iamadamsky
6 years ago
4 years ago
Im a complete FM newbie but ive taken to it like a duck to water. I cant wait for 18 but im lovin FM17 and all its depth, something i found sorely lacking in the FIFA series as they never cared enough to make it even slightly interesting from a managerial perspective.
Anyway im downloading all 30 facepacks. The 19 main ones plus the 11 with changes. Im not entirely sure if i need all of them and what the 'changes' packs are.
In regards to installing them, is it just a matter of creating the relevant folders for logos, faces etc in the Sports Interactive graphics folder then clearing cache in preferences? Will it affect save game files? Do i need to start a new game. Lastly is there anything else im missing or stuff to add i havent mentioned?
Also thankyou to the creative hardworking people who have gone to these painstaking lengths to allow me a more immersive experience. I salute you!

Adamsky
mons
17 years ago
17 hours ago
Im a complete FM newbie but ive taken to it like a duck to water. I cant wait for 18 but im lovin FM17 and all its depth, something i found sorely lacking in the FIFA series as they never cared enough to make it even slightly interesting from a managerial perspective.
Anyway im downloading all 30 facepacks. The 19 main ones plus the 11 with changes. Im not entirely sure if i need all of them and what the 'changes' packs are.
In regards to installing them, is it just a matter of creating the relevant folders for logos, faces etc in the Sports Interactive graphics folder then clearing cache in preferences? Pretty much, yes. Will it affect save game files? As far as I'm aware, all graphic files are save-game compatible and can be added, edited and removed without any issues, although you may need to close FM and restart to see some of the changes. Do i need to start a new game. You can if you want to , but it's not necessary to see newly-added graphics Lastly is there anything else im missing or stuff to add i havent mentioned? Have a look at this page for starters. I may be biased as I take care of it but I think the licenses fix is pretty much essential
Also thankyou to the creative hardworking people who have gone to these painstaking lengths to allow me a more immersive experience. I salute you!

Adamsky

Hi there,

First of all, you may want to consider downloading the torrent file containing the main 9.0 facepack instead of the 30 individual split packs. You would still need to download the 11 update packs to be up-to-date, but that is of course optional.

By way of background information, the 9.0 pack was released in October 2016. Every month or so, we release an update pack to capture the cuts produced by the community in order to increase, and in some cases improve, the megapack image repository, Prior to the release of FM18, we will release the 10.0 megapack including the whole base megapack, and the whole process will start again. The good thing about this is that if you kept up-to-date with the previous version of the file, then you will not need to download the whole gigantic file again from scratch every year

I've also answered your other questions in italics in your quoted post
iamadamsky
6 years ago
4 years ago
Hi there,

First of all, you may want to consider downloading the torrent file containing the main 9.0 facepack instead of the 30 individual split packs. You would still need to download the 11 update packs to be up-to-date, but that is of course optional.

By way of background information, the 9.0 pack was released in October 2016. Every month or so, we release an update pack to capture the cuts produced by the community in order to increase, and in some cases improve, the megapack image repository, Prior to the release of FM18, we will release the 10.0 megapack including the whole base megapack, and the whole process will start again. The good thing about this is that if you kept up-to-date with the previous version of the file, then you will not need to download the whole gigantic file again from scratch every year

I've also answered your other questions in italics in your quoted post

Thankyou very much.I didnt see the torrent file damnit! Ive only got 5 changes files to go and they are small But great info cheers!

You'll need to Login to comment