Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 5 minutes ago
Madman99 commented on: K.O.T.W. | Week 4 | HIFK Fotball
Qvordrup commented on: Request Thread (FANTASY, ALTERNATIVE and ANYTHING NOT IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
A new version of our data update was released with 53202 changes from 205 contributors.
julkjulk commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
julkjulk added a download: MuSa Teampack
A new version of our data update was released with 53159 changes from 205 contributors.
Armamaddon commented on: SS Template Thread
MartesCrush commented on: Request Thread (FANTASY, ALTERNATIVE and ANYTHING NOT IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
A new version of our data update was released with 53139 changes from 205 contributors.
mons commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
hjs commented on: No-ID Topic - NO REQUESTS
Red_Dog002 commented on: City Pictures Mega-Pack (Flut Skins)
hammer9 commented on: SS Template Thread
Benjamin_mfrapps commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
Qvordrup commented on: Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
DazS8 commented on: City Pictures Mega-Pack (Flut Skins)
ulrich_hart commented on: 4-1-2-2-1
Qvordrup commented on: Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
Maradonna commented on: FM NewGAN Faces V1
Gregg Leon commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
hammer9 commented on: SS Template Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 53135 changes from 205 contributors.
Load FM! commented on: FM20 - A Wandering Dork
Red_Dog002 commented on: City Pictures Mega-Pack (Flut Skins)
A new version of our data update was released with 53132 changes from 205 contributors.
debeli24 commented on: Fantasy kits, FC'12 and PR style
SirTAVARES commented on: FM20 Data Tweaks v4.1 [04/06/2020]
Dricofumi commented on: SS Template Thread
CountVladimir commented on: Tutorials and guidelines for cutters
CraiigMan Comments
Thank you, can it be used along with the real name fix?
Does this also fix the German National team as on my save it appears to be fake players.
All seem to be fine other than Paul Pogba, is he included?

edit: Fixed it, seems there is a couple of lines of code missing in the config. 85028014 Pogba and 85028015 (unsure)

Have you got the new Nimes Badge?
Does this mean every team just gets random regens? Interested.
thanks

I have gone into the editor and set England to require 15 home grown players, however the game is still acting like it's 8. Screenshot here:

This is what I changed:

Anyone know why it's not working/is it possible/ do I need to change something else?

Thanks
I didn't have the best of times with FM last year, but this year I wanted things to be a little different. I don't want a plug and play tactic and for my main saves I want to play legit. I am currently playing as Arsenal. Here is my first team squad:

I am playing a 4231 and I want to add a 433 (41221) as a second tactic once I have my players more comfortable with this one.

The roles and player instructions have changed slightly during pre-season. I can't seem to be able to fit either Ramsey or Wilshere in with Khedira (maybe not the best of signings). But due to 4231 there always seems to be a gap between the midfield and defence. I tried CM D and a B2B but wasn't working. I also loved Sanchez as a Raumeuter in the beta, but doesn't as effective anymore. I still have about £22m to spend.

Here is the line-up and team instructions:

And then here is the player instructions. Note the CB's have none. The swap positions up top was only just added, wanted to see what would happen since I was struggling to break teams down.

IMGUR ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/qyi9T#0

I mean the results haven't been awful, but they haven't been great either:

The 4-3 at Barnet was a serious low point. They had 4 shots, 3 went in.. Should not have been so close. Twente just dealt with anything I threw at them really. Although I am setting players to shoot less I am getting lots of stupid shots as well as lots of really stupid passing going on. Things like playing the ball square when there are no players, they are chipping it to each other and then having a bad touch and causing mistakes. I can't see any settings which I have set to do that?

Anyway here are the match stats from the opening games, I can provide more if need be:

IMGUR ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/daeF2#0

Any help for a tactically inept person? I'm providing as much as I can.
If only anybody would read all that text up there, it explains 99% of all the queries posted.

It does not mention FMC though. Since you can't run custom DB's on FMC..

edit: I have checked and it does work on FMC. Cheers

I am presuming since you can't run custom DB on FMC I can't use this for that? Anyone know if there is a way to fix the German National team on FMC?
Skin is so bad it had to be modded during the beta. Just shows that certain changes can be made, hope SI don't skip over them for the full release. Especially the sidebar size.
Well have you tried using a download manager?
I tried to download some megapack normally and the speed was 800-950kb/s~
Then I cancelled it, and turned on my download manager, boom. 4MB/s

I recommend you to try it. (not talking about the guy who it isn't even starting, but you can also try this)

Which download manager are you using?
Well I do have the premium, but I'm still getting slow DL speeds.
Professionalism and ambition are the two attributes which decide how quickly a player progresses. If they are both low, he won't progress as quickly.

On some of your other points:

"So from what I have been told, Players who have a number between 1-200 will always reach that. Players with a minus will reach between the numbers above." - Players with a minus will be given a fixed PA (all PA is fixed) when a game is started, within them parameters you posted.

"I've also read that players only really develop up until 21." - Not true. They develop quicker obviously when they're younger.

They're both hidden attributes right? They can be change via the editor for me to do some testing though. I did not know that about the minus numbers, so that means on some peoples games a player could be 180 pa and on others 150 pa?
Although I understand the basics of this topic, I am also a little unsure on a few things and would like some clarification on a few things, for you you to tell me if I am wrong.

So both CA (current ability) and PA (potential ability) are out of 200, or for PA it can be a minus number.

In terms of ranking it should roughly follow like this:

180-200 - 5 star
170-180 - 4 1/2 star
160-170 - 4 star
150-160 - 3 1/2 star
140-150 - 3 star
100-140 - 2 1/2 star
and then lower is lower.

Or that is roughly what it is, for the top teams anyway. And then the minus numbers in PA are ranked as follows:

0 = 1-200

-1 = 1-30

-2 = 10-40

-3 = 30-60

-4 = 50-80

-5 = 70-100

-6 = 90-120

-7 = 110-140

-8 = 130-160

-9 = 150-180

-10 = 170-200

By question is, is it always? I've been playing around with the in game editor just to see what happens and I have a player 195 PA. I've played a whole season with him and his stats barely went up. Which is why I am questioning this.

Is it possible that players who have a high PA will not actually reach that level? I've also read that players only really develop up until 21. Which I can't see being true since players prime age is usually mid to late 20's.

So my 195 PA player, even though he is played often, and I give him training etc, may never even get close? Does the CA effect this at all? What is the deciding factor whether or not a player becomes as good as they can be?

I mean the two best young CB's (arguably) on the game Balanta and Varane have PA of 176 and 175 (according to my current save). And Balanta for me has gone up quite a lot, but the guy I set to 195 has barely improved.

This is only on a test save, I am trying to work out they CA and PA as much as I can, but with a whole season set to 195 PA and not to have changed much makes me think that either the in game editor change does nothing or that what I have been lead to believe may not be true.
I am using this and for some reason Arsenals colours are white and red and not red and white. Kinda confusing.

When setting up a new game it says the database being loaded is 14.0.0 and not 14.1.3 even though my game is 14.1.3. Is this correct?
Does anyone know what the differences of the 2 real name fixes that are available and how each one works?

First one is the Sortisoutsi one. I used this one last year, but for some reason when I used it, the database felt weird. More German regens than I could sign. I also felt that it changed certain things that it didn't set out to change. But it did fix the German National team and league names etc.

Link: http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/8116/fm14-real-names-fixes

Second one is the Football Manager Story one. This one does not need editor data, but it still changes the names and fixes the German National team. I used this on FM14 to start with, and it does exactly what it says.

Link: http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/fm-2014-real-names-fix/

So now I'm confused as to what one is best to use. One uses Editor data, the other one doesn't, but gets the same results? Or does the Sortitoutsi one, with the editor data add something extra to the game, which is why you get more German Regens?

So yeah, how do each work and what is the one you use?
Can someone have a look over my tactics and give me some help please? I've just gone in and tweaked again as was having some dodgy results. Feedback will be nice

I'm Arsenal, and I'll put the players who will usually start when fit. But first here's the squad for reference if you think someone else should be in the first 11.

My 4231 tactic: (Walcott set to Wing (A) not IF (A)!

I did have Naiggolan as BWM but he wasn't performing. CM (D) just makes him play better. I had the most luck with this formation last season, but this season not so much. The only change is Monreal for Santon at left back in the first team. I did have slightly different team instructions last season, but it wasn't working this season, so this is the change.

My 433 tactic:

So my team instructions match my 4231. The idea of having these two formations setup the same but with the midfield inverted is, that this is meant mainly for away games/ when the other team has a beast AM who needs marking. And also for games where I can't be too attacking. I sometimes change this one to standard depending on who I'm playing. I didn't use this too much last season, but always done the job when called upon. However I am really struggling on player roles for this one. Unsure on my midfield 3 and my front 3. Tips here please!

My 442 tactic:

I threw this formation together to add anther option when needed. I used it vs all the big boys last season and it got me the results. Only used it once vs United this season at home and won 2-0. While the football isn't the most interesting, it's worked for me. But tired it vs a smaller team and just doesn't work. It's got to be a big team. I also have Giroud set to TM on this.

So that's my 3 formations. 2 of them are similar but a change of shape depending on opposition. I currently have not changed any player instructions. I've played around with a few of them, they didn't seem to change too much. So right now they are on the default, if you think I should change them, please say.

My formation familiarity:

So yeah, that's my current setups. You got everything there that you would need to know in order to help me out, if you want to of course If you think someone else in my squad would be better in a position please let me know!

Reserves:

Under 18's:

My reserve squad it pretty thin, meaning some under 18's play for both. Maybe that's the issue?

I have my reserve team and under 18's to use first team tactics, should I turn it off? But surely I'd want them to play the way the first team is for development?

Or do you think it could just be that the managers need replacing? Or just not worry too much?