Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 28 minutes ago
Michael_Myers commented on: 💡 Logos Request Thread
Thatboyrosco commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
A new version of our data update was released with 172327 changes from 615 contributors.
hammer9 commented on: England - English Leagues Level 1-6 3D'2020/21 Relink! (18/09/20)
hammer9 commented on: SS 20/21 WIP Thread New!
a31632 commented on: 💡 Logos Request Thread
Whydack( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
hammer9 added a download: Croatia - HT Prva Liga SS'2020/21 by bolid74 New! (14/09/20) - Not SSKCC yet!
luferreira commented on: About the change kit colour at in-game editor
bolid74 commented on: About the change kit colour at in-game editor
luferreira commented on: About the change kit colour at in-game editor
luferreira added a topic: About the change kit colour at in-game editor
A new version of our data update was released with 172181 changes from 614 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 172161 changes from 613 contributors.
mons commented on: Created Player Transfer -
xNemesisx commented on: Created Player Transfer -
Michael_Myers commented on: 💡 Logos Request Thread
Abdul2604 broke the record for FM2020 Biggest Career Spend on Transfers with 3.49 Billion Pounds Spent - As of 1st February 2024
Abdul2604 broke the record for FM2020 Highest Transfer Fee Spent with 170 million Pounds - Mason Greenwood
Przemkurius broke the record for FM2020 Most Assists with 7
A new version of our data update was released with 171971 changes from 611 contributors.
Whydack( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
murrayg commented on: FMV Logos
atesz1996 commented on: FMV Logos
MatiiCamacho commented on: South America Megapack By Torneo
journeymanager commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
Engin Barış Sezen commented on: Turkey Mixpack 4 Mixpack
journeymanager commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
weeniehutjr commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
Abdul2604 broke the record for FM2020 Most Transfer Money Spent in a Season with 1.15 Billion Pounds Spent
MarcLister Comments
No, for the simple reason that the area for the text string to appear is smaller one some pages, which is why there are two separate kind of names.

If you really wanted to, you could use the club name change method illustrated in the first post to manually change them all yourself, which would be save-game compatible, but as you can imagine, it's a hell of a lot of work for only cosmetic benefit.
Hi Mons. Thanks. I could just do this for Premier League clubs.
Is there a way to force FM to use the long name of a club rather than the short name? So instead of Man Utd it would say Manchester United etc?

I don't know which file to edit to force FM to do this, if it is possible at all.
I can't remember but it could well be that the .PNG's were added initially. FM doesn't read PNG's but only png's (don't ask me why) and so when this issue was spotted, these 2 cuts (and maybe more) were added to the megapack in png format to ensure they are visible in-game. Certainly nothing to worry about That's it, it's really rather simple.
Hey mons. Cool, thanks. I always unpacked the zip and got the duplicate file message from 7-Zip so I assumed there were loads. I decided to check last night how many there really were by doing each file clash one at a time and was surprised it was only 2!
I've found two sets duplicate files with the same name, different dates and sizes. In both cases it looks like one has an extension of .png and the other .PNG.

They are 91185039 and 768274. The 91185039 are both the same size and of the same person but different photos. In one you can see a red shirt collar and in the other you can't. https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2020/player/91185039/tarsis-bonga

One of the 768274 is 180x180 the other is 250x250 but both are of the same person and are the same photo it appears. https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2020/player/768274/jan-roger-angvik
Did you go to preferences and reload your skin ?
I've done that now. Looks better. Thanks.
I have placed the files in S:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\textures\crowd\ and I can't really see any change. I've set Steam to look at the S: drive for my graphics so I know this is OK. I didn't have a textures folder in S:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\ so perhaps the game wasn't looking for a folder there?
It took me 4 goes to finally get the megapack to download successfully last night. Downloading through Firefox and not with any download manager.
The problem isn't with putting it within S folder, but in the Steam installation path. Just put it somewhere other than S:\Steam and you'll be fine.

Ah, OK. I'll try that. Thanks.

Hi mons. All sorted now. Thanks.

I hadn't understood you originally, sorry. Can I just counsel strongly AGAINST placing custom graphics in the Steam installation folder? Put them anywhere other than there.

OK, I'll move the graphics back to the default folder and see if that helps.

I did it originally to save space on my C: drive but I think I can get some space back from other things to make it viable.

If the user data folder isn't the default one (i.e. Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019), then you need to change the preferences from Steam. If you've done this already, you may need to refresh your skin cache from the preferences and reload your skin.
Hi mons. Yep, already done the launch options in Steam. "--user_data_location="S:\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\"

I've reloaded the skin several times.
Got a weird issue that I can't fix. I have download the Levels 1-6, Levels 7-8 and Level 9 pack and put them into my Steam folder on S: drive. 11 of the Premier League teams are displaying their original FM kits and not the downloaded ones. The other 9 PL teams kits' show perfectly well.

Seeing as some of the teams kits' show I don't get why the others aren't. The files are in the right place as otherwise the 9 teams with the updated shirts wouldn't have their kits showing.

Any idea what I've done wrong? I'm wondering if having the files on my Steam drive which is a different HD to my C: drive is part of the problem?
Great list. Any chance of it being made available in an Excel spreadsheet format to do multiple sorting of columns?
I thought I'd answer this part of your question now whilst I have a minute to spare
The XML should always be placed in the new user data folder (in the same way that you'd put facepacks and logo's in the user folder)
I'll take a look at where you folders are placed, when I'm back on my home PC
Thanks very much.

Edit: 12:15 - I've just started FM up and played a league game. I just noticed that the ads had changed! I haven't changed anything since last night when I finished FM so I've no idea why its suddenly worked!

I've downloaded this but I'm having trouble getting the new ads to appear in game. I've changed my game's user data folder location to my S: drive. Accordingly I have placed the ads folder containing the graphics in S:\Football Manager 2016\graphics\pictures\ads. The XML file that I've chosen is the clubs one and it is in S:\Football Manager\ads\fm.xml.

I've unticked the option in the game preferences for clicking on the ads to act as hyperlinks and have reloaded the skins. I see the original SI made ads on all games for Manchester United so PL, CL and Capital One Cup. Am I doing something wrong? Should the XML be in the My Documents location regardless of my having changed the user data folder location to S:?

The link below shows the ads that I'm getting.

Think you need to look at step 2, http://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/179/read-this-before-you-post

I am getting the same problem as you. I might PM the makers of the kits and ask them.

hirsty007 - I've just tried downloading the file linked to in step 2 and it works. (http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/816/kits-colours-change-relink-071012)

You will need to start a new game to get it to work as it appears to be editor data that the game loads when creating a new game.

By TomDixon77 | Permalink | On 02 November 2012 - 23:21 PM
Yep, it is. You've put the skin into a sub folder of the skins folder. It needs to go direckerly into the skins folder. I.e. skins/steklo_x3 not skins/steklo_x3/steklo_x3

Hi Tom,

That worked. FM can now see Steklo. Unfortunately when I selected the skin, I got an error message about a font not being found. All I get now is a black screen where I should see the FM menu. I've deleted the Steklo folder but FM still shows a black screen. I've re-verified the game files and that's not helped. I think the skin is now in the cache so unless I can delete the cache I think I might have to uninstall FM from Steam and re-download it. Do you know if I can delete the FM cache?

//EDIT// Sorted now. I found the cache and re-copied the skin folder from the original 7z file. Looks like I'd manage to put a copy of the steklo skin within the steklo skin, must have confused FM somewhat. :p

Hi Tom,

I'm having similar problems. I'm on Windows 7 and I cannot for the life of me get FM13 to accept that Steklo is available. I unpacked your 7z file using 7-Zip (kudos btw for using 7Zip!) and move the resulting folder to "C:\Users\Marc\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\skins\steklo_x3". Steklo_x3 is the root folder and within it is another folder called "steklo_x3" and a config.xml file. FM13 is set to not use a cache and to reload the skin each time I press confirm on the button. I've quit and re-started FM13; still it will not show the Steklo skin.

What am I doing wrong? It must be something amazingly simple because I've played FM since FM05 and I'm pretty handy with computers.

Cheers,