petepompei - Comments

#562226 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
Hi there,

Has anyone managed to create video adboards on a Mac, please? Just curious, because even with rabcp' s youtube tutorial (thanks for that), I still haven't been able to create one...

Any Mac users comments most welcomed.

Cheers
#557683 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
Hi there,
@rabcp, Thank you for all your hard work with adboards. A few posts ago, you mentioned that you were going to post a video tutorial to make video adboards. I'm stuck creating them and I would really appreciate this guide to see if it can help me finishing my vid adboards.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
#538186 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
11 years ago
HELLO FRIENDS, SOMEONE WOULD TELL ME HOW TO CONVERT A GIF OR AVI FILE IN IVF FOR VIDEOADBOARDS?

Yes, that's a good point. Also, would anybody be able to help me create just one videoadboards, please? I have tried but I can't seem to get the timing right. I would really appreciate help with this, please.
Thanks in advance.
#531537 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
11 years ago
All looked fine until the last couple of paragraphs. I have a fair amount less of items in the ads folder, 4.365 to be precise. What are those extra files - did you put anything else in there?

As for the 2D and 3D kits, where exactly did you install them? If the adboard stopped working after adding them, it could be that this was not done properly. Can you try removing them and see if the adboards work then?

Hi mons, thank you for the reply.
I've tried to remove the new kits and that didn't work. The kits are installed in their correct folders and correctly coded.

No, there's nothing else in the ads folder.

I deleted and reinstalled all adboard patches and now I'm getting England national tam adboards for a club friendly as per attachment. Is this normal? (before for friendly matches, I used to get default adboards).
#531474 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
11 years ago
What is the exact path of your \graphics\pictures\ads\ folder? As it's a Mac, the full path isn't visible.

Also, what is the size of this folder and how many files do you have in there?

Hi mons. Thank you for the reply.
here's my exact path for my folders:

graphics: Macintosh HD>Users>myusername>Library>Application Support>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2020>graphics>pictures

xml: Macintosh HD>Users>myusername>Library>Application Support>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2020>ads

steam: Macintosh HD>Users>myusername>Library>Application Support>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2020>data>simatchviewer_uncompressed

bidstack: Macintosh HD>Users>myusername>Library>Application Support>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2020>Preferences>version3

the ads folder (inside pictures) weighs 353,5 MB and has 5045 items.
These ads used to work before I updated my team's 2D and 3D kits; although I doubt it, do you think that has something to do with ads not working now?
#531353 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
11 years ago
You must have gone wrong somewhere, as the Dortmund static ads work as intended, make sure you have the newest xml file and search you actually have the dormund static ads (Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\pictures\ads\europe\germany\clubs\borussia dortmund)

Your issue is the pictures folder that also needs to be lower case

What issue are you having with the patch?

As far as I know that looks correct but I don play with a MAC so Icant 100% confirm

Hi rabcp. Thanks for the reply. I have the same problem than Kyle mcivor as I'm seeing only football manager 2008 static ads.
#531326 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
#531285 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
11 years ago
Checked the graphics folder and it already had a small g
And I am still having the same problem of all static adboards showing fm2008 logo

Yeah, me too!

Can somebody point out to me where the coding for adboards for friendlies is located in the fm.xml file, please?
#519140 💡 Logos Request Thread
Hi there,
Can somebody post the new Chicago Fire Logo, please?
Thanks in advance
#516530 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
11 years ago
#516426 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
11 years ago
It is possible to set the order of pitch side adboards however, they will vary by pitch size. So for example if you set ads to show in a certain order for a league, there appearance in relation to the pith will differ between club with a small or large pitch.

I’ll re upload the required files this evening,

Unfortunately this is hard coded within the game.

Hi rabcp.
Thanks for the reply and all the hard work you put in.
Can you re-upload the files missing from page 1 (Positioning Adboards), please?
Thanking you in advance,
Cheers
#515711 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
Hi rabcp,

Thanks for your great work. Is it possible to place adboards (static ones that is) in a certain way in a small stadium or is it random or hard coded (I'm playing with a Vanarama South League team), please?
You have a section on your first page about positioning adboards with a link to a downloadable file which isn't availble anymore.
#512443 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
11 years ago
Looking great rabcp, can't wait!
#511597 FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.4 Out Now!!!
11 years ago
Brilliant!!! Really looking forward to this. Thank you very much in advance.

@rabcp. I'm going to try to do some video adboards for a club I've created. Thank you for providing a tutorial and the tools you use. Xmedia Recode is only available on Windows, do you know of a similar software for macOS, please? Thanks.

Cheers