Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 19 minutes ago
malakae commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
25 minutes ago
Mustang13297 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
25 minutes ago
Mustang13297 added a download: Athletic Bilbao (6 improvements) Teampack
30 minutes ago
MillJ67 commented on: 3D Fantasy Kits Thread
41 minutes ago
cebul commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
45 minutes ago
Si Ford commented on: FM 20: AML's Real Fixtures and Results + Custom Start Date
46 minutes ago
hammer9 commented on: Cyprus - League 1st Division SS'2019/20 New! (06/04/20) - Not SSKCC yet!
54 minutes ago
HockeyBhoy commented on: Manchester United
57 minutes ago
bakizp commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
mons commented on: How to find out continental qualification spots?
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 31456 changes from 125 contributors.
1 hour ago
Ben Tanner commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
DoctorBenjyFM added a video: GLORY HUNTER FM20 | #118 | READY TO RUMBLE! | Football Manager 2020
1 hour ago
Load FM! commented on: FM20 - The Head Coach
1 hour ago
StuartNG commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
Alexao Pachanga commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
mons commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
Dan commented on: Lets go on a European journey, man!
2 hours ago
Rashidi added a video: FM TALK - DECONSTRUCTING BIELSA
2 hours ago
tongey commented on: Manchester United
2 hours ago
mysterio commented on: FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.2 Out Now!!!
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Baja commented on: Schweigi's Standard Logos
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
rfreixo commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
3 hours ago
rfreixo added a download: FC KĂžbenhavn Teampack
3 hours ago
julkjulk commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
3 hours ago
julkjulk added a download: Vorskla Poltava Staff Teampack
Discussion
The reason I asked for the config and for a screenshot of the player in-game with the UID displaying is that the UID assigned in the editor is often different to the one in-game, dependent on a number of factors including what other editor data files are in place.

The config file needs to have the UID used in-game, rather than the one displayed in the editor.

Can I please have:
a) the rest of the cuts themselves
b) the whole config file
c) screenshots of the players in question in-game with the UID displayed

I'll then sort it out myself for you

There are no issues with graphics added to user-created entities in-game (be they players, logos, competitions etc.). If the config file is fine, then it'll work, which leads me to think there may be something wrong at your end. It'll probably be something quite minor yet pivotal, in my experience.

P.S. I've checked the Tiverton website and I'll include new and improved cuts for the guys already in the database in update pack 12.03

Thanks, I'll look forward to 12.03!

How do you want me to send the screenshots, cuts and config file?

As I've said, I did notice that in-game the players have different UIDs - I've tried setting the cuts and config file to these UIDs and it still didn't work.
PS. my cuts are not very good!
Thanks, I'll look forward to 12.03!

How do you want me to send the screenshots, cuts and config file?

As I've said, I did notice that in-game the players have different UIDs - I've tried setting the cuts and config file to these UIDs and it still didn't work.
PS. my cuts are not very good!

Either attach them to your reply or host them on mediafire, sendspace or a similar file-hosting site
My documents folder is synced with OneDrive and even though i've synced the entire mega-pack to my machine and reloaded the skin, my images are still not showing up? Any ideas, i'd like to avoid having to delete and re-download if possible...

Windows 10 machine.
My documents folder is synced with OneDrive and even though i've synced the entire mega-pack to my machine and reloaded the skin, my images are still not showing up? Any ideas, i'd like to avoid having to delete and re-download if possible...

Windows 10 machine.

Can I have a screenshot of your Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2020 / graphics folder?
Either attach them to your reply or host them on mediafire, sendspace or a similar file-hosting site

I've sorted it now!

Thanks for your help
Hello,

Since one of the updates all my player faces just stopped working no matter how many times i have reloaded the skin, cleared cache and reset everything to default still no player faces.
Help would be greatly appreciated really annoying without the player faces.

Thanks
Hello,

Since one of the updates all my player faces just stopped working no matter how many times i have reloaded the skin, cleared cache and reset everything to default still no player faces.
Help would be greatly appreciated really annoying without the player faces.

Thanks

You must have installed the update pack wrongly then. Can I have a screenshot of your megapack folder please?
Here is the folder
Attachments

I'd like to see inside that

Why do you not have the iconfaces folder as well? Already looks like you didn't install the file correctly tbh...
ok will i need to re-download the whole pack again to get iconfaces
Attachments
ok will i need to re-download the whole pack again to get iconfaces

You have just over 212,000 cuts. The whole megapack contains just under 240,000. I can't tell which base pack and subsequent update packs you've downloaded for 28,000 cuts to be missing. That's around 20 months' worth of cuts, roughly speaking.

I would recommend downloading the 12.0 base megapack via torrent, which also includes the full iconfaces pack incidentally. To be fully up-to-date, I would then suggest downloading the 12.01 and 12.02 update packs
Ok i shall do that thanks for the help and thanks for quick response
Ok i shall do that thanks for the help and thanks for quick response

Welcome - installation of the pack should be straight-forward, but do let us know if you have further issues
How can I get only the top 5 leagues player and staff faces?
How can I get only the top 5 leagues player and staff faces?

You can search the database by the players/teams/division, navigate to each respective team's players and download them individually, if you want.
You can search the database by the players/teams/division, navigate to each respective team's players and download them individually, if you want.

That would take ages to download every single player though.
I mean is there a way to download them all in a pack instead of downloading every player in the game because I dont need them all.
That would take ages to download every single player though.
I mean is there a way to download them all in a pack instead of downloading every player in the game because I dont need them all.

The only way it can be done is if they are downloaded manually; there is no other way to categorise cuts in the megapack. If it takes ages for you to do it, it'd also take ages for us to do it, which is why no such pack is available.
The only way it can be done is if they are downloaded manually; there is no other way to categorise cuts in the megapack. If it takes ages for you to do it, it'd also take ages for us to do it, which is why no such pack is available.

Im not trying to be rude but why didnt you categorise them while doing the cutouts?
Im not trying to be rude but why didnt you categorise them while doing the cutouts?

Images are saved as the person's Unique ID (UID). A different UID is given to everyone in the SI database and it is not variable and remains the same through the person's inclusion in the database.There is nothing within the UID itself which determines where the player comes from, who he plays for etc.

It's hard enough finding the time to compare the thousands of images released every month. Can you imagine the additional work involved in:
a) choosing players based in specific clubs for inclusion in a separate pack
b) keeping tabs of player transfers, loans, staff movements etc.
c) doing this on an ongoing basis and keeping track of promotions/relegations?

All of which would need to be done manually.

Let's say each top-division team has got 50 players and staff in their senior and youth squads (very generous estimate). To have the top 5 league's team's squad would entail manually saving 5,000 cuts (50 persons for 20 teams in 5 leagues). Every summer and January, you'd have to keep track of transfers, promotions, addition of youth players etc. Add another 1,000 cuts. And to what benefit? For Tottenham to buy Haaland, Atalanta to buy a Porto player, an MLS player to join a Bundesliga team in-game and they'd have an empty profile. It'd be a never-ending cycle

It'd be a lovely idea, but it's utterly impossible to implement with the tools we have presently...

«This comment has been edited»
Images are saved as the person's Unique ID (UID). A different UID is given to everyone in the SI database and it is not variable and remains the same through the person's inclusion in the database.There is nothing within the UID itself which determines where the player comes from, who he plays for etc.

It's hard enough finding the time to compare the thousands of images released every month. Can you imagine the additional work involved in:
a) choosing players based in specific clubs for inclusion in a separate pack
b) keeping tabs of player transfers, loans, staff movements etc.
c) doing this on an ongoing basis and keeping track of promotions/relegations?

All of which would need to be done manually.

Let's say each top-division team has got 50 players and staff in their senior and youth squads (very generous estimate). To have the top 5 league's team's squad would entail manually saving 5,000 cuts (50 persons for 20 teams in 5 leagues). Every summer and January, you'd have to keep track of transfers, promotions, addition of youth players etc. Add another 1,000 cuts. And to what benefit? For Tottenham to buy Haaland, Atalanta to buy a Porto player, an MLS player to join a Bundesliga team in-game and they'd have an empty profile. It'd be a never-ending cycle

It'd be a lovely idea, but it's utterly impossible to implement with the tools we have presently...

When you put that way it makes sense, thanks anyway
cannot tell y'all how much i appreciate all the work done each year here on sortitoutsi, especially these face packs.

it makes the game for me, truly, so thank you all.

on fm20, however, i've been having trouble getting the player profile photos to work. oddly enough the icon photos work but not the profile ones themselves.

attached are the following images, and please let me know if there is anything else i can provide to help with the troubleshooting.

here are the file setups https://gyazo.com/2fb6c7794411e6402d66227f76f0ba25 and https://gyazo.com/3595f5f2f0df2832fffbf5b5608caaad, the config for one of them https://gyazo.com/b456146ade2b440daae89b70923c0109, and the settings i use with FMxml https://gyazo.com/2f7df941ed5820b409c43018ef526b1c.

hope there might be something y'all can spot that i am doing wrong! thanks for taking the time to check this out.

«This comment has been edited»
cannot tell y'all how much i appreciate all the work done each year here on sortitoutsi, especially these face packs.

it makes the game for me, truly, so thank you all.

on fm20, however, i've been having trouble getting the player profile photos to work. oddly enough the icon photos work but not the profile ones themselves.

attached are the following images, and please let me know if there is anything else i can provide to help with the troubleshooting.

here are the file setups https://gyazo.com/2fb6c7794411e6402d66227f76f0ba25 and https://gyazo.com/3595f5f2f0df2832fffbf5b5608caaad, the config for one of them https://gyazo.com/b456146ade2b440daae89b70923c0109, and the settings i use with FMxml https://gyazo.com/2f7df941ed5820b409c43018ef526b1c.

hope there might be something y'all can spot that i am doing wrong! thanks for taking the time to check this out.

Thanks for your kind words

I'm not sure what all the selected folders are in the first screenshot. The setup should be as shown in your second screenshot; remove all the other selected folders from the first screenshot.

What download method did you do to get the stuff from the second screenshot? If you needed to download update packs, they should all go in there. At the end you should have just one folder containing all the faces and another containing all the icons, none of which should contain sub-folders. You don't need to use fmXML yourself; if installed correctly, you'll be prompted to overwrite some files when applying update packs.
your advice worked perfect mons, thank you.

i am able to use most of the faces that i have downloaded so far, still have some packs left to download.

running into an issue of having blurry faces now. looks like some of my icon faces might have overwritten profile faces. but i'm not sure.

here are a couple examples of staff https://gyazo.com/785f5d1a63bccc1b151f4072dd1f23cc and player https://gyazo.com/1bc45bb22542b4563999467a7bec0aad
Hi,

Im using Mac and have downloaded the file using uTorrent, have extracted the file using the Unarchiver, placed the faces document in a graphics folder and then cleared cache and updated with the box within the interface section ticked and still the faces do not show.

I was having similar problems last year too, is there any solution?

Thanks
Bryn
FM13
Hi,

Im using Mac and have downloaded the file using uTorrent, have extracted the file using the Unarchiver, placed the faces document in a graphics folder and then cleared cache and updated with the box within the interface section ticked and still the faces do not show.

Thanks
Bryn

From FM20 onwards, there's been a substantial change to how Mac FM documents are stored. Previously the files would automatically go in the Documents folder here:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Documents/Sports Interactive

Now the files will instead appear in the following location:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

Open Finder
Click ‘Go’ from the menubar
Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key
This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’
Hi,

Thanks
Bryn

Thanks for the reply.

I have redownloaded the torrent and placed the faces and icon faces files in the folder within the place you have suggested and still have no success. When I am extracting the file through The Unarchiver it does say some files it is unable to process so I press to continue, could this be the issue? Im not sure what else to try or why I'm having so many problems as to everyone else it seems straightforward.

Thanks
Bryn
FM13
Thanks for the reply.

I have redownloaded the torrent and placed the faces and icon faces files in the folder within the place you have suggested and still have no success. When I am extracting the file through The Unarchiver it does say some files it is unable to process so I press to continue, could this be the issue? Im not sure what else to try or why I'm having so many problems as to everyone else it seems straightforward.

Thanks
Bryn

Can you try extracting the files with Winrar? I'm not sure what caused the other program to say some files are unable to be processed, are you sure the file downloaded fully? What was the size of the file you downloaded?

Can I have a screenshot of the folder you're placing the files in? And also one of the megapack folder itself?
Can you try extracting the files with Winrar? I'm not sure what caused the other program to say some files are unable to be processed, are you sure the file downloaded fully? What was the size of the file you downloaded?

Can I have a screenshot of the folder you're placing the files in? And also one of the megapack folder itself?

I've downloaded the file again and used The Unarchiver and it did load ok but again when I go to reload skin nothing changes
FM13
I've downloaded the file again and used The Unarchiver and it did load ok but again when I go to reload skin nothing changes

Looks fine in terms of location. Can I have a screenshot of your faces folder?
Looks fine in terms of location. Can I have a screenshot of your faces folder?

FM13
Login to post a comment

Login Register