mons - Comments

#575921 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
Well, i did start a new game after applying the files, so im not sure if i have to start a new game again or i did something wrong 🙂

Do you have a different user data folder perchance? Maybe you save your graphics there for example?

Do we have to remove and copy/paste the files in the 2110 folder as well ?

No need. You can if it makes you feel better, no difference 😉
#575895 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
Hello, First time i got issues with this brillliant piece of work. But i just redownloaded all the files and applied them to a somewhat degree of success as the only issue is that juventus is still called Zebre -.- my editor file map is attached.

Club names are only changed if you apply the editor data files before starting a new game. For a workaround if you've already started a new save-game, then please read the opening post of this thread. It's even in the screenshot you uploaded 🙂

Hello,

Brand new to this site and forum so please bear with me. I've downloaded the game on Epic Games for my Macbook. I've pasted the 9 "fmf" files into the "Editor Data" folder.

My main issue is that when I search for the three file types to delete, I do not find any of them. I can locate a "db" file but inside that are further folders with no files inside.

From my rudimentary work I get the Juventus name change (No badge - I have a logo pack to add) and the Brazilian League appears to stay as three lettered names.

I apologise for my stupidity and very below power computer knowledge, but any help would be appreciated by anyone.

Not really your fault. We have instructions for Epic Games installations, and instructions for Mac installations, but not when both apply. What about if you try and use the Epic Games installation method outlined in the main post? Do you see the folders in question in that manner?

Very comprehensive work - I have downloaded an alternative name fix for competitions somewhere for the previous version, which had the competitions with their 'proper' names instead of sponsor names (however in English and not the native language). Does anyone know where to find such a file? And whilst it would make the plug & play nature of the fix obsolete, would you consider including it as an alternative editor file (one would than have to untick a tick at the start of the game from the two alternatives, possibly a mental exercise too steep to some visitors of this forum), it would provide a nice change for people not wanting to be bombarded with brand names in their downtime.

You're asking me to essentially rework the whole competition and award files to have them in a format not dissimilar to the default data. I don't think you understand the time needed to do such an exercise, which is why I have no interest in doing so.

Are Juventus only fixed if you add the editor data files? I never like adding the editor data files as it effects the startup of the game.. need to click advanced setup, and further down the line I get mixed up with what is what when I have lots of other editor data files installed.

I see fmscout have their own real name fixes that doesn't include any editor data files, but not sure if it's as good. I'm tempted just to try installing this one without the editor data files.. but just wondering if Juve and Ajax will still be fixed etc?

Read the first reply to this post as to a workaround to achieve club name changes, which will mean that all club nicknames are lost. For the Ajax staff, the only way to have them is by using these files.

Tbh I can't fathom your reasoning though tbh - all editor data files effect startup of the game, that's their very reason for existing. Besides, it makes no difference what files you have in place once you've started your save so I can't see what need there is to get mixed up about what files you've used. The only time you should worry about editor data files is before starting a new game. Any changes to the composition and amount thereof you make after it's started don't affect it at all 😕

Sorry to be a pain but noticed most if not all of the UEFA competitions still have there 3 letter name as the default one, not a UEFA one, for example nations league B is EIB rather than maybe NLB with would flow better surely?

Good point. This file only fixes the 3 letter names of the European club competitions, so I'll look to fix this in any upcoming update but this change cannot be save-game compatible, unfortunately.
#575846 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
30,987
Don`t show faces in the France national teams

Download the real name fix. It's a licensing issue and nothing to do with this file.

Do you guys have Facepack for fm mobile 2021?

If you have sufficient space, then this one should work.
#575764 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
Feel free to remove my posts, I don't see right away where I can remove them :d

Nah, no harm in them, but they'll get lost in here anyway...
#575762 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
I thought I'd drop it here since it was often requested in this thread. Do you want me to make a separate thread for it?

The only previous mention of him in this thread was by you. Stretching the definition of "often" a bit there 😀

Probably better to have a separate thread, yeah.
#575756 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
Are the 6 letter names of clubs edited in this file?

Because some are really badly chosen when viewing the in-match scoreboard

Some are if the respective club name change merits it. But it would otherwise be a database rather than a licensing issue, unless I'm aware of otherwise...
#575745 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
30,987
Hi, is there a solution for the stop after 40mb download? I want to download the player faces but its always interrupted after 40mb. Got Premium membership today.

Once the site owner and administrator comes online, I'm sure he'll give it his utmost attention.
#575744 Caolan McBride
30,987
@Luke Phelan, this cut contains a bit of snow. To see how you can quickly spot and clean it, read the relevant section in this thread.
#575740 Rodolfo Monteiro
30,987
@Luís Ramalho Dias da Silva, cuts should be in 180x180 for low quality sources like this one, and 250x250 for higher quality sources.
#575725 Windows 10 and Steam
30,987
What folder for installing graphics can't you find? It's in Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2021 / graphics.
#575715 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
30,987
Hello Mons, I just added the Ajax technical staff. But I do not have their faces after downloading the mega cutout pack.. Do you have an idea what specific file I need to download to get them?

Much apreciated!

Read this 👍
#575714 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987

I'm afraid not. Post in English and I'll see how I can help.

Competition names for England Step 3 (Level 7) "BetVictor" is incorrect, should be "The Pitching In".

Thanks, will be fixed for the next version.

How can i edit the club names on mac?

Either by using the pre-game editor and changing the editor data file, or by using the equivalent of Notepad for Mac when you use the workaround in the first post.

You should see on the online database to have the right profile.
For example, Ronald De Boer has AFC Ajax as Liked Club, Louis Van Gaal as Liked People, and Feyenoord as Disliked club.

That's something which is being done in the background, but it's not really a high priority at the moment tbh.

@RoCCo_42, I'll try and add them all soon enough 👍

@phugalu, not sure what that's got to do with this file 😕
#575567 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
30,987

You haven't got the full megapack somehow, as I suspected. You have 250k images but this pack should include 279k+.

I'm afraid you may have to re-download the pack.
#575562 Kevin Ramírez
30,987
@Juancr7, please remember that all cuts must have a collar and to check each cut for snow as well. There are tutorials for any issues you may encounter with both matters within the tutorial to cutting thread.
#575559 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
Here you go.

Very strange, I've cheked and most players do have faces, but Messi doesn't... is that a thing?

Can I see a screenshot of the whole folder please? including the bit where it shows how many files are in there

Messi should definitely have a cut-out.
#575556 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
I'm a bit confused. I still got "Zebra" for Juventus. It worked for everything else.

That fix will only take effect if applied before starting a new game. If you've started a new game and you get Zebra, you haven't installed the editor data part of the download correctly.

If you've applied this download in the middle of a save game, then there's a workaround in the first post of this thread.
#575554 Keita Baldé
30,987
My bad, I don't remember the 250 squared way...

Also remember to clean your cuts from snow, all of them have a substantial amount, I'm afraid.

I've cleaned this one at my end, but do make the effort to clean them yourself next time please 👍
#575537 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
It's probably me doing something wrong, but when I install the 7-Zip file, I can't see the new dbc, edt and Inc files to use

Erm, that's the 7-zip program structure. When you downloaded this file, you extracted it somewhere - that's where you should be looking for it. No idea where it is, it's your computer 😕
#575535 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
30,987

Can I see inside the faces folder?

Also, can I see your preferences in-game?
#575523 Only able to subscribe via Paypal?
30,987
hey, there is a customer who want to support and you are neglecting him? its a shame that you dont want to add another payment option, but giving us only paypal option (its not being allowed for my country, what can I do???). I have asked this many times before (frequently for maybe 3-4 years), but you havent done anything about it. please my friend, re-consider your decision and priorities.

Did you even read what Footygamer wrote? They certainly sound like very valid reasons to me.
#575512 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
Ah ok. is it possible to have the long name on the league table?

Not necessarily because there are character limitations to it and some long names may not fit.

You can try editing the entries yourself if you're so inclined.
#575497 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
I did everything correct like your instructions says, but the names are not complete.
I only for example have Real Sociedad. But on your screenshots it should be Real Sociedad Futbol S.A.D

Depends which screen you're on. Clubs have a long name displayed on their team overview, and a short name displayed in the league table and players' history .
#575487 Rob Suker
30,987
@mons was this cut missed from 13.01?

Looks like it 😢 Apologies, I download all these manually and with the forum being so fast-moving, it's sadly inevitable there will be some I miss out on 😢

Into 13.02 it goes.
#575483 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
Looking for help!

If anyone would be so kind to assist me, I cannot seem to have my game 'recognise' the files from the real name fix. I have followed all the steps placed above, but when starting a new game the files do not appear and I am therefore not able to activate them. I also downloaded the data update, and the files of that download do appear, but I also cannot select them as it says 'the data needs to be tested before it can be applied in the game' (not literal transcript). Also, some edits I personally made in the editor do also not appear when I start a game.

I am on a macbook, operating system MacOS Big Sur.

Without these downloads and my edits, the game is unplayable for me. Would really appreciate anyone's help! And if I am on the wrong board, please redirect me to the right place for these sort of questions.

Cheers!

Can I have screenshots of the places you've installed this download in?
#575448 Hugo Montañana
30,987
Not much time at hands at this moment.
Xmass trees stuff at my job.
so feel free to take him ;-)

I imagine it's peak business time in that market this time of year then. Thanks for the heads-up 👍
#575429 Hugo Montañana
30,987
Looks like it was from this pack - perhaps worth double checking to see if any others are incorrect?

I'll have a look to see which were added in the megapack and see if they need sorting out. Hopefully it's just this one.
#575421 Hugo Montañana
30,987
@mons What happened here? The cutout that was added to the megapack isn't of Hugo Montañana, it's César Fernández from Celta Vigo U19, who isn't in the game yet.

No idea at all.

I suspect he must have been included in one of these packs by somebody who gave him the wrong UID, which is why he isn't appearing on the timeline.

@moondog777, are you still working on this? Otherwise I'll just cut it myself to be sure it's fixed in 13.02 👍
#575416 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
30,987
I have submitted a face for "Orri Steinn Óskarsson" UID=39062838 on 22/11 and it's status is completed.

I would just like to be sure that nothing is wrong and it just didn't make to this update and will be part of next update 🙂

I'm only doing this to catch any potential errors in this early stage of the launch of the new site 🙂

:face_with_tongue:

So, what do I do?

Can I just have my tenner back if it isn't going to work?

I would certainly not give up and try to download it again (once the current downloading issues are resolved). If you want to ask for a refund, that's up to you. You can post in here for that.
#575408 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
30,987

I'm a bit confused. The file size yesterday was 17.32GB. Now that the 13.01 update was released overnight, it's 17.7GB. How you've got that filesize I have no idea, and I'm afraid it looks like the download might have done some mischief to itself.
#575406 FM2021 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.25 for FM21.1 [released on 25/11/2020]
30,987
Is there any major update planned today that is not save compatible? Want to start a new save today but don't want to miss anything significant. Thanks for the hard work!

Not working on this file any more for the time being. You're good to go 👍