Feed
Already playing ? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 9 minutes ago
kingrobbo commented on: [FM19] Found an error in our database?
26 minutes ago
satanismyuncle commented on: Can I use the squad numbers in friendly games?
36 minutes ago
TheMinsterman commented on: [FM19] Found an error in our database?
36 minutes ago
TheMinsterman commented on: sortitoutsi.net Data Update - England
41 minutes ago
hammer9 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
1 hour ago
Tommy Hughes commented on: 2019/20 Premier League
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 190672 changes from 620 contributors.
1 hour ago
kingrobbo commented on: help me
1 hour ago
kingrobbo commented on: sortitoutsi.net Data Update - England
1 hour ago
barcaseb commented on: Tweaks by SirTAVARES [FM19]
1 hour ago
ZVEZDA91 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
1 hour ago
hammer9 commented on: Germany - Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga and 3. Liga 3D'2019/20 Relink! (16/08/19)
1 hour ago
hammer9 commented on: Germany - Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga and 3. Liga 3D'2019/20 Relink! (16/08/19)
1 hour ago
Number 1 commented on: 2019/20 Premier League
1 hour ago
Jason commented on: sortitoutsi.net Data Update - England
1 hour ago
Jason added a topic: sortitoutsi.net Data Update - England
2 hours ago
hammer9 commented on: England - English Leagues Level 1-6 (Premier & Championship new!) 3D'2019-20 Relink! (15/08/19)
2 hours ago
hammer9 commented on: England - English Leagues Level 1-6 (Premier,Championship, League 1&2 & National New!) SS'2019-20 Relink! (17/08/19) - Not SSKCC yet!
2 hours ago
hammer9 commented on: Some kits not working? SSKCC19.3.5 v0.4 for SS'2018/19 kits on FM19 only (17/08/19)
2 hours ago
kingrobbo commented on: [FM19] Found an error in our database?
2 hours ago
gorkem1925 commented on: help me
2 hours ago
gorkem1925 added a topic: help me
2 hours ago
kingrobbo commented on: Please read before posting
2 hours ago
bolid74 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
bolid74 commented on: England - English Leagues Level 1-6 (Premier & Championship New!) SS'2019-20 Relink! (05/08/19) - Not SSKCC yet!
3 hours ago
BigBadBaerni completed a season in their Football Manager career: FC Thun
3 hours ago
BigBadBaerni completed a season in their Football Manager career: FC Thun
3 hours ago
BigBadBaerni added a career: FC Thun
3 hours ago
rabcp commented on: FM19 Adboard Patch - V1.1 Out Now
4 hours ago
SlapoviNiagare007 commented on: 2017-2018 season transfer update for FM 14
Discussion
The installation instructions are the same because nothing's really changed since then.

Download the file, extract it and place it in the Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2014 > graphics folder. Make sure your preferences are set up in the same manner as the screenshot in the opening post.

And that's really it.

What seems to be your problem?

The problem is it seems to be causing a CTD with my system. Not blaming the product, just my system doesn't seem to like things as they stand, so I'm starting over. Below is my installation folder.

E:\Documents and Settings\Peeking\Football Manager 2012\graphics\sortitoutsi

Within this folder there are two sub-folders called 'faces' and 'iconfaces', along with the readme, and htm to the site.

Is this the correct installation path?

PS - I previously had the 5.01 megapack also residing in the graphics folder, could that have caused an issue having both the 5.01 and 6.0 megapacks in the same parent folder?

Cheers,
Peek
What's a CTD?

That seems to be the correct installation path (if you're still playing FM12), but I'd prefer to see a screenshot to be sure.

If you have the 6.0 megapack, then you don't need 5.01. If you are up-to-date with the latest megapack version (6.06), then you should have around 145,000 images in total.
CTD = Crash to desktop, I guess.
CTD = Crash to desktop, I guess.

on my part

Still (and I know you're not the original poster), but the more info is provided is better. Does it CTD after the game loads? Does it even load at all? Does it crash at a particular time within the game?
What's a CTD?

That seems to be the correct installation path (if you're still playing FM12), but I'd prefer to see a screenshot to be sure.

If you have the 6.0 megapack, then you don't need 5.01. If you are up-to-date with the latest megapack version (6.06), then you should have around 145,000 images in total.

CTD = Crash To Desktop

Running FM 14 v 14.3.1

Settings
http://i58.tinypic.com/2jahj6v.jpg

Folder
http://i58.tinypic.com/2my652.jpg
on my part

Still (and I know you're not the original poster), but the more info is provided is better. Does it CTD after the game loads? Does it even load at all? Does it crash at a particular time within the game?

Hi Mons,

Yes, it crashes at the same time, which when you click the 'leave match' button, or by clicking 'continue', after a match. However, it's not after every match, or every other match. Sometimes I can complete 3 matches in a row before it crashes, sometimes only one.

I have deleted the old megapack 5.0 folder and running some tests now to see if that was indeed the conflict.

One thing is for sure, I can run the game fine with zero issues with no facepacks installed. I have tested this several times over. Again, I'm not saying the facepacks are the problem, just for some reason my system isn't liking them anymore
You're playing FM14 mate,but your directory is pointing to Football Manager 12 which is dead on your comp (just guessing)
You're playing FM14 mate,but your directory is pointing to Football Manager 12 which is dead on your comp (just guessing)

Well, I knew this was coming. And even though it doesn't matter what folder you use for add-ons, I understand the need to narrow down possibilities for error. To that end, I have switched to C:\Documents and Settings\Peeking\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014 just to make sure everything is as advised.

So, I've run tests and here's what I found.

1. I removed all add-ons. Real Name Fix. Logos. Kits. Everything.
2. I successfully completed 4 months worth of matches without issue using FM14 v14.3.1.
3. I added the cutout faces megapack and cutout faces icons megapack to C:\Documents and Settings\Peeking\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics
4. I completed 1 match with no problems, after the next match it crashed at the same place is always does, ie, when I click 'leave match' or 'continue'
5. I repeated this process of play 2 matches, crash after 2nd one (see #4), restart game, 6 times. Or, in other words, 12 matches. All crashing in the same place.

I want to stress that I fully appreciate there's not really a problem with the packs as otherwise there would be loads of other complaints, not just me

That said, I'm hopeful someone can help me figure this out as I'd really like to use - it's very high quality work!

Cheers,
Peek

«This comment has been edited»
Bit of a strange on this. It shouldn't really make a difference, but what kind of RAM does your PC have? I'm also assuming that your preferences are set up as displayed in the OP, right?

Have you tried clearing the cache?
Bit of a strange on this. It shouldn't really make a difference, but what kind of RAM does your PC have?

4GB PC266 (yes, I'm still running Xp 32bit)

I'm also assuming that your preferences are set up as displayed in the OP, right?

Yes, except I've now changed it to the default folder (not that it matters).

Have you tried clearing the cache?

Yes. Multiple times. To be clear, I have no problem getting the images to show in game correctly. The problem is that running this pack is causing my system to crash repeatedly. It's really quite strange as I've used the Cutout Faces Megapacks since FM12(?) with zero problems until now
I've stabbing in the dark now, but have you tried defragmenting your hard-disk?

I suspect it's something to do with the fact you're still on XP, but I'm sure you're not the only one still on that OS and nobody else has mentioned the issue
is it possible to convert this pack to a FMF file? (or some other alternative)

this split files are heavy work for the HDD, it takes a ton of time to move them on each format, defrager also takes forever because of the huge number of files.

so, what are your thoughts on FMFs? did you tried it? can i do it?

thanks for your time.
I have no idea how to create an fmf file or any other alternative and anyway it's simply not viable imo to recreate a new file with every update. Think of the bandwidth necessary to be up-to-date when every update pack is released

Although I agree with your points re the drawbacks of the current system, I think they're fairly minor in the scheme of things. After all it's been working perfectly fine (bar instances like Peeking Duck's above) for over 5 years now and I really see no reason to change.
i'm creating FMFs as we speak to all my 11GB of FM graphics resources, so far i've made stadiums and kits into FMF, working perfectly.

about updates, we could create new files just for the updates, we just need to figure whats the priority in file names, and then use accordingly.

i'll report back when i get to the cutout megapack.
Good luck to you, but I genuinely don't see the benefit in adding another degree of complexity
i prefer to have 3 or 5 files instead of 600.000+ files, it's best for performance and future machine formats, but maybe it's just me anyway, i thought i should at least say that it works, so maybe someone else is crazy like me
Fair enough, but what if you want to change images or remove them or add them? Wouldn't you have to rebuild the fmf file every time then? I just don't think it's very practical tbh

And what difference is there in performance if I may ask? I'm not very well-informed about this part of FM, I'll admit.

I like things to be orderly too, mind you
just made a test, and i'm happy.

you can have multiple files adding the same resource, that only the first will show. example:

logos0_update2.fmf (10mb)
logos1_update1.fmf (20mb)
logos9_base.fmf (1gb)

the files that file 0 calls, will be displayed over files already on file 9, so this is perfect for updates. From year to year, you can delete all files from that resource, for example you had 5 logo files, and download the new version and build a single fmf.

ps: there seems to be some size limitation to FMFs, cause i've tried to build a 3GB file and it didn't work, but i've split it into 1.6gb + 1.4gb and it works that way. so if anyone has some info on this, i appreciate it.

Hello All,

I've been using facepack 6.0 since FM14 launched, but now have the opportunity (with decent internet) to update to 6.6.

I know I can do update packs, but I'm really bad at this sort of stuff, and have a big challenge every year to do it once. Instead of doing 6 update packs (I may get confused where they go, how to do it etc) is it easier for me to load the complete 6.6 pack. If so, do I need to delete 6.0 before I start this task?

Thanks for any help, and as always the great effort you guys put in to making these packs.

Hi guys, can someone post here the config file for all the facepacks??
Hello All,

I've been using facepack 6.0 since FM14 launched, but now have the opportunity (with decent internet) to update to 6.6.

I know I can do update packs, but I'm really bad at this sort of stuff, and have a big challenge every year to do it once. Instead of doing 6 update packs (I may get confused where they go, how to do it etc) is it easier for me to load the complete 6.6 pack. If so, do I need to delete 6.0 before I start this task?

Thanks for any help, and as always the great effort you guys put in to making these packs.

if you will download FULL 6.6, delete everything you have previously from this pack.

here is 6.06 config file.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4oeqfa

and ziped:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/np08sx
Hello All,

Just wait until the 6.7 update pack is released in the coming days and download the whole megapack then. Remove the existing megapack folder and replace it with the new one.

Use fmXML to create a config file for the contents of your MP folder, or you can just download the latest update pack which will include the config file for all the images in the megapack.

cachirro beat me to both

Thanks for the replies guys.

Mons, I will wait a few days for 6.7, cheers for the tip. Would I need to delete 6.0 BEFORE downloading the full new pack?
You can enjoy 6.0 for now, no need to be without player faces for the couple of days or so left till release
Thanks Mons, yes I'm aware of that. But when 6.7 is available, do I need to remove 6.0 before I download the new one?

Are we just talking literally a few days then?
When you download the new FULL pack, remove the previous versions. where's your doubt?

All I'm trying to understand is whether I need to remove 6.0 before downloading 6.7, or download 6.7 first and then remove 6.0.

Thanks.
whatever you've got now doesn't matter to what you can/want to download.

when 6.7 comes out:
1. download it
2. remove current pack
3. install new pack
4. enjoy the game

edit: you can also to 2.1.3.4, it's the same result

Login to post a comment

Login Register