Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Pre Order Now! Get early access and FM Touch Free. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2019 Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 5 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 241547 changes from 761 contributors.
31 minutes ago
pony commented on: The history kit of ASSE 2019-1933
1 hour ago
bigmattb28 commented on: The Flying Scotsman. A Hall of Fame career
2 hours ago
cebul commented on: [FM19] Found an error in our database?
2 hours ago
BA81 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
5 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 241533 changes from 761 contributors.
6 hours ago
bakizp commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
7 hours ago
rekooner2 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
7 hours ago
rekooner2 added a download: Käpäz Teampack
9 hours ago
kleed added a download: Andoni Zubiaurre
9 hours ago
rabcp commented on: FM19 Adboard Patch - V1.2 Out Now
10 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 241531 changes from 761 contributors.
11 hours ago
DF11 / necjeff commented on: DF11 Megapack & Updates
11 hours ago
TheMinsterman commented on: Club and Financial Changes Thread
11 hours ago
kleed added a download: Real Sociedad players & staff (a, b & c & u19)
11 hours ago
boomzdaydevice commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
12 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 241511 changes from 761 contributors.
13 hours ago
Load FM! commented on: FM19 - Part of the Furniture
14 hours ago
Mikehurst21 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
14 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 241492 changes from 761 contributors.
16 hours ago
reme commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
16 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 241479 changes from 761 contributors.
18 hours ago
crazyanimals commented on: FM19 Adboard Patch - V1.2 Out Now
18 hours ago
18 hours ago
rekooner2 added a download: Azerbaijan U-18 Mixpack
18 hours ago
18 hours ago
rekooner2 added a download: FK Akzhaiyk Ural'sk Teampack
18 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 241472 changes from 761 contributors.
18 hours ago
gkhnkms commented on: sortitoutsi Data Update and FM19 1.3.0 Data Update
21 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 241412 changes from 761 contributors.
Discussion
I have followed all the rules for downloading and installing the latest (19 June 2019) Cut Out Face Pack for my FM 2019 existing installation. The existing installation shows all of the faces for my Staff and Players but with the updated face pack only some faces appear. For example, I have Lionel Messi for my Assistant Manager and his face always appered in the game. After updating the face pack Messi's face is blank along with many other faces whilst some still appear. I have uninstalled the facepack and FM 2019 and reinstalled again but this does not resolve the problem. I am now at a loss to know what else to do. I attach a Word document detailing what I have done and should be most grateful if someone could tell me what I have done to cause this problem and how I might fix it.

«This comment has been edited»
I have followed all the rules for downloading and installing the latest (19 June 2019) Cut Out Face Pack for my FM 2019 existing installation. The existing installation shows all of the faces for my Staff and Players but with the updated face pack only some faces appear. For example, I have Lionel Messi for my Assistant Manager and his face always appered in the game. After updating the face pack Messi's face is blank along with many other faces whilst some still appear. I have uninstalled the facepack and FM 2019 and reinstalled again but this does not resolve the problem. I am now at a loss to know what else to do. I attach a Word document detailing what I have done and should be most grateful if someone could tell me what I have done to cause this problem and how I might fix it.

Thanks for the very detailed document. Almost everything appears to be in order.

One small thing, though, is D your default disk drive? If not, there is an additional step needed for the game to read the images from there. Secondly, how large is the config file please? It looks fine (and I imagine the image in the Word document you provided is cropped and edited for Messi's UID record to appear immediately below the record for UID 1), but I just want to be sure you have the latest one.

The only thing I can find in common between the 5 players you mention is that all of them are part of the images provided with the game by SI. That said, so is Messi, so I'm thinking there could be another config file somewhere, maybe from a different facepack or a previous version of this megapack, which could be causing some kind of conflict...
Many thanks for you response Mons. Here are my answers to your questions:-

1. I thought that my D drive was my default. However, I will examine the additional steps that you outlined and return when that task is completed.
2. The config.xml file is 16.5MB. I have re-downloaded the megapack and confirmed that I have the latest version.
3. The image that I showed in the Word document is indeed cropped for the purpose of simplicity. Messis' image is actually musch lower down in the config.xml file
4. I will search to discover whether another config files exists and tkae appropriate action.

I will respond again when I have completed my tasks.
Many thanks for you response Mons. Here are my answers to your questions:-

1. I thought that my D drive was my default. However, I will examine the additional steps that you outlined and return when that task is completed.
It's usually the C drive, that's the only reason why I asked.
2. The config.xml file is 16.5MB. I have re-downloaded the megapack and confirmed that I have the latest version.
Excellent
3. The image that I showed in the Word document is indeed cropped for the purpose of simplicity. Messis' image is actually musch lower down in the config.xml file
I thought as much but no harm in confirming
4. I will search to discover whether another config files exists and tkae appropriate action.
Search for a config.xml file anywhere within the D/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019 folder. Some of them will be tiny and related to the editor data folder, skins etc., but there may be others pertaining to other facepacks.

I will respond again when I have completed my tasks.

My answers in italics

Also, you haven't downloaded any graphics from the Steam Workshop perchance?
Hello Mons,

I have now examined the Steam "Set Launch Options" and found that it was empty. I correctedit by enetering the location of the megapack on my D drive and reloaded FM 2019. Unfortunately this does not resolve the problem.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Attachments

Hello Mons,

I have now examined the Steam "Set Launch Options" and found that it was empty

If the user data folder is the default one, then this should indeed be empty.

Do you have a C drive?

What drive is Windows installed on? If it's on the D drive, then that is the default user data home drive.

Not sure if I'm managing to explain myself well
Hello Mons,

I have now examined the Steam "Set Launch Options" and found that it was empty. I correctedit by enetering the location of the megapack on my D drive and reloaded FM 2019. Unfortunately this does not resolve the problem.

Do you have any other suggestions?

I've just seen your edit with the image added. I'm afraid the text is not precisely what it should be; copy the below:

--user_data_location="D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019"

i.e. without the < and >

I have now completed my search for config.xml files and found three.: -

1. a 145 byte file located in Football Manager 2019/games
2. a 16.5 MB file located in Football Manager 2019\graphics/faces - this is the file from the Megapack
3. a 15.6 MB file located in Football Manager 2019\graphics\iconfaces

Is thsi as it should be?
Attachments
I have now completed my search for config.xml files and found three.: -

1. a 145 byte file located in Football Manager 2019/games
2. a 16.5 MB file located in Football Manager 2019\graphics/faces - this is the file from the Megapack
3. a 15.6 MB file located in Football Manager 2019\graphics\iconfaces

Is thsi as it should be?

That all looks in order

Have you changed the Steam launch options as per my previous comment?
I've just seen your edit with the image added. I'm afraid the text is not precisely what it should be; copy the below:

--user_data_location="D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019"

i.e. without the < and >

Woops. I have now corrected that and loaded FM 2019 again........but still no faces.
Attachments
If the user data folder is the default one, then this should indeed be empty.

Do you have a C drive?

What drive is Windows installed on? If it's on the D drive, then that is the default user data home drive.

Not sure if I'm managing to explain myself well

Yes I have a C drive and it is where my Windows 10 Pro operating system is installed. I have examined the C drive for FM 2019 files and there are many - see attachment. I suspect this might be the problem - but which should I remove - perhaps all of them?

Yes I have a C drive and it is where my Windows 10 Pro operating system is installed. I have examined the C drive for FM 2019 files and there are many - see attachment. I suspecvt this might be the problem - but which should I remove?

You never said you were using OneDrive - maybe the issue is related to that.

If you open this folder, does it take you to the location where your graphics folder is located?

https://i.imgur.com/tuKUzV0.png

You never said you were using OneDrive - maybe the issue is related to that.

If you open this folder, does it take you to the location where your graphics folder is located?

https://i.imgur.com/tuKUzV0.png

I am afraid that I was not aware that I was using OneDrive! Nevertheless, I did as you suggested and it does NOT take me to the graphics folder - see attachment.
Attachments
I am afraid that I was not aware that I was using OneDrive! Nevertheless, I did as you suggested and it does NOT take me to the graphics folder - see attachment.

That screenshot confirms that though you have OneDrive backing up the files in your Documents, your user data files aren't there but on the D drive.

Now, go to the path in green (i.e. one folder back from graphics) and click on the address bar once, then copy the path EXACTLY as it is.

Then paste it in between the quotation marks ( " " ) of the Steam launch options to be sure that is exactly the correct path you're putting in there.

Then quit Steam, reload it and try reloading FM. Fingers crossed...

That screenshot confirms that though you have OneDrive backing up the files in your Documents, your user data files aren't there but on the D drive.

Now, go to the path in green (i.e. one folder back from graphics) and click on the address bar once, then copy the path EXACTLY as it is.

Then paste it in between the quotation marks ( " " ) of the Steam launch options to be sure that is exactly the correct path you're putting in there.

Then quit Steam, reload it and try reloading FM. Fingers crossed...

My crossed fingers did not help.....it did not work.

Since I did not know that I was using OnDrive (and don't actually want it!) then should I uninstall it and thus remove a potential cause of issue? I could then start again uninstalling FM 2019 clearing out all the unwanted locations and then reinstalling FM 2019 making sure that I use the guidance that you have kindly provided already?

My crossed fingers did not help.....it did not work.

Since I did not know that I was using OnDrive (and don't actually want it!) then should I uninstall it and thus remove a potential cause of issue? I could then start again uninstalling FM 2019 clearing out all the unwanted locations and then reinstalling FM 2019 making sure that I use the guidance that you have kindly provided already?

I'm going to send you a PM - I've got a quicker way
I'm going to send you a PM - I've got a quicker way

You have been teriffic Mons. I am very grateful for your assistance and await the PM.
Hi Mons,

Whilst waiting for your PM I decided to deal with the OneDrive issue - I don't want it!. I used the group policy editor to disable it completely. I then: -

1. Uninstalled Football Manager,
2. Removed all entries in the registry.
3. Removed all entries in the OneDrive folders on my C Drive
4. Restarted my PC
5. Used Steam to install Football Manager 2019 & set the correct launch options.
6. Ran Football Manger 2019 and flushed the cache

Wow - it worked correctly. This proves that OneDrive was screwing up the game.

Would you please now mark this as an issue which you have solved - all I did was implement your fault finding logic. Many thanks.
Hi Mons,

Whilst waiting for your PM I decided to deal with the OneDrive issue - I don't want it!. I used the group policy editor to disable it completely. I then: -

1. Uninstalled Football Manager,
2. Removed all entries in the registry.
3. Removed all entries in the OneDrive folders on my C Drive
4. Restarted my PC
5. Used Steam to install Football Manager 2019 & set the correct launch options.
6. Ran Football Manger 2019 and flushed the cache

Wow - it worked correctly. This proves that OneDrive was screwing up the game.

Would you please now mark this as an issue which you have solved - all I did was implement your fault finding logic. Many thanks.

I'm happy to see that the issue was solved Tbh, I don't think I would have solved it as the possibility didn't really cross my mind, but it's good to know that having OneDrive in place can causes some issues with this pack, which may well help me resolve similar issues in the future.

Enjoy your game then!
Malcom's cut-out picture for Barcelona doesn't show?

Malcom's cut-out picture for Barcelona doesn't show?

Look for an image named 19229435 in your megapack folder, and open your config.xml file to see whether that number is included within it.
You should only have 1 confg file. No idea where you got the example.ltf file either, or what it does frankly.

Can you upload the 4 config files here? By the way, how many images do you have in total in your faces folder?

Hi mate, apologies about slow reply been abroad and working haha. Just looking now and it appears I have no config files in the faces folder, I must have been looking in the wrong place. Also, I have 1394691683 in total.

Many thanks
Bryn
FM13
Hi mate, apologies about slow reply been abroad and working haha. Just looking now and it appears I have no config files in the faces folder, I must have been looking in the wrong place. Also, I have 1394691683 in total.

Many thanks
Bryn

a) You should have a config file for the game to assign faces to the correct player
b) If you have all the update packs installed, you should have around 228,000 for a total folder size of over 12GB. That number you have given me is the filename of the last png file - what I asked for is the total amount of files within the folder itself.

It seems you have neither of the above, and I can't tell how you've arrived at that situation. At this stage, I would suggest re-downloading the whole update pack again, to be honest...

a) You should have a config file for the game to assign faces to the correct player
b) If you have all the update packs installed, you should have around 228,000 for a total folder size of over 12GB. That number you have given me is the filename of the last png file - what I asked for is the total amount of files within the folder itself.

It seems you have neither of the above, and I can't tell how you've arrived at that situation. At this stage, I would suggest re-downloading the whole update pack again, to be honest...

Should the config already be in the folder after installing the game or should it download as part of the face pack?

Thanks
FM13
Should the config already be in the folder after installing the game or should it download as part of the face pack?

Thanks

The config file is included in the download. It's included in every graphic file download, including this one, for a reason, which is to make the game read the files and assign them correctly in-game. You should have separate config files for each different type of file, i.e. a config file for this megapack, another one for the icons pack, another one for each kitpack, another one for large logos etc.
The config file is included in the download. It's included in every graphic file download, including this one, for a reason, which is to make the game read the files and assign them correctly in-game. You should have separate config files for each different type of file, i.e. a config file for this megapack, another one for the icons pack, another one for each kitpack, another one for large logos etc.

Thanks for your help, going to try and re-download and give that a go. I have always downloaded on a windows laptop and transferred the files on a memory stick onto my Macbook, if I were to download the file from your site onto my Macbook, which programs would I need? (i.e. uTorrent, Winrar etc.)

Thanks
FM13
Thanks for your help, going to try and re-download and give that a go. I have always downloaded on a windows laptop and transferred the files on a memory stick onto my Macbook, if I were to download the file from your site onto my Macbook, which programs would I need? (i.e. uTorrent, Winrar etc.)

Thanks

utorrent to download the main 11.0 megapack and winrar to extract it and the other 10 (soon to be 11) update packs

Thanks

I use https://theunarchiver.com/ and find that to be the best one
I dowloaded the pack, extracted the file with both the unarchiver and Winrar and some faces dont show up. Some pics like Fekir are missing for me in the folder.

Any help?
I dowloaded the pack, extracted the file with both the unarchiver and Winrar and some faces dont show up. Some pics like Fekir are missing for me in the folder.

Any help?

What is the size of the file you have downloaded and how many images are included in your megapack folder? If 29114975 (Fekir's UID) isn't appearing, then either the file you downloaded wasn't the full megapack or the download itself was not fully completed.
Login to post a comment

Login Register
FM2020 SALE

FM2020 is currently on sale for $47.44 until 19 Nov 2019 00:00:00 ×