in the pyramid?

I'm really loving this. Thanks for making it!

I think I may have figured it out. I went through and tested with a number of other teams. The only ones I had issues with were the Sounders and Galaxy. As it turns out, those are also the ones with local TV deals. I took those out, and the problem went away. I haven't simulated too far into the future yet to make sure, but I'm hopeful that resolves it. But I haven't tested/checked if any lower level teams have local deals either.

Great thank you.
Hey, I'm really enjoying the 2017 build of this database. However, I'm having a pretty big problem--I'm not getting the full TV money in MLS. Instead of however many millions, it says $999,999 in TV rights. I've checked the lower leagues, and they all appear to get theirs. In addition, teams promoted from NASL to MLS get the TV money that's supposed to be awarded at the start of the season to all MLS teams. I just realized that I've only tested this out with Seattle, so I don't know for sure if that's the only (or one of the few) teams not receiving the money or not. I've run simulations for years and keep running into the same problem. I've made some minor changes to your database (e.g. bigger transfer funds for the MLS clubs in the first season, more money for U.S. Open Cup, etc.) but even when I tested the original I still had this problem. I'm curious if you ran into this issue as well? Thanks.