Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 33 minutes ago
Michael_Myers commented on: 💡 Alternative Logos Request Thread
Bohlo commented on: FM20 crossplay
Bohlo added a topic: FM20 crossplay
Changi007 commented on: 3 Man F9 Attack
hammer9 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 178202 changes from 643 contributors.
Changi007 commented on: 3 Man F9 Attack
*PSG* commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 178176 changes from 643 contributors.
hammer9 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
eden1234 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
clashcityrocker commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
gulchynsky commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
Lumpjaw commented on: SS Template Thread
hammer9 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
hammer9 commented on: SS Template Thread
Changi007 commented on: 3 Man F9 Attack
Jamie2391 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
julkjulk commented on: Cut-Out Faces Megapack Technical Support thread
sleipnirfossa commented on: Cut-Out Faces Megapack Technical Support thread
mons commented on: Cut-Out Faces Megapack Technical Support thread
Deelbeson commented on: SS 20/21 WIP Thread New!
hammer9 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 178167 changes from 642 contributors.
cazalx commented on: Cut-Out Faces Megapack Technical Support thread
mons commented on: Cut-Out Faces Megapack Technical Support thread
Aljeks commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
Dudok commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
cazalx commented on: Cut-Out Faces Megapack Technical Support thread
Ben Tanner commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
KEZ_7 Comments
Great promotion and a solid season surviving, hopefully can kick on again in this new season!
Insane start and record so far! Some of the transfers are brilliant
We're playing fine with no issues. Have you got it sorted?

Im using the real name fix too

Yeah managed to get it sorted with all of us on Vanilla versions of the game
After some 12 years, the current circumstances have led to a group of old friends starting a network game again. It's only been a couple of days but we're moving without any issues, other than the odd disconnection due to shitty internet. Thing is, we had to play the game completely vanilla, i.e. without any editor data files and the real name fix as it was proving tremendously long to connect with the host. Other than that, pretty smoothly I have to say.

That's one of the things I tried, removed all of the editor files etc and we just kept getting stuck. Not sure what's happened there. I was so excited about it too. Do you think there's anything else that could clash? Surely not graphics?

Will everyone else need to be vanilla too or just the host? (me)
Hi Guys

Has anyone had much success in getting a network game going? Me and a few friends used to have them regularly up until about 2012 and decided to start one last night but couldn't get beyond the same date each time we tried - even when we created a new game and did it again.

I think this is one piece of the game I've never managed to have function properly in recent years and wondered if anyone had any hints, tips or ideas as to how to set up and get things working? Or better yet, let me know if it does work or you're having the same problems!

Thanks
That's one hell of a talented squad to start off. I see they finished 3rd last time out, how far behind were they and who were the top 2?
Season 3

Well! Who saw this coming? Season 3 you could probably say was a success? We fell to pieces in the last few months of the season, turning an 8 point lead in January into 3rd position by the end. HOWEVER, we managed to take the CdF title and the Champions League, defeating defending Champions Liverpool on the way in a crazy tie and then somewhat beautifully beating PSG in the final with an 89th-minute screamer from Bakayoko.

Not sure what to do next, I kind of like the idea of sticking around for this weird season with WC2022 in it (I haven't got that far this FM!) and I'm half tempted to sell a lot of my squad an bring the youth through. We'll see... although I can't see me hanging on for the Club World Cup we've just qualified for in 2025.

REVENGE! Just hope that the final makes it worthwhile... you can guess who we have to play

(...it's PSG)

Great stuff, look forward to seeing it. I'm 3 saves in with Monaco and Marseille have finished 96th, 4th and are on course for the top 4 again - sure you can push them to the Champions League!
A small transfer update from January, though the player won't join us until the summer. Really looking at next season for this one and my grand plan to not really sign anyone and bring some of my wonder kids through!

Season 3 So Far

We're at the half-way stage and it's been alright up to now. We went big on transfers with ASM coming in to balance out the brilliance or Martins on the right and Dembele coming in from Lyon as our new striker - he was last season's 2nd top scorer behind our own Ben Yedder so in theory, it's a pretty good move.

Again we signed a couple of young players and regardless of how this season ends I think I'll move on some older players to bring them through. Very Monaco. Pavlovic, for example, is 20 now (I think) and is already as good as Rugani, along with making a cracking habit of scoring late important goals from set-pieces too.

Here's our best 11 to start, Golovin has been brilliant as a 10 but I've dropped him a little deeper this season as we struggled at times to completely control the middle of the park.

In the summer we managed to get one over European Champions and our conquerors last season in Liverpool and then take home the French version of the Community Shield.

In the league up until December, we've looked pretty solid as we've pretty much been beating all of our rivals and predictably only dropping points to some sh*te. Note the late goals from Pav as I mentioned a little earlier.

In the Champions League, we started with a defeat at home to Atalanta and a draw in Valencia but managed to turn it around by winning all 4 of our games after that, starting with the doubleheader with Porto which won us the group. The reward for that is a tie with BMG in the new year.

Right! We're all caught up - the next update will be at the end of 2021/22 and then I'd imagine I might get a little slower in updating!

Just to cover all bases, here are the transfers from season 1:

Spent a lot of this season worried about the FFP rules and how we were going to scrape through them... we did JUST and with a few decent loans and future fees we were able to build a decent team to go at PSG in 2020/21.

And season 2:

Rugani has a clause in his loan to sign him on the cheap and I was very pleased to use it (and to have the funds to be able to!) Livakovic in goal turned out to be a season-changing signing as he went on to make 20-odd clean sheets in the league and save 4 penalties in our Champions League run too. Bakayoko's price was agreed in the loan deal already and we scraped the money together to do it.

Everyone bar the 3 names mentioned and Marco Van Ginkel are youth players with really exciting potential - the scouting setup at Monaco is immense!

Finally getting around to uploading a save on this FM - something I haven't done for a while due to a mixture of work and a part-time Masters... but lockdown's afforded me the chance to play and share what I've done!

I'm onto season 3 now and these will likely only be seasonal updates as I ([i]famously
) play pretty slowly![/i]

Champions League - 1/2 Final lost vs Liverpool 0-1

2021/22
Ligue 1 - 3rd
Trophee des Champions - Won vs Marseille 2-1
Coupe de France - Winners vs Nantes 4-0
Champions League - Winners vs PSG 1-0

I'd be hoping Klopp does go there so you get Barca on the merry-go-round
Miles and co have made FM free to play through Steam for 1 week (until 3pm 25.3.20) via this link. For those of you on an older version, it might be a good time to give it a try before you buy!

When it does come to buying it, remember you can get it through our site, helping us with some running costs and saving you a couple quid too! You can do that here

Thanks!
I think if things got delayed then the game would too, thinking as to how they approach transfer window updates etc. From there I'd imagine they'd put it in there as you said with Brexit and so on.

think we're a long way from finding out though!
It's nice to see that other people have careers that look like mine!

Unlucky mate, Schalke are always a batsh*t club anyways, I've never done well with them in a save. Where next for you?

I think he's translated from Turkish to English and is asking if we can have the team we support in our profiles. Though I may be completely wrong.

I see your time at Galatasaray served you well
Quality, well-done mate. Looking forward to the Arsenal save!
Afternoon All!

I've started a save with Monaco and aware they're having a bit of FFP trouble to start out. It's been a bit confusing as seemingly the projected losses keep growing, despite me shifting players and some wages. A few things:

- Can the board cover some of the deficit? I've read on the league rules they can cover £20m or so but I'm not sure if it's guaranteed to happen?
- Does the calculation take into account prize money for league finishes etc?
- Why have the board just doubled my transfer budget if this is a problem?

Any help appreciated, though I'm outside of transfer windows now so can't imagine I can do much more to change it!
That coaching team is immense for any level, nevermind this one! Looks a load of fun this, good luck
Yeah, last season was the best in a while for races I thought! Been watching a bit of the practice today and as much as it's mundane having no racing - it does get you excited for Aus!
DYNASTY! DYNASTY! DANASTY!

Cracking season that
It's one of the most enjoyable saves I've ever, aiming to top the Turkish hall of fame and only around four trophies away now.

...at this rate, I don't think it's going to take you very long at all!
he says he has sacked the DOF

this could be an issue with the club vision too which has many users not being able to sign players they want
open the editor and see what it says about the club in club vision too
also set the owner/board etc to have 1 in interference

If it's set in responsibilities, sacking your DoF would just mean that the responsibility then falls to your Chairman or another instead
Hi,
So i'm at the start of the season and Im getting a good few offers for my star players. Im set up to have the final say to accept the sale or not, I've sacked my director of football as he accepted transfer offers for players i have set as reject all offers. Now the chairman has started accepting offers as well. How do i stop this, i dont want to sell my star players, my club is rich and i have millions in transfer funds, i dont need to sell, i want to strengthen, but my chairman thinks differently......HELP PLEASE

Try Staff Responsibilities, it seems as though you might have your DoF/Director in charge of offers coming in for players
That formation is intense and I am very much on board
Yeah I am mate, only tactic I ever use really now. Though I am playing on the next version of the ME that'll be available on the next patch.

Is actually quite enjoyable and a nice change.

Oh, ahead of the game!

That last part is good to hear though, pleased to see it is still enjoyable