MarcLister - Comments

#567784 New site issues
Premium
That shouldn't be happening.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate your experience yet in order to figure out how to fix it.

Could you possibly experiment with dragging the edges of the browser window to resize it and see what effect it has. As it gets narrower it should automatically resize all the way to mobile sizes.

I'm not saying that's a "fix" it just might provide an indication as to why it's happening.

If you find an exact size the problem occurs could you visit this webpage and tell me the exact dimensions of your browser window at the time: http://howbigismybrowser.com/
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

If I alter my browser size the column on the right disappears below a certain size. At roughly 1594x894 the column on the right has no white space to its right. After that, say 1596x894 the white space re-appears.
#567751 New site issues
Premium
Will there be an alternative, perhaps dark, skin? This new skin has too much white and not enough contrast for me. I do have a 3440x1440 so that probably means I'll see more of a white background than most but the site is just a big block of white for me and it's a bit too much.

Anyone else have this big blank space on the right?

I'm also not keen on the column before it. I know we want to advertise the shop but can that not be moved to part of the header and the option to minimise the rest of that column to the right?
Yeah I've got that too. I couldn't work out why that column was so wide.
#565102 FM21 New Feature: xG or "Expected Goals"
Premium
Brilliant explanation of xG. Thanks!
#559072 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
Premium
Hi! I'm extracting the megapack and the app asks me if I want to replace files. I don't have any other face packs. What should I do? Here's how it looks like https://drive.google.com/file/d/11KFMrJbodyrFC_DyxUxsT83FGTGQT3DH/view?usp=sharing
I think it's where there's two images with the same filename but one is of a .png format and the other is a .PNG format.
#549003 FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.3 for FM20.4.1 [released on 28/04/2020]
Premium
No, for the simple reason that the area for the text string to appear is smaller one some pages, which is why there are two separate kind of names.

If you really wanted to, you could use the club name change method illustrated in the first post to manually change them all yourself, which would be save-game compatible, but as you can imagine, it's a hell of a lot of work for only cosmetic benefit.
Hi Mons. Thanks. I could just do this for Premier League clubs.
#548970 FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.3 for FM20.4.1 [released on 28/04/2020]
Premium
Is there a way to force FM to use the long name of a club rather than the short name? So instead of Man Utd it would say Manchester United etc?

I don't know which file to edit to force FM to do this, if it is possible at all.
#540246 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
Premium
I can't remember but it could well be that the .PNG's were added initially. FM doesn't read PNG's but only png's (don't ask me why) and so when this issue was spotted, these 2 cuts (and maybe more) were added to the megapack in png format to ensure they are visible in-game. Certainly nothing to worry about That's it, it's really rather simple.
Hey mons. Cool, thanks. I always unpacked the zip and got the duplicate file message from 7-Zip so I assumed there were loads. I decided to check last night how many there really were by doing each file clash one at a time and was surprised it was only 2!
#540163 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
Premium
I've found two sets duplicate files with the same name, different dates and sizes. In both cases it looks like one has an extension of .png and the other .PNG.

They are 91185039 and 768274. The 91185039 are both the same size and of the same person but different photos. In one you can see a red shirt collar and in the other you can't. https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2020/player/91185039/tarsis-bonga

One of the 768274 is 180x180 the other is 250x250 but both are of the same person and are the same photo it appears. https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2020/player/768274/jan-roger-angvik
#520069 FM20 Better Crowd Colors
Premium
Did you go to preferences and reload your skin ?
I've done that now. Looks better. Thanks.
#519981 FM20 Better Crowd Colors
Premium
I have placed the files in S:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\textures\crowd\ and I can't really see any change. I've set Steam to look at the S: drive for my graphics so I know this is OK. I didn't have a textures folder in S:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\ so perhaps the game wasn't looking for a folder there?
#490666 Cut-Out Faces Megapack TECHNICAL SUPPORT thread
Premium
It took me 4 goes to finally get the megapack to download successfully last night. Downloading through Firefox and not with any download manager.
#468765 SS Discussion/Help Thread
Premium
The problem isn't with putting it within S folder, but in the Steam installation path. Just put it somewhere other than S:\Steam and you'll be fine.

Ah, OK. I'll try that. Thanks.

Hi mons. All sorted now. Thanks.
#468758 SS Discussion/Help Thread
Premium
I hadn't understood you originally, sorry. Can I just counsel strongly AGAINST placing custom graphics in the Steam installation folder? Put them anywhere other than there.

OK, I'll move the graphics back to the default folder and see if that helps.

I did it originally to save space on my C: drive but I think I can get some space back from other things to make it viable.
#468753 SS Discussion/Help Thread
Premium
If the user data folder isn't the default one (i.e. Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019), then you need to change the preferences from Steam. If you've done this already, you may need to refresh your skin cache from the preferences and reload your skin.
Hi mons. Yep, already done the launch options in Steam. "--user_data_location="S:\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\"

I've reloaded the skin several times.
#468750 SS Discussion/Help Thread
Premium
Got a weird issue that I can't fix. I have download the Levels 1-6, Levels 7-8 and Level 9 pack and put them into my Steam folder on S: drive. 11 of the Premier League teams are displaying their original FM kits and not the downloaded ones. The other 9 PL teams kits' show perfectly well.

Seeing as some of the teams kits' show I don't get why the others aren't. The files are in the right place as otherwise the 9 teams with the updated shirts wouldn't have their kits showing.

Any idea what I've done wrong? I'm wondering if having the files on my Steam drive which is a different HD to my C: drive is part of the problem?
#402695 Football Manager 2018 Wonderkids
Premium
Great list. Any chance of it being made available in an Excel spreadsheet format to do multiple sorting of columns?
#323798 FM 2016 Ad Board Patch - Released on 10/12/2015
Premium
I thought I'd answer this part of your question now whilst I have a minute to spare
The XML should always be placed in the new user data folder (in the same way that you'd put facepacks and logo's in the user folder)
I'll take a look at where you folders are placed, when I'm back on my home PC
Thanks very much.

Edit: 12:15 - I've just started FM up and played a league game. I just noticed that the ads had changed! I haven't changed anything since last night when I finished FM so I've no idea why its suddenly worked!
#323775 FM 2016 Ad Board Patch - Released on 10/12/2015
Premium
I've downloaded this but I'm having trouble getting the new ads to appear in game. I've changed my game's user data folder location to my S: drive. Accordingly I have placed the ads folder containing the graphics in S:\Football Manager 2016\graphics\pictures\ads. The XML file that I've chosen is the clubs one and it is in S:\Football Manager\ads\fm.xml.

I've unticked the option in the game preferences for clicking on the ads to act as hyperlinks and have reloaded the skins. I see the original SI made ads on all games for Manchester United so PL, CL and Capital One Cup. Am I doing something wrong? Should the XML be in the My Documents location regardless of my having changed the user data folder location to S:?

The link below shows the ads that I'm getting.

#16704 england kits not working?
Premium
Think you need to look at step 2, http://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/179/read-this-before-you-post

I am getting the same problem as you. I might PM the makers of the kits and ask them.

hirsty007 - I've just tried downloading the file linked to in step 2 and it works. (http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/816/kits-colours-change-relink-071012)

You will need to start a new game to get it to work as it appears to be editor data that the game loads when creating a new game.
#16494 Steklo X3 v1.2
By TomDixon77 | Permalink | On 02 November 2012 - 23:21 PM
Yep, it is. You've put the skin into a sub folder of the skins folder. It needs to go direckerly into the skins folder. I.e. skins/steklo_x3 not skins/steklo_x3/steklo_x3

Hi Tom,

That worked. FM can now see Steklo. Unfortunately when I selected the skin, I got an error message about a font not being found. All I get now is a black screen where I should see the FM menu. I've deleted the Steklo folder but FM still shows a black screen. I've re-verified the game files and that's not helped. I think the skin is now in the cache so unless I can delete the cache I think I might have to uninstall FM from Steam and re-download it. Do you know if I can delete the FM cache?

//EDIT// Sorted now. I found the cache and re-copied the skin folder from the original 7z file. Looks like I'd manage to put a copy of the steklo skin within the steklo skin, must have confused FM somewhat. :p
#16459 Steklo X3 v1.2
Hi Tom,

I'm having similar problems. I'm on Windows 7 and I cannot for the life of me get FM13 to accept that Steklo is available. I unpacked your 7z file using 7-Zip (kudos btw for using 7Zip!) and move the resulting folder to "C:\Users\Marc\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\skins\steklo_x3". Steklo_x3 is the root folder and within it is another folder called "steklo_x3" and a config.xml file. FM13 is set to not use a cache and to reload the skin each time I press confirm on the button. I've quit and re-started FM13; still it will not show the Steklo skin.

What am I doing wrong? It must be something amazingly simple because I've played FM since FM05 and I'm pretty handy with computers.

Cheers,